+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maths

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I'm a fantastic driver.

3 years of driving an no accidents/tickets.
    Awesome. You're my new chauffeur. I can't STAND the traffic around here.

Eurasian, did you ever get a license? Who needs math when you've got a car, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Awesome. You're my new chauffeur. I can't STAND the traffic around here.

Eurasian, did you ever get a license? Who needs math when you've got a car, right?
    I haven't even applied for a provisional yet. I'm planning to get a license AFTER I finish I.B.

Jurupa --- [url]http://www.ibo.org/diploma/[/url]
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What?

No, I'm not.

Wait...what's the pay, and are there benefits?

What?

No, I'm not.

Wait...what's the pay, and are there benefits?
    The pay is low, but the benefits include driving my 12-year-old Camry in some of the most random traffic on the planet with me yelling in your ear to hurry up or we'll be late.

How could you turn that down?

I'm a fantastic driver.

3 years of driving an no accidents/tickets.
    Better than me. I have one point on my liciense and been a victm of a hit and run accident. But its hard to not to go fast when you have a car that wants to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurasian View Post
    Jurupa --- [url]http://www.ibo.org/diploma/[/url]
    Thanks for the link. I couldn't find anything so I googled it and found info on Math Studies. Besides some advance things that I have not learned yet (basically the math theory and pricable stuff) it seems to be primary Algebra with a small portion of Geometry and Statistics.

The pay is low, but the benefits include driving my 12-year-old Camry in some of the most random traffic on the planet with me yelling in your ear to hurry up or we'll be late.

How could you turn that down?
    12 year old Camry my god, that thing must suck big time. But you may not want to hire me besides of my record. One of my friends say that being in the car when I am driving can be like riding a roller coaster. lol

Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    12 year old Camry my god, that thing must suck big time. But you may not want to hire me besides of my record. One of my friends say that being in the car when I am driving can be like riding a roller coaster. lol
    For you, it is BYOC.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Better than me. I have one point on my liciense and been a victm of a hit and run accident. But its hard to not to go fast when you have a car that wants to move.

Thanks for the link. I couldn't find anything so I googled it and found info on Math Studies. Besides some advance things that I have not learned yet (basically the math theory and pricable stuff) it seems to be primary Algebra with a small portion of Geometry and Statistics.
    I am a little rusty, but I *might* be able to help if you post a specific problem.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No thank you Giga, I'll have to pass.

Jurupa: It's not that I drive slow or anything, it's hard to go the speed limit in Philly. My car is an old '87 Honda Accord, acceleration is shit, but it gets great mileage!

However just the other day while lookin' out for an exit, I almost hardcore rear-ended this guy. Y'know when you're drivin', lookin' around, but you're concious of the car's break lights ahead of you. Well it was like that, I started hittin' the breaks as I took focus of the car ahead of me. Well turns out he wasn't breaking...he was at a full out stop. So I downshifted to 2nd gear and slammed the breaks. I might've just avoided it and pulled to the right but I never checked my mirror and didn't want to take the risk.

King Zarathu Guest
    Vashti - It's called I.B. Math Studies here, too. It's just a math course for badasses.

Also, Kiechi, I think you should just practice. I used to suck at writing but be incredible at math, and after you start practicing it and maybe even enjoying it a little bit, you'll become amazing.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
    Vashti - It's called I.B. Math Studies here, too. It's just a math course for badasses..
    What kind of math is it?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Jurupa: It's not that I drive slow or anything, it's hard to go the speed limit in Philly. My car is an old '87 Honda Accord, acceleration is shit, but it gets great mileage!

However just the other day while lookin' out for an exit, I almost hardcore rear-ended this guy. Y'know when you're drivin', lookin' around, but you're concious of the car's break lights ahead of you. Well it was like that, I started hittin' the breaks as I took focus of the car ahead of me. Well turns out he wasn't breaking...he was at a full out stop. So I downshifted to 2nd gear and slammed the breaks. I might've just avoided it and pulled to the right but I never checked my mirror and didn't want to take the risk.
    I had a few close calls my self. I remeber that this woman started to pull out of a drive way into the street and I was turning from a left trun light and she pulled out in front of me. I jerked the car hard to the other side of the street (it has 2 lanes each way) and then realzing where I was I jerk the car doing a 180 power slide to the other side of the street. I didn't hit anything. The time I did get hit was when my car was parked and someone hit the side of it.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I am a little rusty, but I *might* be able to help if you post a specific problem.
    Uh babe I ain't in math anymore, nor do I need help. If I need math help I go to my dad who took almost all levels of calculus.

For you, it is BYOC.
    BYOC?

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    What kind of math is it?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Uh babe I ain't in math anymore, nor do I need help. If I need math help I go to my dad who took almost all levels of calculus.

BYOC?
    Uh, babe, I didn't mean to offer YOU help. I was offering it to Eurasian (if he can't find a tutor). I was merely working off your post saying it was primarily algebra, statistics and geometry. But in retrospect, I don't know that I remember much geometry, although I could probably be helpful with Algebra .
    Last edited by vashti; 04-10-06 at 12:14 PM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
    Is this your way of saying you don't know what kind of math it is?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast