+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you believe in Self Reincarnation????

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    No. I think reincarnation is something thought up by people who can't face the idea that once you are gone, you are gone for good.

Same for Heaven, by the way.
    So.....why do you believe that your just gone....? the human mind can't comprehend itself being non-existant. Tell me, how would it be like to be non-existant. and what about the soul...? Doesn't that last forever

Impossible to tell huh? And tell me why you would think this?

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I am always struck by the irony of people characterizing the God of the Old Testament as harsh and punishing while calling the God of the New Testament kind and forgiving. The God of the OT punishes but ultimately forgives, but the God of the NT is kind and loving until you die.
    Christians make me giggle, until I think about Puritans and Catholics--especially Puritans. I want to just slap the living piss out of them.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron20b View Post
    So.....why do you believe that your just gone....? the human mind can't comprehend itself being non-existant. Tell me, how would it be like to be non-existant. and what about the soul...? Doesn't that last forever

Impossible to tell huh? And tell me why you would think this?
    Because there is nothing telling me otherwise that can be proven. Why are you disturbed by my doubt? Does it make you question your own beliefs?

BTW - science can't prove there even IS a soul. That is a matter of faith.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    BTW - science can't prove there even IS a soul. That is a matter of faith.
    Wouldn't be too sure about that one, vash....

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
    Wouldn't be too sure about that one, vash....
    Point me to the evidence, skaterboy. I would LIKE to be wrong about this.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    Okay, I just googled something and the very first result I got was this: [url]http://home.comcast.net/~neardeath/religion/001_pages/03.html[/url]

And that was way back in 2001.... You're old.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That is a religious website. I think they could easily be considered a BIASED source. Besides, that was nothing more than another "near death experience"article. No science behind it.

This is not to say that I don't believe in the presence of the soul, because I do. I'm just saying that science can't prove we have one.

EDIT: Actually, I am not sure what I clicked that gave me the impression that was a religious web site, but I take that back. However, it still does not cite the actual scientific research, so I am not accepting it.
    Last edited by vashti; 28-08-06 at 03:42 AM.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    However, it still does not cite the actual scientific research, so I am not accepting it.
    That doesn't matter.... There are a lot of things that you don't accept, like the fact that I exponentially increase the meaning of your life. If you just came to terms and were honest with yourself, these things would just be a lot easier for you.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
    I exponentially increase the meaning of your life.
    This is your brain on drugs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12