+ Follow This Topic

Thread: On Vacation with ex

On Vacation with ex

Hi,

Just got a Question to all females out there!

A girl broke up 3 month's ago with her boyfriend. Actually he made the call about splitting up. She took if pretty hard, but she's fine now!
    A week before they broke up , they both payed for a vacation.

I've been dating her for about a month now. Nothing happend, since I knew she still had to go on vacation with him!
    Now! She wants to go on vacation with him ... a week!
    Why? I really don't understand.
    She goes as friends she says!

But still why? U could cancel that vacation easily... but still she chooses to go.
    I'm not saying she can't go, just wierd to understand that she wants to go on vacation with a guy that stood her up 4 times alrdy. Now she has enough from it & never gets back together with him, but yet she GOES?!!??!!?

Any reasonable story for this ?
    Last edited by blauw; 09-09-06 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Adding

I don't think I would go away with an ex, especially not if I was dating someone else. Unless, I was very good friends with this person for a long time before we even started dating and if our friendship had still been continued.
    It's weird if you ask me. I don't know what advice to give you.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree; it's weird. Is she always so weird?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

nope
    She wanted to do this, so she can close this chapter in her life ...

But why not do it now & forget about the vacation ...

Sorry- there's no reasonable explanation for this, and that's coming from someone who went to Disneyworld with her ex-husband last spring. IMO, she's too young to handle that situation without things getting out of control. (Assumption- because you're like, 20, right Blauw? She can't be that much older than you.)

I think it's trouble.

Both 21 actually.

Guess i'll see on saturday how it went ... and hope she's honest on what happend or did not happen ...

Isn't it possible for 2 people to go on vacation as friends after a relationship from 4 years?

Sure, but it's also possible it will lead to other things.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

Yes, that is a feasible possibility, however, I cannot help but think that somewhere inside her she wants to give it a "chance", to see if the sparks and memories of before could resurrect the flames of love.

You should always be suspicous about these activities. But, you should never be condemning as even if she did give into temptation she will most probably deny it. Goodluck.

Borealis
    Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant.

I am suspicous about this vacation ...
    But since i'm just dating her & nothing more happend (no kiss or anything ) , i'm thinking i didn't have the right asking her to cancel it.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Nope, you don't. You should be asking yourself if this behavior is acceptable to you.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?