+ Follow This Topic

Thread: finally...

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

finally...

after waking up at 7 this morning to a room that was shaken by an earthquake, then oddly enough i went back to sleep because of my previous drinking experience the night before. after hearing my sister start to yell, i decide to wake up. next i turned on the microwave to notice that the light had started to become dimmer. NOOOOOOOOO i thought as i wanted something warm to eat to satisfy the drunken hunger.. but dammit. the power went out. so here, roughly 13 hours later, we have power. damn it's a good thing.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

God blessed. Glad you are fine.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I had forgotten you live in Hawaii!! Speaking as someone who lives in another earthquake zone, I feel for you! I am glad you are okay. Now tell me: How does earthquake activity affect the volcanoes?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I didn't know you lived in HI, Ill. I lived there for two years. I was also drunk a lot. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    after waking up at 7 this morning to a room that was shaken by an earthquake, then oddly enough i went back to sleep because of my previous drinking experience the night before. after hearing my sister start to yell, i decide to wake up. next i turned on the microwave to notice that the light had started to become dimmer. NOOOOOOOOO i thought as i wanted something warm to eat to satisfy the drunken hunger.. but dammit. the power went out. so here, roughly 13 hours later, we have power. damn it's a good thing.

raverboy
    I remember waking up at 1am in Tokyo while staying on the 8th floor of a hotel. A bottle of coke had fallen on my feet and I wondered how this could have happened.

Suddenly the 6ft by 10ft room started moving quiet vigerously from side to side. It got progressively worse and I thought that was it I was gonna die there inside a collapsed building.

It lasted just a few minutes and I returned to sleep only to be told the following morning that it was a 6.5 and a very regular occurance

Frightened the life out of me!
    Many questions answered.... Many answers questioned

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    actually the quake wasn't too bad. we were miles from the epicenter, however the other islands were not as lucky. too bad... nah j/k. i have friends that live on the big isle and they havne't called back. i'm sure that they are alright, but there was a lot of damage, which also included the phone systems and the power.

giga... what part of hawaii did you reside in?? i'm in honolulu.

vash... as far as the volcanoes, we currently have one active volcano, and as you probably know, we are over a hot spot so we're always gonna have this activity. how it affected it?? i'm sure that it didn't.

raverboy

giga... what part of hawaii did you reside in?? i'm in honolulu.

I lived in Honolulu until I went broke, and then got on those cruise ships and just went in circles around the islands. That was a great job.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    so you started to wait tables on the cruise ships? i heard that you make pretty good money, but at first, it's a bit hard to get used to the waving of the ship.

raverboy

so you started to wait tables on the cruise ships? i heard that you make pretty good money, but at first, it's a bit hard to get used to the waving of the ship.

raverboy
    Actually, it's great , the way the ship rocks. They're big ships, so the rocking is more long and slow than in a small boat. It was hard to get used to sleeping without it when I got off. I had a blast working there. I was totally taken care of and the crew was like a big, extended dysfunctional family.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha tell me about it, i have a fish tank in my room and when i don't hear the water fallling into the tank, it's actually too quiet for me to sleep. and working in that sort of business, i'm sure that you drank all the time. and now you know where i get it from.

raverboy

Gotta love those earthquakes. I am glad your okay. I am just waiting for the big one here in California so that I can get some beach front property.

haha tell me about it, i have a fish tank in my room and when i don't hear the water fallling into the tank, it's actually too quiet for me to sleep. and working in that sort of business, i'm sure that you drank all the time. and now you know where i get it from.
    raverboy
    Are you some sort of tourist-whore?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    giga.. not really. the first resturant that i started working in was in waikiki. being amonst all these young people who were the same age as i, and having a job that paid really good while i lived at home, what else would i do with my money?? save it?? yeah right..

i will admit though, i love japanese women.

raverboy