+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I dumped my girlfriend and I feel terrible...

I dumped my girlfriend and I feel terrible...

This is a long story. But I'll try to make it short.

We were in a relationship for 6 months now.

My first mistake was getting into a relationship with someone wasn't that attractive to me but just wanted a "Girlfriend" and thought "Well, this is an easy catch, I'll think I'll stick with her"

She was very insecure and not like other girls. She didn't like make-out or dress like other girls. She was more like a tomboy per say.

After while you know, it started to bug me a little but I would NEVER tell her that I didn't think she was attractive. Never. I always told her she was beautiful and pretty. I always make people feel good about themselves.

Me and her have done so many things together. We talked and talked for awhile about almost everything. We watched alot of movies . I was always nice to her.

I just don't know why I stopped liking her as a girlfriend. Her looks just got to me you know, and she didn't act her age, she was slow. So you know, I just thought she wasn't for me and that I can find someone more suited for me and maybe she can find someone more suited for her.

The day I broke up with her which had me in tears...while she didn't spread any...but was shocked and upset. I.....felt terrible. I felt really really really bad and while im typing this now. I feel like crying again. There is something about her that i really really miss.

and I talked to her today. She said she is already over it and already seeing "other" guys. I feel like I regret this but I know I did this for a reason. I know I broke up with her for a reason. But now I feel really bad and I am really really upset about this. I was crying all day asking myself " why why why" Why did I do it????

We seem to be just talking now and all I have told her is that I didn't want to be in a relationship and that it wasn't he fault at all. IT was all me. I had to say this I just couldn't make her feel bad at all. I still love her and I care for her deeply and I'll know she'll find someone that will love her for who she is.

But now, I miss her. In that way as well and I'll know I won't see her as much anymore and that saddens me. and if I see her with someone else, I'll know I'd be devastated....

So in the end I don't know if I did the right thing. I feel Guilty.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you became very attached to the idea of having a girlfriend mor ethan actual attachment to THIS girl. You are very young, and her real purpose was educational. You have learned that you need to have some level of attraction for a girl - just thinking she is a nice girl isn't enough. Remember that for the next time.

By the way, just by virtue of your age, it was never gonna work out, even if you thought she was the most beautiful girl in the world, so don't be so hard on yourself.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I'm glad you did it, David. You did the right thing.

Dave

You did do the right thing. If your not attracted to her where's the point in continuing. You must move on and forget her. It's not fair on her OR you.

You may be missing her and feel you have done the wrong thing. But chances are it's the companionship you miss more than the actual person. You miss having someone to do stuff with, someone to share things with etc.

Go find someone else and you'll look back months from now and wonder how you ever stayed with her so long.

Good luck
    Many questions answered.... Many answers questioned

It reminds me of my experience as well, as what a difficult and guilty time it was.