+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting Amish People

Shooting Amish People

I just read on msn that somebody was shooting Amish schoolkids

[url]http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15105305/?GT1=8618[/url]

My question: WTF is wrong with people, and is it getting worse? Why the HELL would someone do this? Why do people behave the way they do? And why do I think understanding why they do would make me feel any better about it?

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch
    My question: WTF is wrong with people, and is it getting worse? Why the HELL would someone do this? Why do people behave the way they do? And why do I think understanding why they do would make me feel any better about it?
    Have you ever heard me say "I hate people"?

If not:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu
    I hate people.
    That's why.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's right here in PA too!

Lancaster is only like half an hour away!

I felt very proud about that for a second, then I thought about it...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am heartbroken. I heard he murdered little girls. This world is one f*cked up place.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

this news made me real sad....why are there people who commit crimes like that and killing innocent people.....ae schools arent safe anymore? when will these shootings stop?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I am heartbroken. I heard he murdered little girls. America is one f*cked up place.
    EDIT.

_____
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Eurasian View Post
    America is one f*cked up place.

EDIT.

_____

Have to agree here with Eurasian.

I mean when was the last time you heard of this type of thing happen outside of the US....NEVER!
    Many questions answered.... Many answers questioned

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Bullshit. The recent round of school shooting started with one in Canada, and the UK is not without their own problems. In fact, didn't that incident where a man when in an knifed a bunch of elementary school students somewhere in the UK occur even before Columbine? Human nature is human nature. It's happening where you live, too, but fortunately for you, you don't have such easy access to guns.

"Knife crime in Scotland becoming ‘public health problem’
    The number of murders involving knives in Scotland is thought to be a public health hazard. This month, research by the Medical Research Council, reveals that knife-violence has more than doubled (increased by 164%) over the past 20 years."

[url]http://www.mrc.ac.uk/index/public-interest/public-news_centre/public-press_office/public-press_2006/public-press-02_may_2006.htm[/url]

I don't know how this will end. After Columbine, there were a rash of copycats, but things calmed down because summer break began. Unfortunately, we are heading into a long school period with no break.

I think the media should put a gag order on covering these events until we are close to winter break. All this coverage is an invitation to every f*cked up male with an ax to grind to become famous.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Think we were only talking about school shootings Vasti. And I include Canada in that too

Knives are different, and less likely to be used in a school mass murder spree unless the attacker is like Antonio Banderas in Desperado.

that's ****ing horrible.

and i'm giong to have to go with other people on this one. america is what's ****ed, even if other places commit similar crimes they're never as frequent as here. we're spoiled in america, that's why this shit happens here more often than other places. we (i'm speaking in generalities, obviously there are plenty of people that this does not apply to) have no sense of responsibility to the community which is something that is engraved in the minds of people in other countries.
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by derm View Post
    Think we were only talking about school shootings Vasti. And I include Canada in that too

Knives are different, and less likely to be used in a school mass murder spree unless the attacker is like Antonio Banderas in Desperado.
    My point is that the ONLY reason this isn't happening where you live is because of your limited access to guns. If you had them, it would happen where you live, too. People *themselves* are no more (or less) crazy here than anywhere else.

For the record, I am a fan of gun control legislation. Very few people actually *need* guns, and I don't believe the constitution allows them except conditionally.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    My point is that the ONLY reason this isn't happening where you live is because of your limited access to guns. If you had them, it would happen where you live, too. People *themselves* are no more (or less) crazy here than anywhere else.

For the record, I am a fan of gun control legislation. Very few people actually *need* guns, and I don't believe the constitution allows them except conditionally.
    I'm not so sure. The type of people who commit any sort of crime here [robberies, drug related punishment beatings, raids etc] actually have access to guns and other artillery and use them.

The type of people who have carried out those school shooting have for the most part been students or past pupils of the school with a grudge against their collegues or teachers.

The worst that would happen her is the Teachers would have their car key'd [paintwork scratched with a key] and the student [s] would be bullied and subjected to a string of wedgies [excessive pulling force applied to rear of underwear until genitalia becomes compressed and underware rips]

I've yet to hear of a teacher been held up in the classroom with any type of instrument/ weapon.

So I'm afraid can't agree this time

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

I've yet to hear of a teacher been held up in the classroom with any type of instrument/ weapon.

So I'm afraid can't agree this time
    Look a little deeper. I found a few links for you, but then my computer crashed and I lost them, and I am too lazy to look them up again. Look specifically for an attack in Dublane, Scotland in 1996.

A total ban on private ownership of handguns went into effect in Britain in 1998 as a result of a the 1996 massacre of 16 school children and their teacher by a single gunman. This was BEFORE Columbine, which happened in 1999.

[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/march/13/newsid_2543000/2543277.stm[/url]

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You tell 'em Vash!

In any case, I'm taking a basic handgun safety course with my buds come November at a local gun range. Soon after I'll probably pick up a rifle.

It's funny though, when we were inquiring about the course, and because we're all under 21, the guy said "See, it doesn't make any sense, I could sell to you right now ::points over:: that AR-15 assault rifle with grenade launcher, but I couldn't sell you a box of 9mm bullets."

Maybe I'll pick up a handgun in the future, but right now I'd rather have a rifle.

Have to agree here with Eurasian.

I mean when was the last time you heard of this type of thing happen outside of the US....NEVER!
    this is a joke, right?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast