+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She's not a morning person..

She's not a morning person..

Hey people - just looking for some advice from those of you who might be able to help. My girl is flat out not a morning person. We wake up together and pretty much the first thing she wants to do is just get up - breakfast, shower, walk - it doesn't matter (I'm sure it's not bad morning breath anyways!).

I've asked her about it - she says the reason why she likes to get up first thing is because if she mopes in bed it makes her tired for the rest of the day. Knowing a thing or two about life I know that tiredness is far more related to how you are rather than what you think (i.e. psychology vs physiology - but let's not go there).

Personally when this happens (when it's just get up when you wake up) it feels as if I've just borrowed someones bed for the night - there's no intimacy, no special moments (if only for a minute!) etc. It leaves me feeling very messed up - almost to the point that I have to appologise for taking up space in the bed when she could have used it for what ever she wants (well, like sleeping!). It takes a good half morning to sort my brain out - you go from the highest high (sleeping together, in more ways that one) to a pretty low low - and I dislike it a lot!

I wouldn't say that I am a massive morning person, but heck there's got to be some kind of appreciation for one another first thing right? I believe it's an excuse - she's not terribly experienced when it comes to such pillow talk, so maybe a little bit of encourangement would go a long way? We've shared breakfast in bed together on numerous occasions and that's been perfect - but she still believes she's not a morning person...

We've got a long weekend away from tomorrow so perhaps that's a good time to apply a little bit of advice that I receive here. Thanks in advance!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Actually, the fact that she wants to get up and get going would indicate to me that she IS a morning person, and the fact that it takes you half the morning to get going indicates you are NOT.

This is really a matter of personal preference. I like to get moving in the morning too. Can't you just respect the fact that she is different and quit trying to make it seem like there is something wrong with her? That will get old REALLY fast.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

your stressing over somehting really dumb dude. stop.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Actually, the fact that she wants to get up and get going would indicate to me that she IS a morning person, and the fact that it takes you half the morning to get going indicates you are NOT.

This is really a matter of personal preference. I like to get moving in the morning too. Can't you just respect the fact that she is different and quit trying to make it seem like there is something wrong with her? That will get old REALLY fast.
    I actually agree with you, scary huh.

Mac - Besides the flip flop of the morning person and non morning person, Out of all your complaing in your thread, the only thing I found reasonable was the intimacy part, and even then I think you are wanting to much there even. But you could always ask her to give you a hug or a good morning kiss when she wakes up. It ain't that hard to do you know. I high doubt she would complain about it, becuase its pretty easy thing to do and it gives you the feeling you want in the morning.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ... unless she is trying to AVOID intimacy in the morning. Maybe for Mac, a kiss or a hug must lead to sex, and if you are a person who likes to get moving, that is a problem.

Another possibility is that Mac's breath smells worse in the morning than he thinks, or she is self conscious about her own morning breath.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    ... unless she is trying to AVOID intimacy in the morning. Maybe for Mac, a kiss or a hug must lead to sex, and if you are a person who likes to get moving, that is a problem.

Another possibility is that Mac's breath smells worse in the morning than he thinks, or she is self conscious about her own morning breath.
    Or the girlfriend has a one track mind in the moring

Another one could be that she loves showers in the morning

Or.............

How the hell am I suppose to know what it is like when he wakes up? Any adivce you give here will be basically be general becuase most of the time we don't have the details and even then we don't know the people so we can't totallu tailor our advice for them.

I could be a coffee thing. I'm the freaking Antichrist until I've had some coffee.

Will she come back to bed after she gets up? Maybe that's the compromise.

my bf and i are this way. i am a total morning person. up and at 'em. early to bed early to rise...

if you're not prepared to deal with even this very small difference, you'll have a hard time with this relationship in the long term.