+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does Anyone Have Some Controlling Parents??

Does Anyone Have Some Controlling Parents??

Does anyone else have some controlling parents that dont like who they are dating? if so what do u guys do to tell them to back off and just let me do what i want. i know my mom hates who i date i need her to back off and give me my space if anyone have advice tell me.

King Zarathu Guest
    Yes. I have an über-controlling father, but I moved out of his place.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The best way to have your independence is to move out and support yourself fully. Until you do that, you have to put up with them.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    The best way to have your independence is to move out and support yourself fully. Until you do that, you have to put up with them.
    Shaddap.
    /

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Yes.

How about not so much "controlling" but pushy?

Like my grandparents were all "stay away from girls; they're no good" all through high school, but the minute I step into college it's like "so when are you getting married?" I know they're just being them, and I don't take it seriously at all; it's just annoying especially when you take someone home and after maybe 2 months of dating they try to ask her where she wants to move when she marries me and if she would like to have some plants for the house they have in the back kindof scares them off...

Yes, I do. Which sucks. And I can't move out and support myself as it costs too much. With studying (Especially doing I.B) i'd liek to devote as much time as I can and in order to pay all the bilsl in order for one to fully support themselves I have to work more than just weekends. So I guess I'm stuck.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Everyone thinks their parents are controlling at your age. The point is, though while your under their roof you do have to abide by their rules, and their rules are set to make sure you do the things that are best for you like cncentrate on school or whatever. They don't just decide you can't do things because they don't want to be happy, there are good reasons for the rules your parents put forth.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Yeah I am 24 and have a very controlling and strict mom. School expenses and living on my own is too much right now so I must put up with her.
    Everytime my sis and I go and hang out with new guy friends, my mother has to meet them and interview them. Ask for identification, career and education status, phone number, or sometimes their car tag numbers. Most guys don't mind, but some do. I just think of it if the guy really likes me, he'll take me as a I am and I just happen to still be living under my mom's roof and have a mother who just really care about the people her daughter associates with.

i have a controllin mother its sucks. i wish i could move out but with school right now i cant. My mom isnt too happy with who i am datin i know that i been with my bf for almost 3 and a half years and i just wish she would easy up on me. and let me do my own thing and if i want to go away with him i really wish i could. i wish she would just back off and give me my freedom. help guys

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sami, according to your previous threads, your boyfriend has a history of being controlling and basically a jerk. Why SHOULD your mother like him and make things easier for you? You have made several posts about how your friends don't like him, either.

If you don't like that your mother cares about you and wants something more for you, I suggest you let your boyfriend support you.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Couldnt have said it any better. People who actually love you are not only there for you in dire times, but have a damned opinion about it and provide a form of constructive criticism amonst other things that should at least be heard and valued.

Take that as a blessing.