+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: help with girl/friend

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Okay, just make sure she didn't see the movie Just Friends and think you've worked up a version of "When Jamie Smiles".

I'm kidding. But kind of not.

And, yeah, I think you should spill it- tell her what you're thinking about with her. She's given you plenty of signs.
    Oh dear God.

I actually saw that movie with my best friend. She said that if I ever was going to profess my undying love to her, that I'd HAVE to sing that song.

Okay, just make sure she didn't see the movie Just Friends and think you've worked up a version of "When Jamie Smiles".

I'm kidding. But kind of not.

And, yeah, I think you should spill it- tell her what you're thinking about with her. She's given you plenty of signs.

Yea, I think all the signs are there I think Ill talk to her about it this weekend when she comes home.

Whats that movie about? I havent seen it, when jamie smiles?

Quote Originally Posted by intrepido View Post
    Yea, I think all the signs are there I think Ill talk to her about it this weekend when she comes home.

Whats that movie about? I havent seen it, when jamie smiles?
    Maybe you two should rent it together. It's a cheesy movie about a guy that was in love with his best friend in high school but wasn't very attractive. Ten years later, he's Ryan Reynolds (allegedly attractive- meh) and he ends up back home and wacky hijinks ensue.

When Jamie Smiles is the song another guy writes for the girl to try to get in her pants.

It's not a great film or anything. It's like a bag of Cheetos, actually, but it's funny.

Maybe you two should rent it together. It's a cheesy movie about a guy that was in love with his best friend in high school but wasn't very attractive. Ten years later, he's Ryan Reynolds (allegedly attractive- meh) and he ends up back home and wacky hijinks ensue.

When Jamie Smiles is the song another guy writes for the girl to try to get in her pants.

It's not a great film or anything. It's like a bag of Cheetos, actually, but it's funny.
    Oh I see. You think I should clarify that the song I wrote for her was entirely different reasons than "getting in her pants. I think Ive written why I wrote the song on here...when I wrote it I knew she might take it like I have some silly crush on her and either think its cute or be uncomfortable. I really just wrote it because I hoped that we would stay in touch and that shed be in my life because having her in my life in any way shape or form is a great thing. Ive never been in this situation before and thing is cynical people will say that its cuz I want her or no one could just want to have someone in their life without wanting something 'else' from them blah blah blah, ya know? but thats really the truth and I think she knows that by now. Shes at college now, she said one time that she was out grocery shopping and that she was upset cuz she forgot to buy herself flowers so she was gonna have to go back out so I said "theres no guys buyin u flowers? guys should be buying YOU flowers" and she laughed and said that the guys at her school are all silly and she would die laughing if some guy at her school bought her flowers. It seems to me that she doesnt really want to be in a relationship with anyone at school at least, and Ive been in a long distance relationship before which didnt work but the girl wanted to have an open one, which I wasnt for at first since we were together for so long but now I wouldnt be opposed to it. Im def thinking too much about this but I really like talkin about her haha and theres no one to do that with without them thinkin im nuts.

That song was about how she was the most amazing person really, that Id met in a long time if ever, we were so alike in the deepest of ways that not everyone would even notice on the surface. Being thats who she was Id be her friend anyday, I am her friend. I think someday we'll just get so close that things will happen between us but thats not what this is about ya kno? If she finds someone she loves Id be so happy for her as long as shes happy cuz she deserves it. But for the time being, Im not even sure if I should tell her what the song was about. Im definitely not going to just bring it up outta nowhere to talk about but I may mention it if something comes up that could be an easy segway

Anyway, Ill see her in a few days! thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    You type so much.
    Lazy ass. Are you drunk already?

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    You type so much.
    I know, I figure I need to to get my point across in a satisfactory way. I did feel that by typing so much each time people would become discouraged from reading and responding to my posts but we here at loveforum.net have dilligent love gurus like giga, derm, vashti and the list goes on, who give their all to see love through to its beautiful fruition. And for them I am thankful

Back to the problem at hand...

This girl has told me so many times how much her mother likes me and we only briefly met for a half a minute. Ive had mothers like me before so I didnt think that much of it but I just think about this girl all the time and the fact that she probably feels the same way about me but we cant be together because it may mess up a real good thing or we should just wait for the perfect time and it will be amazing then. I asked her why her mother likes me and she said its cuz im tall dark and handsome and funny. Now, one of the things I love about her is that shes straightfoward, as am I, at the risk of sounding hypocritical or painting her as that also while we dance around our true feelings for each other.

