+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Asked a girl number but "Switching phone company" response.

Asked a girl number but "Switching phone company" response.

I met a girl at work.
    We don't talk much because A. we are in different department and B. We have different things to do and C. I don't know what else to say beside school, work or weekend related stuff.

One day, when she was getting off work by walking out the door, she started to talk about how long that she had been working straight but I want to end the conversation short without lingering at the door, so I asked her "Do you have a number that I can call you?"

Her response: "Honestly, I don't because I am switching phone company from A to B but I will let you know when I have my phone number."
    (She was referring to cell phone company)

I said, "Okay, bye."

Here is my Questions:

A. Does that sound fishy to you? I mean anybody can apply a new cell phone first and then cancel the old one, right? And why didn't she give me her home phone number instead? (I didn't ask because I don't want to piss her off)

B. Should I wait or should I ask again? How long should I wait? How should I ask without being bothersome? Should I ask her to leave the number by slip it to my locker when she feels ready?

Note: We both are not teenagers.

Quite evasive, I agree. If she was excited about the idea, she would have taken your number and called you as soon as she had her new phone number. Then again, she could be kicking herself right now because she didn't think of that.

Aren't you lucky, though, because dating people you work with SUCKS. What are you thinking, trying to do this?

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would think she'd come back and give you the new one if she was interested.

Yes, I was trying to ask her out. If she didn't want to go with a stranger like me, I was hoping to talk with her for a long time just like the Hollywood movie "Elizabethtown".

Quote Originally Posted by DesperateGuy View Post
    Yes, I was trying to ask her out. If she didn't want to go with a stranger like me, I was hoping to talk with her for a long time just like the Hollywood movie "Elizabethtown".

I missed that movie (no, I do not live under a rock). Please explain.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    (no, I do not live under a rock)
    Wrong .

My friend, if a girl likes you, thinks you are cute, or is interested in you, SHE WILL let you know one way or another. I've had similiar responses. Here is your case (as happened to me) but with a positive twang.

So lets exchange numbers so I can get a hold of you later on.
    - Ummm...My cell phone is sorta broken...So it barely works.
    Me - Alright, well
    her - (interrupting) - You know what, heres my screenname, and when I leave my dorm tonight I will be with one of my friends, so I will give you her number online once I'm sure which one is coming with me ok? That's easier...

Me - Okay, talk to you later

The above example illustrates at least a degree of interest on her part to talk to me.