+ Follow This Topic
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: help with girl/friend

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy View Post
    It didn't seem like you were moving forward so I thought it was time for some tough love.
    haha true...well i appreciate it then

But its just this story with this girl...im not pining over her, theres a handful of other ladies...its not like that with her. Id more like to understand her, see her through tougher times, and see her happy. Its as if she sees us together down the road, and I do too, or can at least, and we are seeding a romance.

And with this post its up to 9 pages...
    Last edited by intrepido; 09-03-07 at 10:53 AM.

Are you sure you don't just have a knight in shining armour complex? My mate has been out with a string of headcases because he likes to try and "take them away from all this". The last one drank half a bottle of toilet cleaner when he broke up with her.

Are you sure you don't just have a knight in shining armour complex? My mate has been out with a string of headcases because he likes to try and "take them away from all this". The last one drank half a bottle of toilet cleaner when he broke up with her.

Are you sayin ur friend did that? or the girl...I dont have a complex of my own volition anyway...i just hear those types of things all the time, not really knight in shining armour things but lots of nice things and compliments all the time from women, so maybe ive started to develop an inflated ego in my head. Every girlfriend ive had has talked about marriage and I dont know but maybe I fit that sort of stereotype.

This girls not all that crazy shes confused at best and seems to like to play games or isnt ready for anything right now. Weve become best of friends and have great times together so I cant complain.

What do u mean exactly by a knight in shining armour complex? I feel that everyone should be a sincere gentlemen to women. I dont want to make it sound like this girl is a derelict tramp that lives in a crack house, basically she and I are very good for each other but no one wants to make any sudden moves to risk losing one another, is what I feel.

Whoa! Gigabitch I am not. I've exhausted my advice giving for today.

But before I go, Knight in Shining Armour Complex: you are attracted to the idea of rescuing the girl not the girl herself. Doing all this stuff for this down and out girl fulfills some need in you. It might make you feel noble, moral, a "good person" especially if you feel like you are knocking back other offers - making such a "sacrifice"

"What a good guy I am" is a theme you have articulated in varying forms in post after post in this thread.

Also you seem to enjoy the drama and the constant analysis otherwise you wouldn't expend thousands of words on the topic. Anyway the point is you must be getting something out of this arrangement otherwise you wouldn't persist with it.

For example, I am sure my mate subconciously seeks out lame ducks because trying to rescue them makes him feel like a good person and in his mind makes him feel like he's making up for other areas in his life where he might not be acting so nobly. I also think he likes the drama of dating these headcases. Anway that's him, I'm not saying your complex has the same root causes (if you have it).
    Last edited by Charlie Boy; 09-03-07 at 11:33 AM.

the chick drank the toilet cleaner.

anachronistic Guest

But before I go, Knight in Shining Armour Complex: you are attracted to the idea of rescuing the girl not the girl herself. Doing all this stuff for this down and out girl fulfills some need in you. It might make you feel noble, moral, a "good person" especially if you feel like you are knocking back other offers.

"What a good guy I am" is a theme you have articulated in varying forms in post after post in this thread.

Also you seem to enjoy the drama and the constant analysis otherwise you wouldn't expend thousands of words on the topic.

Anyway the point is you must be getting something out of this arrangement otherwise you wouldn't persist with it.

For example, I am sure my mate subconciously seeks out lame ducks because trying to rescue them makes him feel like a good person and in his mind makes him feel like he's making up for other areas in his life where he might not be acting so nobly. I also think he likes the drama of dating these headcases. Anway that's him, I'm not saying your complex has the same root causes (if you have it).
    I went through the knight in shining armor phase with my last girlfriend. It's gone down a lot through all the shit she's put the ship through. Haha, relationshit.

So who gave me even more negative rep points on this thread? I've been nothing but a gentleman. I'm looking in your direction Lilly Wing.

What do they mean anyway? Do you get kicked off the site if you get too many red marks? I have managed to collect quite a few in my short stay here. Every one of them is like a bee sting on my soul.

anachronistic Guest
    So who gave me even more negative rep points on this thread? I've been nothing but a gentleman. I'm looking in your direction Lilly Wing.

What do they mean anyway? Do you get kicked off the site if you get too many red marks? I have managed to collect quite a few in my short stay here. Every one of them is like a bee sting on my soul.
    Negative reputation points don't really mean anything. This is because loveadmin posted the # of posts thing over it. So regardless, it really makes no difference. I'm not sure about getting kicked off the site for negative rep points... that's something you should ask loveadmin.

I think it's just a system of popularity.

But before I go, Knight in Shining Armour Complex: you are attracted to the idea of rescuing the girl not the girl herself. Doing all this stuff for this down and out girl fulfills some need in you. It might make you feel noble, moral, a "good person" especially if you feel like you are knocking back other offers - making such a "sacrifice"

Also you seem to enjoy the drama and the constant analysis otherwise you wouldn't expend thousands of words on the topic. Anyway the point is you must be getting something out of this arrangement otherwise you wouldn't persist with it.

Well, I started this post, first time Ive looked into any kind of group like this to talkabout things, because the girl is real great, not a bad girl at all, but shes almost 4 years younger than me and I didnt think it right to pursue her, but I couldnt help caring for her, I wrote her a song and then she left for school. I really didnt think about her hardly at all, it was nice, I thought. She was in the back of my head as a sweet girl that it wont work out with. But then she started to come around and became interested in me, as far as I could tell, but she didnt want to outright say anything so that made me wonder what was going on, and thats when I started posting on here to ask for advice.

If the theme of this thread has become me, this great guy, saving this poor girl from depravity, then thats only because Ive kept the thread alive way past its time. I thnk im a good guy, I dont need validation although I may have asked for it a few times here but only in typing rants. I felt as if it was wrong to discuss this with anyone, or on here at first but she had me thnkin about her a lot with the way things were goin so I caved. But Im actually goin to say goodbye to the loveforum because I dont think its really right to be talkin about her on here anymore. Thanks everyone for your advice and take care

I feel like I just borrowed one of Gigabitch's toys without asking and broke it...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789