Could this and all the other hints shes given me be just that? hints that she actually does want for us to be together? I mean, there was that whole kiss initiation in the movie theater, if u remember where I decided to tilt her head down and kiss her on the forehead instead. We havent talked about that but I dont want her to think the wrong thing.

I remember one time she said that everything shes gotten in her life has been because of her butt, meaning that she has a nice figure and guys have taken advantage of her or are extra nice to her. Now, her butt is nice, ya kno its fine but it really is the last thing I notice about her, there are much nicer butts out there as well. As much as I want to be intimate with her at the same time its like I dont want to or dont care at all because Id almost rather just sit next to her on a couch or talk to her and make her laugh. I dont want her to ever think that Im more interested in her sex then her as an amazing person but at the same time I feel that I may be pushing her away from me by not doing something about it if she is indeed interested right now in a physical relationship as well. The forehead kiss was how I really felt at the time but now I think I may have effectively pushed her away sorta.

I think what I really want to do is take her out dancing one night. I dont really dance much, but I know she loves to and I would love to dance with her. Anyway...

I mean, there was that whole kiss initiation in the movie theater, if u remember where I decided to tilt her head down and kiss her on the forehead instead. We havent talked about that but I dont want her to think the wrong thing.

The forehead kiss was how I really felt at the time but now I think I may have effectively pushed her away sorta.

Okay, my girlfriends and I call this "the dreaded third-eye kiss". I've never had it, but I dread it nonetheless. it says, "You're my sister." loud & clear.

Sooo... when you take her dancing, are you going to give her the "You are NOT my sister" kiss? Hmmmm?

Okay, my girlfriends and I call this "the dreaded third-eye kiss". I've never had it, but I dread it nonetheless. it says, "You're my sister." loud & clear.

Sooo... when you take her dancing, are you going to give her the "You are NOT my sister" kiss? Hmmmm?
    Haha, o boy, I dont know....

I think I should. I def think too much about things, try to make sure the right things are done etc. and all it effectively does is waste my mental energy and get me nowhere. Thats not the idea, I do the things I do cuz its what I believe to be right but I wind up not taking care of myself and thats no good either. I look at it like, if I dont do it who will? I know that makes me sound nuts but its how I feel usually.

After this winter chances are that I wont really see her for a long time as Ill be going back to school up in Boston starting in the summer, the next time shes home and wont be around til the fall of the following year, when she will be starting her senior year, and after she and I graduate from this round of schooling who knows where we'll wind up. I dont want her to not be able to trust me, like I said, and think that Im only after that one thing but I think she does trust me and wants something to happen between us also.

I thought it was a good thing, the third eye kiss... I get the feeling that she is sick of guys takin advantage and being assholes so I dont want her thinkin that about me, but meanwhile I bet she wanted me because she already knows Im not an asshole and shes said herself that "theres not many men out there like me" calling me a man at 23 when shes 19, still sounds weird as she talks about guys as boys, whenever Ive heard her. I mean, maybe this really is what I should be doing at this very time or soon.

..........or you could just think it through 97 more times. Jeeze Louise.

..........or you could just think it through 97 more times. Jeeze Louise.
    ahhhhhh! ur are a funny cat, i like u....

YEA, if I didnt think she was the most amazing person in the world I wouldnt be having such a problem, but Im actually starting to feel less nervous about the whole thing, and less like I might screw the whole thing up, what with looking objectively at the situation and all the things that have happened.

Thanks giga

ahhhhhh! ur are a funny cat, i like u....

YEA, if I didnt think she was the most amazing person in the world I wouldnt be having such a problem, but Im actually starting to feel less nervous about the whole thing, and less like I might screw the whole thing up, what with looking objectively at the situation and all the things that have happened.

Thanks giga

You're fooling yourself if you think that's possible. You are cautious to a fault.

You're fooling yourself if you think that's possible. You are cautious to a fault.
    Well, I figure that I can kiss her without a problem, and whatever happens happens. Basically I think I just want to kiss her without saying anything and then she'll either say nothing and smile or something or she'll say this isnt a good idea which I would be given the perfect opportunity to really tell her how I feel about her.

Well, I figure that I can kiss her without a problem, and whatever happens happens. Basically I think I just want to kiss her without saying anything and then she'll either say nothing and smile or something or she'll say this isnt a good idea which I would be given the perfect opportunity to really tell her how I feel about her.
    what do u think i should do love doctor? as u can see im lovesick, i need a prescription in the form of advice

Sit down and put your arm around her. If she leans in to you- kiss her. If she pulls away, don't. Simple.

Then play "When Jamie Smiles" for her.

j/k

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast