+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Question about buying flowers to girls

Question about buying flowers to girls

I posted 2 questions before. Thanks for all the comments left by u girls. They are very helpful, which convince me to continue in asking more questions.

Here's my new question.

As we all know, roses represents love and romance. Say, I dated a girl on a day that's not valentine's. I gave her 11 roses (Why? Simply because I wanna buy her roses and of course I like her). What will you girls think immediately? Will a girl get scared of the guy just cuz of what roses represent (say you two are only friends at this point)? Will you girls immediately think that this guy wants to start a relationship with you?

Bottom line: I wanna know what a girl will think if she were to receive 11 roses on a regular date that's not valentine's. Thanks for all the help

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, since people tend to associate roses with love, why don't you take her something else? Something more creative and interesting?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Personally I wouldn't take any kind of symbolism from the actual flower unless you pointed it out.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

Quote Originally Posted by tooxshort View Post
    why 11? ......

oh...it's an asian thing...not that important to know

Quote Originally Posted by boaboaboa View Post
    oh...it's an asian thing...not that important to know

Will she understand it? Because if it was me, I'd know that roses usually come by the dozen. I would assume that you pulled one out to give to someone else, and if it wasn't your mom, I'd be pissed.

Roses are a whatever kind of gift. Some girls expect them, though.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think those thoughts may come from any kind of flower you may give. Not as in "love" but just the fact of being curious as to where things will go. But flowes are always a nice gesture for anything.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Will she understand it? Because if it was me, I'd know that roses usually come by the dozen. I would assume that you pulled one out to give to someone else, and if it wasn't your mom, I'd be pissed.

Roses are a whatever kind of gift. Some girls expect them, though.

Well, she may understand...but i prefer her ask me why 11 roses, because that's where the romantic part plays

Get something original... like..

12 Black Orchids... It's perfect for funerals, and it sends the message to her that she has all 12 months of the year to die in..

3 branches of Poison Ivy... This one is my favorite.. watch as she comes closer to it and tries to smell it... try not to laugh when she can't smell anything and sticks her face in to see if it's just her nose... now.. wait 30 minutes and WALLAH!!! her face is 50% larger and more red than before!!!

12 roses... interestingly enough.. there are exactly 12 different unique colors that roses come in. Some may look the same, but up-close they are quite distinct. Get her all kinds... and stick a white lily in the middle... If she happens to have a female epiphane of knowlage and comments on the white flower not looking quite like a rose... you can reaffirm that it is in fact not a rose, but different.. and say something cute... you know... something she wants to hear like... "12 of the best roses I could find, but that flower is yours, because it stands out, just like you.."

AWWWWWWW you ears out buddy...

If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Haha, smooth.
    Get her whatever kind of flowers you want to get. If someones going to read that deeply into flowers - wooowwww.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

Well, you can always stick with something corny.. yet funny...

I like to call it the (1,2, roses).. here's how it works..

You get two roses.. you give her one and say.. "A rose for a rose".. then take a pause... and tell her as you give her the other rose.. "Oh.. and an other rose".. It sounds cheesy.. but when she sees that it was intentionally funny on your part... it's even found to be quite cute...

Then, you have the Phiones.. I'm not sure that how you spell the flower, but they look like pussy-lilies basicly.. (yes, it's a flower!)..

Get the dyed ones.. Tones of blues and green... or.. tones of pink, red, and orange... now.. along with them.. you might want to add a good mix of typical lilies... white, red, yellow, pink.. orange.. even other colors if you find..

The message is simple.. "That she's not like other girls, she's different, she's special, and she's not typical and boring like a bunch of roses.."

Try to pull this little stunt off AWAY from Valentine's day.. since roses are more expensive on that season, and you will come off as cheap if you buy her anything but roses... instead, try it on off-season for roses, tends to be around early June to late July... perfect to find the best selection of lilies!!!

If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I like daffodils, peonies and stargazer lilies.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I always wanted to get a girl a flower.

Just because.

I had thought about buying all my female teammates flowers this past year, but I couldn't figure out a good way to figure out what their favorite flower was without giving it away.

Plus, flowers can be expensive...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Trader Joes has good prices on flowers. Also, a lot of supermarkets have flowers you can buy, but be sure to have them re-wrapped at the florist's counter because the pre-packaged ones look cheesy.