+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting a girls number...

Getting a girls number...

hello, well ive split up with my gf tht i been wit for 4 months and ive just joined the gym to meet new people and to try get over her, so i was thinking if there was a girl that i liked come to the gym what could i say or do to get talking to her, next week there is a school that goes there in the afternoon so id like to sorta like prepare for that if there is sum1 i do like, id just like to know how i can get there attention and how to start a conversation with her and then move on to gettin her number,

i was thinkin i no what i could say to get the number mayb sumin like cud i have your number please and mayb we cud arrange to meet up or sumin agen, but i dont no how to start a conversation with her like maybe sumin along the lines of 'do you need any help with that ' like if there doing sumin or what i duno, im pretty shy when it comes to this and i jus wana no what i could say if sumin like this pops up, thanks if sum1 cud help

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    First off, the way to get over someone is NOT to immediately date someone else. That's not fair to you, or the girl you're going to date.

Secondly, if you do happen to see a girl you might want to talk to...do just that, go up and talk to her. Read the signals...if she's trying to go back to her friends, or trying to get away, then she's not a good candidate.

If she's really into talking to you, and seems interested, THEN you ask for her number--and then, it's just a natural progression.

Sounds like you're doing better....

Exchange a couple of smiles first, and then "help" her with some equipment, or possibly ask her to spot you if you can lift any amount of weight at all.

Talk to her about Vitamin Water.

Tell her it's nice to meet someone who doesn't smell like man-sweat. You'll think of something.

yea i no its not really how i put it, i mean like i dnt like being single as i feel alone and just feel much better about myself really, and like the attention, yea thats sumin good to say the bit about mens sweat, but i mean the first words when i go over to her and then the sorta words id say to get her number?

Sarcasm is your best friend here.

People go to the gym to work out, and chances are.. that if you like some girl at the gym.... she's not there to meet other people.. (like you)..

We can't tell you to memorize an entire conversation, and repeat that to her, only because you're not paying me to.. but.. we can tell you this.. which is really the most important part..

How to start a conversation..

i. Look over to her and say, "2 more minutes and i'll finally burn off that tick-tack I had for lunch.. What about you?"

You can't possibly fail! It's not like you're going to take your C.P.A. exam.

Relax! You're only telling a joke, and getting the conversation started. The most she can do (least she can do), is to just laugh and not respond to you.

Now, where others may see this as her telling you to (fcuk off), I see this as her testing you to see (how badly does this guy really want me?)

So, if she's trying to pull the (ignore card) on you, you can say something like..

ii. "(Laugh), Wow!, someone looks guilty, what on earth did YOU eat? Really big tick-tack huh?"

The conversation is due for some smooth sailing.. there are some minor exceptions to this however. You will fail if the following takes place..

i. She has just underwent intensive psychotherapy for being anorexic.
    ii. Her boyfriend shows up.
    iii. Her lesbian lover shows up.
    iv. It's not her lesbian lover, and you were flirting with a guy this whole time.

If nothing of that sort happens.. You still want her number.. (choice is yours)..

i. If she's really hot, guys ask her for her number all the time, she's used to the drill, give out some random digits, and never plan of talking to you ever again..

(the plan) - Don't ask for her number. Check the time on your cell phone, and tell her that it was nice chatting, and that you'll see her around next time she has an other huge tick-tack.. Watch as you start to get your stuff together to leave, and she quickly asks you for your number (to meet up sometime, go running, and other ways that women usually ask guys out)..

ii. She's cute, but still can't cause a traffic accident for her own life.. She's met some cute guys herself, but is still flattered when a guy asks her for her number.

(the plan) - Don't be an @ss. You can still be cool without the bad-@ss act. "Well, if you're not doing anything this weekend, I know a great place we can grab something to eat, finish it off with an other huge tick-tack, and burn it off at (name an other place you want to take her to)". Then, "Here's my number".

I know what you're thinking. (I didn't even get her number!)

Yeah, that tends to bother alot of guys. But here is a simple rule in business. If you give someone the chance to tell you NO!, Then you are setting yourself up to hear... you guessed it.. NO!

You told her to give you a call, and that "here's my number". It's implicit that you're asking her out. It's flattering, she can give you her number on the spot, but if she doesn't, she WILL call you back, even if it's to say that she won't be able to make it. There's really no direct pressure, but the little indirect pressure works in your favor on this one, and there's still something sexy about it.

If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

King Zarathu Guest
    We need to find your average word count per post, Scorp (excluding that French asshole at the bottom of each one).

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't tell her you are trying to burn off a tic tac you had for lunch. Women like men who eat. We like to live vicariously.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Yo! I think that's pure genius! Vashti, I think the ticktac thing was ment to be an obvious joke. By the way, just a pet peeve of mine. It's spelled "ticktac", not "tick-tack". It's not a tack!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wow, Scorp, that was fantastic.

And Vash, ACTUALLY, it's tic-tac.

[url]http://www.tictacusa.com/[/url]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Nope. It is spelled "tic tac" (no hyphen), just as I wrote it.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Nope. It is spelled "tic tac" (no hyphen), just as I wrote it.
    BAH!

I'm not talking to you now.

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post

(the plan) - Don't ask for her number.
    You are sooooo damned slick, grk, but here's the thing: I would NEVER go for this. If some guy handed me his number, no matter how cocky / funny he was, I would either crumple it up and throw it away in the changing room or I would immediately hand him MY number and say, "Oh, no. YOU call ME."

Girls? What do you think? Would this work for you?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would NEVER call a man first. I guess I am more traditional, and I consider that to be HIS job.

Anyway... I suppose he's hitting on someone (younger), than yourself ladies. When endorphins are running, and jokes are flying around.. There's nothing a good-old talk can't do to those hearts of steal...

Please, i've had girls call me back. The same ones that said they would never call a guy back in a million years.

Me: "Here's my cell, i'm free on sundays."
    Her: "Ha!, It seems like it's going to stay that way. See you around."
    (1 Day Later)
    Her: "Hello?"
    Me: "Hello?"
    Her: "Umm, is this Angelo?"

Plus, you are both forgetting one important detail. You may not be able to relate to this well, because I said that in case the girl was HOT!!! That means she has guys comming up at her using cheap routines to get into her pants, and asking if they can call her sometime. She knows these pleas of deperate men all too well, and is looking for an Alpha-Male, someone that stands out, someone that tell her "I'm not desperate"... but more importantly.. "I'm not going to call you, but here's my number if you're tired of feeling lonely and being up-tight"

By the way... No offence..

Last edited by GrkScorp; 23-09-06 at 02:44 PM.
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I would NEVER call a man first. I guess I am more traditional, and I consider that to be HIS job.
    Yeah, and you have your job.

::points at the pool::

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast