+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tired of being single ..

Tired of being single ..

I'm 17, I'm going in 12th grade in september. I've never had a boyfriend and I start to think I'm not normal because of that. I'm a very shy girl, I'm not ugly. I think most of the guys here are kind of stupid though, and the ones who interest me always seems to be taken, or not interested into me. Is it weird that I've never had a boyfriend yet at my age..? It makes me feel very sad and depressed.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well at 17, your probably not gonna find any relationships that are gonna actually last anyways. So don't feel like your missing out. I really didn't get into any serious relationships until I was out of high school. Once you get out of high school, there are a lot more opportunities out there. Plus guys tend to be more mature. So, don't feel bad. Why date someone just to date them, right? Actually try to date someone that is worth your time. In the long run, you will be happy you held out for someone you really liked instead of just dating just for the fact of dating. Hang in there.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Lots of 17 year olds haven't had boyfriends, and usually they are the emotionally healthy girls. Don't worry, you aren't even close to the age where it is uncommon.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

yup, I didn't really have a bf at 17 either. Don't worry about it

You shouldn't feel that way. I didn't have a bf when i was 17. I still didn't have one when i was 20, but you know what? Someone said this to me, "you shouldn't be jealous of what other people have, nor hate them. Be patient and god will give you what they have and more."

There is someone out there for you. Just hang in there.

My advice KamiGirl is dont be too quick in trying to get a boyfriend. To be honest and speaking as a guy alot of guys are just looking for girls to have sex with and then dump later (I heard it alot from guys when I was in school). Its not a cool thing.

I just wouldnt want to see another human to be hurt in that way. So thats why I'm telling you. If your going to get a boyfriend make sure he's decent guy first. Dont rush into it.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm 20 and I've never had a boyfriend. Beat that bitch!

What the heck? If you think being 17 and never having a boyfriend is abnormal, then I'm probably the most abnormal person on earth cuz I'm 24 and still havent had a man. Yeah I get sad sometimes, but mostly embarrass, because everytime a conversation regarding about boyfriends/girlfriends stirs up with my family, I say I don't have a man, and they ask you still don't have a man? . And some of my friends look at me weird when I say I never had a boyfriend and they start thinking I'm gay . Well my reason for never having a man...all the guys that tried to get with me their looks are not my type. And the guys that I think are okay or cute, they say I look good, they flirt and stuff, but never ask me out. But I guess it is better never having a boyfriend that having a boyfriend that you are not really into.
    Last edited by letan; 27-08-06 at 07:55 AM.

Thanks for all the replies
    I guess I'll focus on my studies, and I'll find someone one day. =/
    The thing is, I'm very quiet in real life. I hate being shy.

Is there something I could do for guys to notice me more though? Like I said I'm very quiet, I'm not too good at starting conversations with someone
    I don't know. Maybe I should change my style or something?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you are shy, you need to work on being a bit more approachable. If you don't look friendly, nobody will ever feel comfortable striking up a conversation with you. Be sure you make brief eye contact with people and SMILE. When people talk to you, you have to allow them to feel like you are enjoying the conversation. Practice with your brother or your friends.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Heh... or practice on stuffed animals...

Seriously though, I am very quiet and shy too... but frankly I don't want any girls messing up my life at the moment so it works out well for me

Hmm... unfortunately people usually do not just come to you like magic zombies... you usually need to be out there somewhere to be found...

Are there any groups that you can join? Church organizations are always good for meeting peolpe with similar values... Oh, and college is COMPLETELY different... you will want to be single just becuase there will be so many cute guys you can't pick just one!

And it's honestly safe and smart to avoid getting attached to someone at the END of a school thing... most likely you will go your separate ways and freshman year of college can really change a lot; College is great too, since you don't know anyone and noone expects you to be how they know you are, capice? This is a fresh start; go up to some cute guy and just flirt like hell if you're in a big enough school you will never see them again guranteed and they would never remember... Anyways, you are still young! I never had any type of romantic relationships with a girl until through my freshman year... and I wouldn't have it any other way now, in retrospect. Life awaits and you don't sound like a total creep so there is someone out there for you

And yes, it does kindof suck being single... is this going to turn into a sap-sob thread?

yeah, but do it for yourself and your own confidence, not just to attract guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    yeah, but do it for yourself and your own confidence, not just to attract guys.
    Definitely... you will never be happy in anything if you are only putting on a facade or faking what you think people want you to be... the right person will love you for who you are

while on the subject i'm shy and so i never played any of those games while some of the popular (boring crowed who talk about sports and sex all day) play games like spin the bottle.

And so I havn't had a first kiss , is that bad? (i think i'm the only one of my friends who hasn't and luckly the perosn i am i'm not a gossiper and so they never ask me about girls anyway beacuse i don't gossip but i don't know i just am tied between getting a gf for practice because i'm shy/incase they ask me and because in society today it';s expected of you i guess. I don't know I just read these and then worry myself.

Don't let "society" tell you to do anything! That is bull...

Like I said, lots of people don't date at all until college (self happily included) You have to realize that most high school romances do not and cannot stand the test of college life; being around hundreds of hot individuals of the opposite sex... among other things It sucks in some ways, yes, becuase its something you want and can't have; get over it Really though, I say you will be better off waiting until you really know who YOU are before getting into anything serious.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast