+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love...does it exist

Love...does it exist

Simple question. Does love exist? If it does exist is it the love you hear about in fairy tales? And if it does exist are you currently or have you in the past experienced it?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Whoa! You sound like you are down in the dumps.

Anyway, fairy tales are not real. If you go through life expecting a fairy tale to materialize, you will be disappointed.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Why restrict yourself to love of only that type? True love is so much more than any fairy tale as it is experienced and no long fantisized about. To actually live it is above and beyond the realms of lingistics and vernacular.

Borealis

Real love exists. It's kinda scary. (For me, anyway.) I've never seen anything approaching fairy-tale love in the real world.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you don't have it, then no, it doesn't.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BFTrick
    Simple question. Does love exist?
    No.

If it does exist is it the love you hear about in fairy tales?
    No.

And if it does exist are you currently or have you in the past experienced it?
    Null value. Asshole.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by tooxshort View Post
    it does exist ...

and i am currently experiencing it ...
    Whoa.

When did I miss this??

I think it does, yeah.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

I guess my own answer the question is....it could exist. Its not impossible for it to exist. But i doubt i will truely believe in it until i experience it myself.

It is hard to have a gf when they know you dont believe in love. They seem to think that the relationship will go no where. Thats why i brought this question up.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Whoa! You sound like you are down in the dumps.

Anyway, fairy tales are not real. If you go through life expecting a fairy tale to materialize, you will be disappointed.
    It depends on what your 'fairy tale' is. I both agree and disagree with vashti. I disagree, because I think in some ways, fairy tale love can happen. Maybe not exactly the way you think of it, but I think of it this way: You could find the person you've always been waiting for, things could happen correctly and maybe your intuition could be right. And, you could live 'happily ever after'. What are the chances of it? That's a different story. But, it could happen.

I do agree with her though, because I agree with the part "If you go through life expecting a fairy tale to materialize, you will be disappointed". I'm sort of the type who maybe doesn't expect it, but really wishes it to. And it is disappointing.. it really is. However.. it can happen.
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal View Post
    It depends on what your 'fairy tale' is. I both agree and disagree with vashti. I disagree, because I think in some ways, fairy tale love can happen. Maybe not exactly the way you think of it, but I think of it this way: You could find the person you've always been waiting for, things could happen correctly and maybe your intuition could be right. And, you could live 'happily ever after'. What are the chances of it? That's a different story. But, it could happen.

I do agree with her though, because I agree with the part "If you go through life expecting a fairy tale to materialize, you will be disappointed". I'm sort of the type who maybe doesn't expect it, but really wishes it to. And it is disappointing.. it really is. However.. it can happen.

I agree with you entirely. The reason I don't call it "fairy tale" is because this kind of love - which I associate with the chemistry of a new relationship - doesn't last. It evolves into something less heady, but more stable.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    Welcome to vashti's sex life.

>.>

<.<

I am going to use all my 10 min. of computer time to pick on you.

At least Vashti probably has a sex life. I bet you are one of the 35 year old dudes that lives in his mom's basement, and plays video games. I bet you look like Craig Feltsbar from melcome in the middle.
    - "Vref"
    - "Call the Ball"
    - "over the numbers"

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vref
    I am going to use all my 10 min. of computer time to pick on you.
    Bad idea.

At least Vashti probably has a sex life. I bet you are one of the 35 year old dudes that lives in his mom's basement, and plays video games.
    Idiot. I think it has been well-established on these forums that I'm 16. I've talked to members here on the phone, and everybody knows I am who I say I am. I'm sure an idiot like yourself does anything in your spare time other than masturbate, overwhelmed by a large feeling of guilt, which is ironic considering I'm supposedly the creepy 35 year old asshole living in his mom's basement, when you're the one who just made a thread about how you're in love with somebody you haven't even met or seen a picture of, you cock.

I bet you look like Craig Feltsbar from melcome in the middle.
    Come on, Hawking. *Malcolm, maybe?

Dude your out of your league,

GO TO BED, and let the grown ups talk !

I have seen a pic of Vashti, and she is way to hot for you !!!!!

I am in the Mid East. ADULT humor, which you would not understand is more complex.

Vashti and I have a sophisticated banter, that is meant for her only.

She is a friend, and I am in a war zone, and thought I would surprise her by saying hi, and you flung crap at my first thread.

So grow up, brush you teeth and go to bed.
    - "Vref"
    - "Call the Ball"
    - "over the numbers"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast