+ Follow This Topic

Thread: To be strongly in love

To be strongly in love

If you're in love with someone very intensely, but the two of you haven't hooked up yet, it can of course be very uncomfortable and aggravating since the higher your hopes are that they want you back, the harder the hopes hit the ground when they fall. If it's as bad as my situation, though, my hope would probably pick itself up bloody from the ground and desperately try to fly again.

Is it better to tell them "I like you" (haha, what an understatement) in a straightforward way, or just try to get closer by flirting or spending time together and see where it takes you?
    Obviously the straightforward way has a greater risk of rejection. It's the way I'd prefer by far, i.e. you both just like eachother and kiss or something. But if the person doesn't like you back...you've just made them uncomfortable by putting pressure on them, and on top of that you might be endangering the friendship you have! Not to mention I would sink into a depressed coma and die. Actually, I would certainly be deeply depressed but instead of a coma I would just be nonfunctional and feel lost.

What are your thoughts on this?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I prefer the straight forward approach. Even if the other person doesn't like you, at least you will have resolution. Besides, I don't think a lot of males are particularly good at picking up on hints.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I prefer the straight forward approach. Even if the other person doesn't like you, at least you will have resolution. Besides, I don't think a lot of males are particularly good at picking up on hints.
    I'll agree with this.

We sucks at it.

I hate that feeling. Sometimes you need a resoluition. Sitting in limbo can be torture.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Today I've discovered that while I am still technically single, and I've more or less shutdown all those intense emotions from before, as I started flirting with this one girl, and she back, I suddenly, well, I more or less stopped. I was still friendly, but became disinterested. It's not that I really wanted anything with this chick, but I was very tempted to see how far I could go with it, y'know, just because.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    Try to get her to a club with your friends. If she insists that you dance with her, that's a good thing. You'd have to decide whether she likes you based on how she dances with you. If you both get sufficiently drunk, it can work. However, be a decent slimeball and don't ooze all over her while dancing. That's just disgusting.

I'll be damned if I know how you get her to a club without making it sound like a date.

lol, how's that help?
    I have to agree, going out into a social setting such as a club will allow you to find out whether she likes you or not. HOWEVER, clubs definitely are places people go to pick up people so you will have competition. (even if she likes you, it doesn't mean she doesn't find other men attractive). So If you take her then, get that dance going early, or somebody else may beat you to it.
    Last edited by the_slixter; 16-10-06 at 11:41 AM. Reason: no space between her and then "herthen"

Well, what's more important to you- your hope of having her or your fear of rejection? One of them is going to win here. You sound pretty committed to your fear. Why don't you try acting as though you know for sure she's going to accept you- it'll be very attractive.