+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trouble in Paradise

This thread is such a non-problem.

"Oh, my girlfriend says I can't have an H2 because that's the kind of car SHE's going to get when she graduates, so I'm wondering, should I get a Lexus or a Ferrari, because I don't want her to feel I'm competing, oh, no I DO want the H2 after all- is she being fair to me?"

lol i know wtf?

King Zarathu Guest
    HAH!

We went to the Lebanese place on Saturday, and the Muslims were fasting too. So, there was a buffet for when they finished. Everybody was standing around the buffet, looking at their watches for it to hit 7:30 to pig out.

My cousin and I push through, "Excuse me... Yes, excuse me please...." We walk through, take all the food we want, and sit at a nearby table and stuff our faces. Everybody in their robes was just sitting there watching us. The waitress came and asked, "Aren't you guys fasting?"

We said, "We enjoy our blasphemy! Oh, could you bring me some pita bread please?" It was amazing.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I thought your family is Christian, skaterboy. You aren't obligated to fast, right? Or is Ramadan a cultural as well as religious occassion?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I thought your family is Christian, skaterboy. You aren't obligated to fast, right? Or is Ramadan a cultural as well as religious occassion?
    My family is Christian, except my cousin. My cousin and I are virtually the same thing except in different physical bodies. He became atheist around the same age I did, too.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ...eh, you'll probably outgrow it at some point (together) and become something less absolute.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    This thread is such a non-problem.

"Oh, my girlfriend says I can't have an H2 because that's the kind of car SHE's going to get when she graduates, so I'm wondering, should I get a Lexus or a Ferrari, because I don't want her to feel I'm competing, oh, no I DO want the H2 after all- is she being fair to me?"
    I agree the only problem here is that GrkScorp not having a back bone and letting his girl friend control him. If I was in his shoes I would tell the girl friend tuff shit. I am getting the M.B.A for my self as it will advance my career and get me to my goals in life.

King Zarathu Guest
    ...eh, you'll probably outgrow it at some point (together) and become something less absolute.
    Well, our religious views are kinda complex. We just say "atheist" because it makes it simple, and people won't ask questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
    Well, our religious views are kinda complex. We just say "atheist" because it makes it simple, and people won't ask questions.
    They may not ask questions, but their opnions go netagive tho if you say your an atheist becuase its the devils relgion you know.

King Zarathu Guest
    If they're that stupid, we don't need to hang around them.

Yeah. Think about it. You're going to be a J.D., C.P.A., and M.A. in Economics. I think you'll have no serious trouble finding a job. I think what your girlfriend is trying to tell you is to not go degree happy. Sure, an M.B.A. or a Ph.D are great, and you will be more valuable, but is it really worth the extra time and money? At least the Ph.D isn't.

I'm also interested in Law School for later on. The N.Y.U. program sounds nice. An M.A. in Biology and an M.B.A. are a great way to get into Law School, and then get out and start working for a drug company. But even without Law School, your girlfriend can still do alot. There are not too many, if any, people with an M.B.A. that have both their C.P.A. and an M.A. in Economics.

Your girlfriend can easily make a great pick as a CFO or CEO, just by being an M.B.A., C.P.A., and M.A. in Economics. Think about what an M.B.A. does. He makes choices for the company based on the information that the analysts and accountants tell him. If your girlfriend understands this information better, she will be able to make better choices for her company. If it was my girlfriend, I'd push her towards an M.B.A. and Ph.D in Economics.

Think about it. Ph.D, MBA, CPA. You're hired! All you need is some good working exp. and ref. and you're in! The great thing about a Ph.D in Economics is that you can get it while you are working. You work for five years, and you not only stack up on five years exp., but also finish with a Ph.D during the end of it, and when you are done, you can apply for a much better job, less hours, you can even work from home, and you'll make the mucho bucks.

Med-School is gay. It's for people who have no life. Think about it. You spend four years in college, then, 4 years in med-school, then, 4 years being underpaid and in an insane amount of debt, and then, if you want to make money, you spend an other 2-3 more years! Don't do medicine, stick to business or law!

Umm.. Yeah.. I don't need to find a way to get into..

This is about my girlfriend.. who is not interesting in getting into law school..

But thanx for the info and advice

P.S. Good Luck with applications to Schools and the LSAT
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post

People don't ask questions to either atheists OR true believers because they are opposite sides of the same coin and you will get similar bullshit responses.

King Zarathu Guest
    People don't ask questions to either atheists OR true believers because they are opposite sides of the same coin and you will get similar bullshit responses.
    So what's your point?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Atheists and true believers have much in common. Same extreme arguments, both sides are absolutely certain they know the one and only truth, and both sides will argue to their death about how right they are..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast