+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats Going on here?

Whats Going on here?

Hi girls.

I have a question for you and it requires a little story.

I like this girl and she always seems to flirt with me, like playful punches, teasing etc. And she always jokes with me, but we don't have a hugely strong/intimate friendship.

I don't know whether she likes me, but I suspect not. So my question is should i just grow some balls and ask? or how should i go about finding out (without seeming pathetic)? And how can I get her to like me (for lack of better words) if she likes someone else (but they are not dating)?

How old are you? People should just be straight up, if you want to know something then ask, you're never going to know otherwise, are you? You could blatantly ask her "So, are you interested in anyone?", it's not so difficult to do you know. You can beat around the bush or you can ask, whatever you decide - you're taking a risk. If you don't ask then you run the risk of missing out on something, if you do ask you may be rejected. But who cares, at least you'll know.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

Yeah, Vena's right. Just ask. If nothing else, it's practice for the future.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ask...but in a kind of playful manner, to avoid awkwardness.

No, don't ask. Check her love vitals first. Does she smile at you a lot? Do her pupils dialate when she's with you? Does she play with her hair? You can even grab her hands when she's beating on you and hold them behind her for a while like a hug and see what she does...
    "So tonight, when you're wondering what to say, or how you look, or whether or not she likes you, just remember, she is already out with you. That means she said yes when she could have said no. That means she made a plan when she could have just blown you off. So that means it is no longer your job to try to make her like you. It is your job not to mess it up."

-Hitch

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Ask...but in a kind of playful manner, to avoid awkwardness.
    That could backfire, and she might think hes joking and say no; even if she wants to say yes. She may even take offence by it

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by mahouyuki View Post
    That could backfire, and she might think hes joking and say no; even if she wants to say yes. She may even take offence by it
    Maybe you would.

I'm agreeing with Hitch on this one.......My new theory for finding out if a girl truely fancies you is the dilated pupils check, anything else can be acted, false, put on.

If her pupils dilate while ye speak/listen she fancies you. Whether or not she's single and wants to date you. Only one way to find that out...ASK!

1] Do the dilated pupils check

2] Find out if she has a boyfriend in a subtle way

3] If no boyfriend ask her out

Remember she could be Bi and have a girlfriend. Not sure the best way to approach that guestion though.
    Many questions answered.... Many answers questioned

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You newbies crack me up. I can imagine how this would go.

"Would you mind opening your eye a little wider so I can see if your pupils are dilated? Don't be alarmed; I have to stand close so I can have a look."

Seriously you guys, quit being so afraid of rejection and learn to ask for what you want. It will make a man out of you.

I'm with Giga and Venacava, only I think I might say "so, are you seeing anyone", because you will get more clues based on her answer that way.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    You newbies crack me up. I can imagine how this would go.

"Would you mind opening your eye a little wider so I can see if your pupils are dilated? Don't be alarmed; I have to stand close so I can have a look."

Seriously you guys, quit being so afraid of rejection and learn to ask for what you want. It will make a man out of you.

I'm with Giga and Venacava, only I think I might say "so, are you seeing anyone", because you will get more clues based on her answer that way.

Newbie?

Excuse me!! No it's a guy thing, fragile ego's. We wanna be pretty sure before we put another dent in it. Ye girls wouldnt understand

Quote Originally Posted by derm View Post
    Newbie?

Excuse me!! No it's a guy thing, fragile ego's. We wanna be pretty sure before we put another dent in it. Ye girls wouldnt understand

Right. Because we're known for our emotional fortitude. We're not easily hurt or anything.

Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Right. Because we're known for our emotional fortitude. We're not easily hurt or anything.

Sheesh.
    Hit the nail on the head!

Hit the nail on the head!
    Oh my God, derm, I'm (sob!) totally crushed! How could you say something so insensitive... to meeeeeeee?

Boo hoo hoo hoo

Nooo what I meant was in future hit the nail on the head...that statement was so off the mark........like soooooo inaccurate

Nooo what I meant was in future hit the nail on the head...that statement was so off the mark........like soooooo inaccurate
    It's too late. My own misunderstanding has ruined me for any man I will meet for the next six months. He'll ask me out and I'll yell, "We have feelings, too, you bastard!"

Then I will run away.

And this is how the communication problems of two genders are perpetuated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast