+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He isn't calling

He isn't calling

Okay, this guy I have been "seeing" for about two weeks hasnt called me in the past 3 days (AND today - so far). I can't get ahold of him because he doesn't have a phone so I have no choice but to sit around and wait for him to call. Now, maybe I am completely overreacting but I don't think he is no longer interested because of the following:

1) Even though I am leaving to go to back to Uni in two weeks, he talked about me helping him with some work over christmas.

2) When I last saw him, he said he would give me the 10 euros he owes me back on Thursday (when we thought we might be able to see each other) and he REALLY isn't the type to leave a debt unpaid.

3) He works a lot and has to use phone booths to call me. Which is inconvenient. Not to mention the fact that he is probably moving houses at the moment and that can be an issue.

However, he still HASN'T CALLED. I have a feeling he will eventually but even then I am not sure how to deal with him. I mean, I don't want to sound like a complete twat - but I am upset that he hasn't tried to contact me. It isn't him really, more like the rejection that hurts. Self-centred, I suppose - but true nonetheless.

So at the moment I am pissed at him and myself for being pissed at him so nothing is going very well at all. My question is - should I just keep waiting for him to call or should I try to take some initiative and leave a message at his work? Hmm.

Welcome to my world! I think what it comes down to is that he would find a way to call if he really wanted to. I don't like saying it, and you probably don't like hearing it, but it's the truth.

However, he hasn't yet broken the Four Day Rule, which is something a lot of females invoke, though a LOT of guys on this forum don't agree with it. Are you hearing me, boys? FOUR DAYS.

Three days is uncomfortable. Four days is really bad news. Let us know if he calls by tomorrow.

Leave a message and you don't ever have to say you didn't try. Stop consuming yourself over this as it's only a silly boy if he says one thing and does something completely opposite. But, now you are being a silly girl by caring too indepth, and too often in our lives when we starts to obsess about something, the more we lose ourself and that objective we want to reach.

Borealis
    Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He doesn't have a telephone? WTF? Sorry, but I can't imagine being so emotionally invested in someone who doesn't even have it together enough to have a telephone. And he has already borrowed money? Anyway, you have only just started seeing him, and frankly, I think this sounds like a lot of work.

BTW - I am a "three day rule" girl. Four days might be acceptable with a very good excuse.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    However, he hasn't yet broken the Four Day Rule, which is something a lot of females invoke, though a LOT of guys on this forum don't agree with it. Are you hearing me, boys? FOUR DAYS.
    Rubbish! Poppycock!

If he wanted to call bad enough he would.

Even if he had to use a phone booth.

These idiot mind games sicken me...

Well, I still haven't spoken with him but I have gotten over all the anger. Have safely moved back into the "well, whatever" territory. Although I told the woman who introduced us and she said she would go tell him to get me on the phone and then "kick his ass." Truth is, I just think he is being ignorant and doesn't really get that when you say Thursday you mean THURSDAY.

Either way, I am leaving in about 2 weeks - so its not really as much of an emotional investment so much as plain rude. If it were someone with a bloody phone I would just call, confront and leave them suitably chastised. But when you can't do just that you really want to hit something.

Thing is, I am not one of those clingy types - but even if we were just friends I would be pissed.

And guys - FOUR DAYS. At least text or something. Do women really have to do all the work??

dump him.
    ________

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahmay View Post
    And guys - FOUR DAYS. At least text or something. Do women really have to do all the work??
    Oh hush up, I could easily say the same about you guys.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    dump him.
    ________
    +1

He sounds like a loser.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Well, he called while I was in the middle of writing this. Hasn't changed much though. I told him that he is impossible to get a hold of and that was followed up by "I was with my mother and you know how she is" and "have been really really busy" and "you can call me at the bar anytime - no really, anytime" Whatever. I will make him grovel tomorrow.

He isn't a loser. He is just kind of... lost. In a way I feel somewhat guilty around him because while I find him stupidly attractive and smart - I wouldn't go out with him for any long-term period of time unless he got himself sorted out. He is almost like some kind of project I am working on - because he is never going to go anywhere if he stays in his tiny little village where his fanatical and rich mother is throwing him from place to place. I just want to pick him up and put him somewhere else - where he might manage to do something with his life. So in a way, I just want to get through the next two weeks and leave him with a very positive outlook on the "outside world." He might even end up joining it.

I should shut up before you end up telling him to dump me - because I totally get the whole "don't go around changing a guy" thing. So... yeah.

Oh, and I stick by the four days thing. Think about it guys - any more than that and your girlfriend will end up sharing all those gritty personal details on the web with a bunch of strangers like, well, me. Or worse - she'll tell her mum.
    Last edited by sarahmay; 11-09-06 at 02:28 AM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh, and I stick by the four days thing. Think about it guys - any more than that and your girlfriend will end up sharing all those gritty personal details on the web with a bunch of strangers like, well, me. Or worse - she'll tell her mum.
    We were refering to your insinuation that women do all the work.

Un.

True.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    We were refering to your insinuation that women do all the work.

Un.

True.
    Granted, it all depends on the situation.

But it sure does feel that way sometimes.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Granted, it all depends on the situation.

But it sure does feel that way sometimes.
    I'm appeased.