+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting a girls number...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    Dude, seriously, have some respect. She just told you that her daughter has epilepcy.

In which case. You should seriously talk to a doctor about (Lamictal).

- Unlike other medications for epilepcy, Lamictal is the only one of its kind that does not inhibit learning ability (analytical/logic). Less than 2% have reported cases where they have been unable to preform the same in math, or suffer from mild memory loss.

- Lamictal is taken twice, daily.

- Talk to your family doctor, or go visit a Neurologist for a better opinion.

Thanks for your suggestion, but she is on Depakote and doing fairly well. I hate to change meds on her because a lot of medications are known to cause significant weight gain, which is devastating for girls. Also, she is quite intelligent, so I am not worried about her learning ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekips View Post
    I think for an unmarried person I know alot about things >; (
    All unmarried people think that.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Oh, I dunno, maybe since all people think it, it MIGHT just be true? Maybe... then again, it could be like Christianity in the mideval times...

"Only the Dead have seen the end of War."
    - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Thanks for your suggestion, but she is on Depakote and doing fairly well. I hate to change meds on her because a lot of medications are known to cause significant weight gain, which is devastating for girls. Also, she is quite intelligent, so I am not worried about her learning ability.

All unmarried people think that.
    Actually, Depakote has a significant % of it's patients showing over 20% weight gain, and, to add to that, reproductive problems in women.

Like I said Vash, Talk to your doctor about it. My friend was on Depakote, (she had a tumor removed from her left lobe). But now she is on Lamictal, and is doing much better:

School, Socially, & Confidence in herself and how happy she is.

If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

O.K. We're all getting off topic. Let's stick back to getting a girl's number at the gym.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, the reproductive problems are a future concern since you can't take medication while pregnant. Also, she is slightly lower-energy than I would ideally like to see (hence, the reason I am around so much). Still, if you ever see your baby having a seizure, you will understand why it is so scary to think of changing her meds.

I'll mention the Lamictal to her neurologist on her next visit.

Had your friend ever been on other meds?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Right, tell her you have some time off and wanna maybe be training partners during whatever times you don't usually go there?

Benefits:

A) You get her number
    B) You lose weight
    C) You listen to me and god favors you for your wisdom (Just kidding, he'll damn you for listening to an Athiest)

It's a win win. Get the girl and give the celestial order the one fingered salute.
    Last edited by Ekips; 24-09-06 at 10:34 AM.

"Only the Dead have seen the end of War."
    - Plato

Had your friend ever been on other meds?
    No. Only Depakote for a little over 5 years. Then, she went off Depakote for 1-2 years, because she started college and didn't want to do poorly due to her medication. Then she started working for Mount Sinai School of Medicine (MSSM). She was shadowing this neurologist there who refered her case to the head of the Neurology Department in Mount Sinai Hospital. (Dr. Goldman). The doctor she was shadowing, (Dr. Tagliati).

- Her project was focusing on patients with Parkinson's, and comparing data from post-Depo-Parcopa and that of patients undergoing a new type of therapy called (DBS) "Deep Brain Stimulation".

Anyway. She swiched her meds, and started on Lamictal. She is doing alot better in school, is much more social and is more lively. But the most important thing is that she has gained a huge amount of confidence in herself and her abilities, and that has caused her to feel alot more happy.

As for her episodes, in the 5 years that she was taking Depakote, she had repeating episodes of epileptic shock, and seizures (though, not as often as before). With Lamictal, there has been not one single recurring episode!

Last edited by GrkScorp; 24-09-06 at 10:55 AM. Reason: tense revision

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Thanks for the info, grkscorp. I will be sure to mention it to her doctor.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekips View Post
    Oh, I dunno, maybe since all people think it, it MIGHT just be true? Maybe... then again, it could be like Christianity in the mideval times...
    When you say something intelligent like that and vashti doesn't answer you, it means you proved a good point and she's just too insecure to admit she's wrong.

Unless she doesn't answer you because she wanted to know something important about helping her child's medical condition.

I have a daughter with a medical condition (epilpsy) which requires me to be near a phone in case of emergency. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

Damn, haven't you guys ever heard of leaving a message? Why should I be at anyones beck and call 24/7? Why would anyone *want* to be?

Cell phones are nothing more than an electronic leash. No thanks.
    One reason why I do not have a cell phone. I know for a guy in his early 20's not to have a cell phone is a odd thing.

On this topic, here's a question: if you asked a girl out, say for coffee, and got her email/phone number, what are the odds you'll actually call her?

I ask because someone asked me out the other day (Friday) and I gave him my email (I have no phone) but I haven't heard from him.

Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm View Post
    On this topic, here's a question: if you asked a girl out, say for coffee, and got her email/phone number, what are the odds you'll actually call her?

I ask because someone asked me out the other day (Friday) and I gave him my email (I have no phone) but I haven't heard from him.
    E-mail and a phone number are not the same thing they are totally different things. If a girl gave me her phone number I will most probably call her. With an e-mail address I may send her an e-mail, but it is not likely tho. Becuase to me e-mails are not personal and you can loose track of them and you have to wait for a respone and I find that unless its a highly important one, I will more than likely forget about it and not respone.

lovesjoyajm if you told me that you had no phone (which I would find odd unless you where moving or something like this), and gave me your e-mail address I will most likely send an e-mail to you. But if you where not moving or there was no reason for not having a phone, I would not e-mail you. Mean maybe, but I perfer phones a lot more than e-mail, especially when it comes to such things as this. And I don't like people that rely on communications that go thru the internet. Don't get me wrong I love the internet. but you can't be depented on it.

Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    E-mail and a phone number are not the same thing they are totally different things. If a girl gave me her phone number I will most probably call her. With an e-mail address I may send her an e-mail, but it is not likely tho. Becuase to me e-mails are not personal and you can loose track of them and you have to wait for a respone and I find that unless its a highly important one, I will more than likely forget about it and not respone.

lovesjoyajm if you told me that you had no phone (which I would find odd unless you where moving or something like this), and gave me your e-mail address I will most likely send an e-mail to you. But if you where not moving or there was no reason for not having a phone, I would not e-mail you. Mean maybe, but I perfer phones a lot more than e-mail, especially when it comes to such things as this. And I don't like people that rely on communications that go thru the internet. Don't get me wrong I love the internet. but you can't be depented on it.
    I agree - I hate relying on email and when it comes to dating, I REALLY hate it. The reason I don't have a phone is because I'm in a foreign city for a month, and once I move on to another city (this weekend) I will get a phone at my permanent residence. I didn't explain that very well, but I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm View Post
    I agree - I hate relying on email and when it comes to dating, I REALLY hate it. The reason I don't have a phone is because I'm in a foreign city for a month, and once I move on to another city (this weekend) I will get a phone at my permanent residence. I didn't explain that very well, but I tried.
    That is a legit reason in my eyes. And if I was the guy that asked you out I would send you an e-mail.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123