+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For all the singles out there ..

For all the singles out there ..

You know I was in the city today, nice day, sunny weather, and all i kept seeing was couples. couples holding hands, couples hanging out, doing couply stuff. and i felt absoloutely and completly lonely. like being stuck in a black hole of lonliness and time has slowed down ..

so all the singles out there ... i feel your pain. thats all i wanted to say.

Fair enough. I see where you're coming from and I guess it's only natural that we will feel that way from time to time. However I don't think we should base our absolute happiness upon being with a significant other, everyone is worth a lot with or without a partner and we aren't better or worse without a partner.

But yeah, I hear you.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer101 View Post
    You know I was in the city today, nice day, sunny weather, and all i kept seeing was couples. couples holding hands, couples hanging out, doing couply stuff. and i felt absoloutely and completly lonely. like being stuck in a black hole of lonliness and time has slowed down ..

so all the singles out there ... i feel your pain. thats all i wanted to say.
    I've said that for a looong time now, I know exactly what you're talking about. When you're single and lonely it seems that you're the only one out there. Sometimes I feel I'm on another planet or outside looking in. And I can't figure it out to save my life.

And yeah, yeah, yeah, it's all well and good to use the standard cliche (AKA cop-out) that 'we shouldn't depend upon others for our happiness' but the reality of the World is that we humans are not meant to be alone. It's un-natural.

Let's all put a smile on our faces, pretend everything is rainbows, puppy dogs and sunbeams and go to a movie alone. Go have a nice dinner alone. Celebrate a business deal alone. Go see your favorite band in concert alone. Have the flu in bed alone. Go to the beach alone. It's bullshit, people were not meant to function alone.

On a positive note, always remember that there is someone out there that at this exact moment is feeling the same way as you and longing, wishing and praying for someone like you. You just have to keep pushing on until you meet them, and as sure as the sun comes up, you will. Maybe tonight, maybe in six months or a few years but you will.

What I've come to realize is that unless the UPS driver or the pizza delivery guy/gal turns out to be your soulmate, you have to get out there and meet people, doesn't matter whether it's a smoke-filled bar, Grand-Ma's after-church social or anything in between, just anywhere there are people.

yay me, i'm not single, wheeee! *rubs it in*..
    sorry, I'm cruel. On a more serious note though, there are two sides to the whole thing. Many coupled people will tell you that they sometimes miss the freedoms of being single. Sure, we all want not to be alone, but when you feel lonely, just remember that it's not all bad. Certainly a lot better than being in a bad relationship would be, for sure!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The only thing worse than being single and lonely is feeling lonely when you are married because that causes you to lose hope for a solution, but eh - everyone sings the blues from time to time. We are ALL isolated creatures ultimately.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    The only thing worse than being single and lonely is feeling lonely when you are married because that causes you to lose hope for a solution
    This is quite true. At least when you're alone and single there's hope. Your life can change in an instant by just meeting the right person.

We are ALL isolated creatures ultimately.
    Yep, I've never seen a double casket...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    Certainly a lot better than being in a bad relationship would be, for sure!
    Also very true. I'd rather be in misery from loneliness than inflicted with misery from another person. At least we can maintain our pride and dignity.
    Last edited by blackiesharley; 26-08-06 at 11:27 PM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've done pretty well for myself as a lone wolf.

It's not all that bad.

hey, i am alone too. just broked up with my boyfriend...

all day i walked alone( now i am in the country side, a shit ****ing hollyday, the worsed i have ever had), i smoked at least 40 cigarettes, i tried to read something, i phoned all my friends, and they where ALL very busy and happy, i ran with the dogs in the forest near my house...i am driving mad...belive me, i am driving mad very soon.

and in the evening it started to rain, so ****ing dramatic,as if God have something against me...

i don't eat, i can't read, i can't wach the tv, i want to do something, i don't know what, and i am smoking, and smoking and drinking coffe, and walking, and smoking...

i distroied the photos, i gave away the presents i had from him, i droped away his clothes, what else???
    The way i have sex is.... politically incorrect!

[url]http://community.webshots.com/user/daiza2006[/url]

oh, don't want to mention, that i drived to the next town from here, to meet a friend, and 3 times at radio it was "our song"- a diffrent corner" GM.

i'am telling u friends, daiza is getting mad, very soon...

sorry to hear that Daiza woah, don't smoke yourself to death though, take care of yourself.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quit smoking, it makes you smell like piss.

I have my eye on 3 girls right now, maybe I'll grab one of them...maybe.... If they're worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    sorry to hear that Daiza woah, don't smoke yourself to death though, take care of yourself.
    tks a lot friend.

Yeah I can sympathize with the feelings of lonliness. I had alot of it due to my social phobia. I try to stay strong and keep my head above the water.
    Things seems to be improving somewhat. My anxiety is slowly melting away. I'm learning more and more about human interaction.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Amen to all those who responded. Thanks people for sharing. And yes, I understand that it can be a lot worse and neither am saying taht is the souce of absoloute happiness, BuT .. wouldn't it have been nice on that sunny afternoon if she was there... that perfect moment .. i would give anything. and everybody else is having that perfect moment - thats the black hole. but it was pissing down with rain today so everybody had a crap day.

Daiza - hang in there babes.

Just because there are loads of couples around doesn't mean they are happy and in that perfect moment. I know when I have been in a couple i have been watching other couples wishing we were like them because I know we wern't truely happy or we were not getting on. It is better to be single and appreciate all the beauty in your surroundings rather than being in an unhappy relationship.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast