+ Follow This Topic

Thread: To tell or not to tell?

To tell or not to tell?

Hi, all.

I'm 21/M and I've never been in a romantic relationship. Heck, I'd never been on an actual date until last week. Thursday I went out with a woman I met through an Internet personal, and I think we really hit it off. We're probably gonna go out a little later this week. My question is this: how soon should I share my inexperience?

I know it's "risky" to discuss prior relationships, but what if I don't have any to discuss? I'm a very honest person, and I don't want her to feel deceived if it comes up later, but I also don't want to scare her off or seem desperate by bringing it up. How long should I wait? My instinct is not to bring it up until we've been dating a while, but to be honest if the subject comes up. On the other hand, maybe if she knew, she'd have a better idea of why so many moments seem to be awkward that shouldn't be.

Help?

-Lister

Hey :)

Why not try to make it into something positive? If something funny happens, say something like 'I had no idea this was so fun', or be a little extra energetic and be happy that you are trying something new, she'll notice. :-)

Please tell me how everything went!

- corewarp

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    why do you possess a feeling that you must tell her about your past? it's not a rule in the guidelines of dating you know. i feel that if it were to come up, you should discuss it but otherwise, i don't see a reason to bring up the past. look at it this way, it's like if she were to tell you about all the guys she have dated which gives her all her experience. it's not really relevant but as long as the two of you have come together, that is what should really matter? right? raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...