+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dad

King Zarathu Guest

Dad

Just a little bit of background info.... My dad took my cell phone up because I left his house to go live with my mom as he was being extremely abusive. Take note that I paid every penny for my cell phone as well as the monthly bills.

Now, I want my computer that is at his house (I paid $1,100 for it after working all summer when I was 9 years old. That's ****ing right. Nine years old).

He claims I owe both of his companies money.

Quote Originally Posted by IdioticFather
    Hi Nick,

Here are two attachments that Margo [his secretary] has had for a while and I would like for you to look at.
    They are the two invoices for money that is still owed to [Company #1] and [Company #2].

I would be open to discussing them as necessary.

Regards,

Dad
    My response:
    Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyInvaluableSon
    Cute--except for one thing. You took the cell phone that I paid for. If you are willing you subtract the amount that the cell phone cost from the two invoices put together, I would be more than glad to pay my dues.

=D
    Any suggestions on how to get through to this guy without having to pay him money?

[Charges bring a sum of $263.95, the cell was around $300]

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why don't you shoot him?

Guns laws are pretty lax these days, get'em while they're hot!

Sell your body.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    $300 for a cell phone? I thought they went for less than $100.

Anyway, unless you can prove you paid for the phone (and the amount) I don't see how you can get away without paying him. What is your mom's position on the matter?

I know this is a lot of money for a kid to come up with, but sometimes it is worth giving up the cash for a bit of peace. I can't say for sure if THIS is one of those times. That is for you to figure out.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Give him a pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurasian
    Sell your body.
    Er...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurasian
    Fed up with his immature attitude.
    Shut the **** up.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    $300 for a cell phone? I thought they went for less than $100.
    It was a few years ago, and this phone was badass. It was just when they were starting to come out with camera phones, and all of those new features.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    Anyway, unless you can prove you paid for the phone (and the amount) I don't see how you can get away without paying him. What is your mom's position on the matter?
    A bank statement showing the withdrawal is what I have.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    I know this is a lot of money for a kid to come up with, but sometimes it is worth giving up the cash for a bit of peace. I can't say for sure if THIS is one of those times. That is for you to figure out.
    No, coming up with it isn't a problem for me, it's the fact that I have to give it up. Giving up cash for a bit of peace? Jesus, dude! All I want is my computer, that isn't too much to ask for. Giving him money isn't going to make him shut up. He owns an entire shopping center and is a multimillionaire, I've seen numbers. Giving him $265 isn't going to do anything.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quick Update:

Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyInvaluableSon
    Sorry, I forgot to add something....

Considering this is strictly about morality and ideology (after all, I don't legally owe you a penny), why don't you hand over the computer I paid about $1,000 for? Why did you take my cell phone away for no purpose? While the drawn conclusion is obvious, it would be better on behalf of the current situation to steer away from the subject. Remaining on-topic, however, I think that after you cease your trivial power trip, we can discuss things in a more or less civilized and sophisticated manner. Failure simply results in a mirrored reflection of your exact power trip--legally.

Take note of this, just let me have my computer, and we can go back to getting along like we used to.

With love,
    -Nick

gah, what a stupid situation. I hope it works out, Z.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you give your dad the money he says you owe him, then he will give you back your computer? Because practically speaking, it seems to me that it would be cheaper to pay up than it would be to purchase a new computer.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

take him to court.

King Zarathu Guest
    If you give your dad the money he says you owe him, then he will give you back your computer? Because practically speaking, it seems to me that it would be cheaper to pay up than it would be to purchase a new computer.
    You know what would be even cheaper? Not paying anything and getting my computer.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's true, but your way will not bring you any peace in the long run. Is that what you really want?

I don't know what your dad did that makes you call him abusive, and depending on what it was, it may well be in your best interests to forget the whole thing, and walk away from your computer. However, I generally think people's lives are made easier and more pleasant if you can avoid family friction, even if it costs a few dollars (assuming you can afford it).

What role is your mother taking in this drama? Because it sounds like this is a matter to be decided by your parents.

King Zarathu Guest
    That's true, but your way will not bring you any peace in the long run. Is that what you really want?

I don't know what your dad did that makes you call him abusive, and depending on what it was, it may well be in your best interests to forget the whole thing, and walk away from your computer. However, I generally think people's lives are made easier and more pleasant if you can avoid family friction, even if it costs a few dollars (assuming you can afford it).

What role is your mother taking in this drama? Because it sounds like this is a matter to be decided by your parents.
    What I really want is my computer, I don't care too much about the drama because I'm pretty much the eye of the storm in these kinds of situations (internally, for sure). Mom is completely on my side, and everybody who knows him thinks he's an asshole. It's just a fact of life. It's pretty much my entire family against him. During Thanksgiving, it was him, his wife, and my sister. That was it. Everybody else knows he's a dick.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Whoa! You have a SISTER? How old, and where does she live?

You aren't going to like what I have to say about the computer. Obviously, you have another one, so I would tell him to sell it and take the money you owe him. It is the fastest way to peace, and life is too short to argue about material things.

King Zarathu Guest
    Whoa! You have a SISTER? How old, and where does she live?

You aren't going to like what I have to say about the computer. Obviously, you have another one, so I would tell him to sell it and take the money you owe him. It is the fastest way to peace, and life is too short to argue about material things.
    You don't understand.... I paid $1K for that computer and I was 9 years old. I worked my ass off. I need that computer for work and for school, this isn't something I'm just wanting out of nowhere. It's important.

My sister is 12. He's ****ing her mind up, too. When I was really young, he told me that I wasn't his son. He said that my mom slept with her brother (my uncle, obviously) and I was his kid, but he still loved me. Oh, the guilt...the pain.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast