+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i need your advice - is he worth the effort?

i need your advice - is he worth the effort?

well, i had already typed out this enormous post, but then it deleted it somehow, so i suppose i'll just rewrite it. but more briefly. you'll thank me.

here's the prologue. i'm a young, but rather intelligent girl. my relationships are never as shallow as others my age, no offense, naturally. anyway, i met this amazing, good-looking, kind, courteous, genius, philosophical boy (named george) almost a year ago today. he's incredibly independent, very laidback, very stubborn due to his frankly superior logic (he's ridiculously smart, it'd sicken you), although he's never vain or haughty. he'd never had a girlfriend before me, and hasn't had one since. he never placed much importance on going out and finding a girl. so naturally, i pursued him.

we got together nearly 11 months ago. we dated for six months, which is a long time for me. and since he'd never had a girlfriend before me, well.. you know. anyway, neither of us was ready for a really serious relationship, but we found ourselves in one anyway. we had an amazing, nearly PERFECT relationship when things were good but alas.. would i be posting here if things were always good?

i acted with extreme immaturity. i took him for granted like hell (yeah, like boys like him come along every day, i'm sure), and was an emotional mess often. funny, all it took to knock some sense into me was us breaking up. we dated for six months, and then.. things broke.

ever since then, though, i have never ceased wanting him. i dated another guy, and that only strengthened my convictions of our extreme compatibility. after breaking up, we went out one or two times, and then i asked him to an impending semi-formal. he turned me down, strangely, i suppose he thought it would lead me on. after that, i pretty much stopped talking to him. that was almost 5 months ago.

i broke up with a boy nearly a week ago, though, and after that i had a rather liberating dream of george. we were together and it was very casual. he was so courteous, so good to me, just like he always was. that next morning, i call him and we talked for two hours til he had to go eat.

a week later, that being today, we went out. we went bowling (strange, i know, but it's something we used to do when we were together.. casual, easy, etc.), but never really said much whilst playing. after we walked outside though, we began talking. we started talking non-stop about everything imaginable. things were great. and then.. he says "you know IT will never again. the exclusive us." i expected him to say something like that, due to his extreme stubbornness and his keeping away from sorts of relationships. i sort of shrugged it off, i was happy enough just being there with him, although i must admit it upset me. after that, he started touching me rather playfully, and i thought once he was even going to kiss me. i accidentally (i swear!) locked my keys in my car, and he offered to take me home to get another set even though he was already late.. i accepted, naturally.

now, my question is.. should i really take what he said to heart? he's very different, you must keep that in mind..
    should that discourage me? i feel he's worth the risk and the effort. what should i do? ANY advice at all would be so desperately appreciated.

very much love,
    melewen12 12
    Last edited by melewen; 12-01-04 at 08:50 AM.

well... i got some questions u probably answered but i just want u running this in your head?
    What Do you look in the future for George? just a boyfriend? or Marriage?
    Do you think he's worth your time to try again?
    Do you think in the last iono weeks or months has GEORGE changed his personality maybe?
    thats just things i hope u're thinking on... but one must understand that its kinda weird when u go out with someone and then come back again just as friends what not... it seems GEORGE is a cool guy from what u described him as...but i'm sure u'll know how his long-range relationship... and what happens when "things break" again? well i hope for the best of u and george...keep us updated...
    1986 KevMySt3r
    Modifications:
    A&F Jacket
    A&F Pants
    Hollister Sandals
    Fossil Watch
    Gucci SunGlass
    and to top it off
    LV Wallet
    all this equals= HOT