+ Follow This Topic

Thread: feeling down

feeling down

hey thanks in advance to anyone who took the time to read this.

I was with my girl for around 11 months before we broke up mutually. im 19 years old and shes 24 and she wanted 'the whole loving eachother living together thing' as she put it and i just wasnt ready. i have a very active social life including football and im in college full time and i felt i just couldnt commit to her fully.
    we carried on seeing eachother for 3 months and then it ended about 4 months ago. she was great that she understood that i wasnt ready for a serious living together relationship and although we loved eachother we split.

we still txt now and again and have remained friends but i just cant seem to get her off my mind. its been 4 months and i feel i should have moved on but i cant. i just dont feel myself i dont have much enthusiasm for anything at the moment. i just generally feel pretty down although i know we wuldnt have worked out.
    just wondering if any1 feels the same or has any advise.

thankyou

it takes time to get over a relationship, especially when it ends like yours has. yo two still being in love but just having confliciting lifestyles. Time will heal all things.

thanks for the reply.
    she was my first proper relationship other than flings ive had in school lasting like a month each time.

wen i was in the relationship i never thought about if i would hurt when its was over and i guess thats why im finding it hard to move on because i never prepared myself or felt the pain of a breakup.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think it will take some time, but it was probably for the best (breaking up, that is). You guys are at different stages in your life, and they are not really so compatable. Just keep yourself busy (even if you don't feel like it) and you'll get over her faster.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?