+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Serial Flirt

Serial Flirt

So i met this girl a couple weeks ago...I thought we hit it off. I mean she was always wanting to be with me and she was always flirting with me like severly I mean i know im a guy but even i could pick them out she was doing like everything in the book... elongated eye contact, Always really close and touching me as she talked, Always initiating the conversation, playing with her hair while looking at me always complimenting me... I mean she was tasking sever interest in me... So one day i decied i was going to ask her out so i went up to her one day as she was in a group of "friends" but i noticed she was really close with this other guy prcatically on him... so later privately i asked her if she was dating him she said no.....i still thought it was weird. so then i started watching as she interacted with other guys and i realized she does the exact same thing with them as she does with me... She even flirts with my friends and even my they pick up on it that shes flirting with them... all the things i listed above she does with every guy i see her with...... SO i called her out on it one day and asked what was up and she said she doesnt like any of them shes just being "Friendly".... so i called her a whore and she got pretty mad

so my question is she just naturally Flirtacious or do all women like to get guys hopes up then say "Ahh i was Just ****ing with you"

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think sometimes you guys overthink the whole flirting thing. Flirting is just a way to help make people feel good about themselves, which in turn, makes you feel good about yourself. Speaking as someone who - by your definition - flirts with loads of people, inlcuding my husband, my friends, my siblings, fellow posters (male and female), the clerk at the grocery store, the people who make coffee at Starbucks, whoever, some people DO "flirt" to just be friendly and have fun, and don't necessarily ever expect it to go beyond that.

On the other hand, if you are one of those guys who can't stand seeing the girl you like be friendly with anyone else, you should limit yourself to only dating girls who are more on the shy side. There are PLENTY of those kind of girls, too. There is nothing wrong with admitting that you just can't handle anything more demonstrative.

Unless she was touching you in a *sexual* way, I think you should apologize for calling her a whore, not that she would accept it. You aren't her boyfriend, and had no right to expect her attention to be solely on you.

That is my opinion.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Koro View Post
    so my question is she just naturally Flirtacious or do all women like to get guys hopes up then say "Ahh i was Just ****ing with you"
    I would more lean to being naturally flirtacious than the other. Becuase girls are more likely to be like this than to just say that they where playing around. Heck I even meet a woman that was like this.

I meet this girl at a party that I went to and she lived close to a place I use to work at. When she showed up she was pretty much like the girl you talked about. I knew she had a boyfriend, and even meet the dude. I was thinking "what the hell?". So I ask a guy that knew her basically and he said that naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    You aren't her boyfriend, and had no right to expect her attention to be solely on you.

That is my opinion.

I see what your saying but i wasnt calling her a whore for not soley putting her attention to me i was calling her a whore because she Flirts with people without any intention of Furthering the relationship... calling her a whore was probably a little harsh though...

What she is doing just reminds me of a dave chapelle joke.... of him dressing up as a police officer then when people come to him for help he says "just because i dress this way it doesnt make me a policeman"

She isnt a whore, more like a pimp. I know heaps of guys that flirt with practically anyone and everyone, they're just being 'nice'... But i agree; these people are really annoying and get your hopes up.

that analogy was spot on. maybe whore was a bit harsh, but there's a difference between casual flirting and really laying it on, and it sounds like she was doing the latter. if that's the case then all she's doing is ****ing with peoples heads and you were right to call her out on it, though again, whore may have been too harsh.
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    "elongated eye contact, Always really close and touching me as she talked, Always initiating the conversation, playing with her hair while looking at me always complimenting me..."

That's "really laying it on"? I disagree. I think this is friendly behavior. With the exception of playing with hair (which is I think more common with teenagers) I do all these behaviors with women AND men.

EDIT: of course, I can see how these behaviors may be interpreted as flirting, but I don't see how it could be considered "really laying it on" unless she was touching you in inappropriate places or rubbing herself up against you.
    Last edited by vashti; 25-09-06 at 10:24 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

normally you'd be right, those wouldn't be strong flirting behaviors, but this guy seems smart and my guess is that he's a good enough judge that he wouldn't be mentioning those things unless she was being explicit with it. either that or he doesn't deal with casually flirty people often.
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

Do you know what a whore is? A whore is someone who has sex with other people for money or some other goods or services. A flirt is not a whore. If she was a whore she would have sucked your dick.

You owe her an apology YESTERDAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Do you know what a whore is? A whore is someone who has sex with other people for money or some other goods or services. A flirt is not a whore. If she was a whore she would have sucked your dick.

You owe her an apology YESTERDAY.

Yes but whore also means
    To compromise one's principles for personal gain.
    you can look it up

So it was not wrong of me to use the word in that situation
    i still feel i was a little harsh but it's to late for apologies

Yes but whore also means
    To compromise one's principles for personal gain.
    you can look it up

So it was not wrong of me to use the word in that situation
    i still feel i was a little harsh but it's to late for apologies
    Okay, I'll give you that. It may not have been wrong, but it was seriously ugly. What were you hoping would happen when you said it? How did others react?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    uhh... whose principles were being compromised, and who stood to personally gain? I don't think your definition applies.

It is never too late to apologize. I apologized to my sister over something I said about 12 years after it happened, and even after all those years, she was grateful to hear it, even though she had forgotten all about it by then.

I dont know what reaction i was going for but i was trying to show her that i was being serious and it wasnt cool what she was doing
    Well All my Guy friend's said i did the right thing but all my Friends that are girls said it was a bad choice.... so it was kind of split down the middle i guess.....

To vashti
    Her Principles (morals) were being comprimised in views of others by her personal enjoyment of flirting with every guy she met with no intetions of moving on....

the more i think about what you said about aplogizing the more it sounds right so i probably will apologize to her

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    To vashti
    Her Principles (morals) were being comprimised in views of others by her personal enjoyment of flirting with every guy she met with no intetions of moving on....
    This assumes she shares YOUR values and agrees that flirting is naughty, when in all liklihood, she doesn't.

the more i think about what you said about aplogizing the more it sounds right so i probably will apologize to her
    I think that is a good idea. You'll probably feel better about yourself afterwards, even though this is clearly not the right girl for you.

Good luck.

Koro - Should you have called her a whore? Maybe not, but when you apologize to her make it clear that your apologizing for what you said to her, not for the way you acted. Becuase unless she is flirtiaious by nature, which does not seem to be the case, she will keep on doing this as long as guys keep on giving into it. Tell your guy friends that when she does the flirting thing to them to blow this girl off and not pay attention nor give into what she is doing. If they do this this girl will get more aggressive and if any of the guys feel unconftable with her more aggressive actions tell them to report it to the correct people. Just becuase they are guys doesn't mean all advances from girls are welcome.

But once this girl see that her behaivor is not getting what she wants she will stop it around you and your guy friends. Most probbaly by then her girl friends have talked to her about it, if they haven't yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast