+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Overreaction?

Overreaction?

I believe this is just a case of worrying excessively, but I was looking for some outside advice. I had been planning to ask a friend of mine out for a while, and had never had the privacy between she and I to do it. Friday, I was busy after school until about 8 P.M. and decided to call her up. She and I went bowling until about ten. Upon my return, my mother practically bulldozed the enjoyment I brought from the night. She gave a pretty lengthy lecture on how rude it was to call a girl that 'late' and right before a date. The date in question seemed alright when I mentioned it to her, but my mother gave the impression that I was incredibly inconsiderate. Do you guys agree?

man no way, thats lame, as you get older youll start staying out later, and making plans at the last minute. dont worry mommy is just trying to teach you good

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I wouldn't consider anything arranged that last-minute to be a date. Your mom is partially right, in my opinion. It IS good manners to ask for a date in advance, however, I think it is fine for FRIENDS to make last minute plans this way.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Try it your mom's way if you're serious about the girl.

And get some earplugs. I'm sure your mother will find something else you did wrong next time.