+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just a bit of advice...

Just a bit of advice...

Well theres this girl i have been 'friends' with for quite some time now, but ever since i really got to know her i cant stop thinking about her...

I know were friends and all but i feel as if maybe she might even like me more then a friend if i can see clearly.. what im really asking for is advice on how to act towards her to see if she really likes me like i like her.. Thanks in advance.. Marcus..

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The best thing to do in a situation like your is just be honest with her about your feelings. She will let you know if she feels the same.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I know i should, but the thing is i dont want to destroy our friendship... i just want to know howf i can tell if she likes me more then just a friend by how she acts towards me.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you are crushing on her, then this really isn't a true "friendship", is it? I don't generally have romantic feelings for my friends.

I think the only way you can resolve this is to be up front. Yes, it is risky, but nothing worth having comes without risk. Besides, if she doesn't like you back, wouldn't you like to be able to have some resolution? That way, you can get yourself ready for the girl who WAS meant for you.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Yeah, tough thing is that's the best way to go at it; just say it...

I know it is much easier said than done! (I don't think I could ever do that...)

Otherwise, use touch; put your hand on her arm when you say something funny or exciting... make some innocent brushes up against her; I sense you are more interested in testing the waters so to speak than spilling it all out... Try some little gestures towards her to see how she responds; if all else fails play games with her head Smother her for like 4 days straight then be unavailable for the next 3 months... girls love that

Try not to get closer to her by becoming better friends. Try to distinguish yourself as a potential boyfriend.

Some important things:
    1. Eye contact. This is hard when you have a crush, but vital.
    2. Look happy to see her. Don't try to be Mr. Cool- she'll think you're mad at her
    3. Tell somebody. I assume you're in high school. High school is a rumor mill. Even better, TELL HER. Believe me, girls want to know.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Y'know, we always tell these people to "just say it".

But now that I think about it, there's smarter ways to go about it than to "just say it".

Everyone always says "just say it" but we all know we never do. Shyness, insecurity, and fear of rejection always take over at that point.
    <3

Sure... I for one would NEVER "just say it"... there are less direct ways to get to it, but in retrospect and from someone outside of the situation, it still is the quickest, surest way We're all so afraid of rejection we will go to great means to avoid it (self included) I guess its more of a buildup until the more direct things; you don't walk up to a stranger and tell them you have been thinking about them every day and have lost sleep because of their beauty... getting to know someone (being careful not to be caught in the "designated friend" zone) can bring several opportunities... gigabitch hits it on the head; eye contact, compliments, innocent touches/gestures can build confidence (or tell us otherwise) towards someone in this respect. It takes time though.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Y'know, we always tell these people to "just say it".

But now that I think about it, there's smarter ways to go about it than to "just say it".

Well? Aren't you going to tell us the smarter ways to go about it?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Well? Aren't you going to tell us the smarter ways to go about it?
    I thought about it.

But the way I did it was a long complicated one, so I lost the urge to share.

Just do what you gotta do to say the right thing at the right time.

Preferrably sooner than later.

Tada~

Try this - put your arm around her or move towards her, touch her hand, get some physical contact going. See if she backs away or acts uncomfortable. You don't have to go and ask her out right away. Try to be a little flirty and see if she responds.

Well thanks all for the advice, but its kind of wierd the way she acts to me..

I tried a few things ya'll said and it seemed to turn her off.. so i stopped it now it almost seems as shes comming on to me, I just want to know a way to tell if shes playing with me or its the real deal..

Thanks~

I feel stupid for posting here.... so should ya'll

Quote Originally Posted by <3_<3? View Post
    Well thanks all for the advice, but its kind of wierd the way she acts to me..

I tried a few things ya'll said and it seemed to turn her off.. so i stopped it now it almost seems as shes comming on to me, I just want to know a way to tell if shes playing with me or its the real deal..

Thanks~
    Maybe it just took her a while to take in the new approach. And if you feel stupid posting here, why are you doing it? Is is some kind of submissive thing?

Freako.