+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anybody ever dated a clingy chick?

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
    Ask her out anyway! Then, you can rub it in your ex's face like the mature human being you really are.</SARCASM>
    Why would I do that? My ex and I are still really good friends.

And no, I'm a 20 year old male. Why would you of thought I was a girl? EVERY time I've posted I've been asking for advice about situations that were going on in my last relationship...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by blue toxin View Post
    Why would I do that? My ex and I are still really good friends.

And no, I'm a 20 year old male. Why would you of thought I was a girl? EVERY time I've posted I've been asking for advice about situations that were going on in my last relationship...
    I think it might be because there's another user by the name of blue, and I'm still affiliating that word with femininity.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    It's 'cause you act like such a bitch.

lol...sorry...I have no grounds for that...it just sounded funny as a flippant remark.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I think it might be because there's another user by the name of blue, and I'm still affiliating that word with femininity.
    Yeah I noticed that after I made this username, but I had hoped that the toxin kept it more masculine.

Anyway tonight she asked me if I could name one thing about her I didn't like. I told her the sailor swearing was a turn off to me. She said oh yeah I've been trying to change that cause I almost slipped in front of my instructor at school so, now I have two good reasons to change it. So far I haven't heard a vulgar peep outa her. And you know how I said she would always complain about work? Today she was PISSED to have to go in (she was on the on-call shift and she got called in). But after she came home she told me she had a great day. Looks like things are turning around already. Only time will tell how things will be in the future.

Well, I remember you. I think you hold your girlfriends to a pretty high standard, and I don't think this new contender is going to make the cut.

I don't know why you're getting involved with someone else at this point anyway, unless it's just a rebound thing, in which case who cares about her swearing habit or clinginess? You JUST broke up with your gf. Give yourself some time, would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Well, I remember you. I think you hold your girlfriends to a pretty high standard, and I don't think this new contender is going to make the cut.

I don't know why you're getting involved with someone else at this point anyway, unless it's just a rebound thing, in which case who cares about her swearing habit or clinginess? You JUST broke up with your gf. Give yourself some time, would you?
    Giga, I see what you're saying. But when we finally broke up it was like, meh, okay? I guess I saw it coming... The last six months of our relationship, even in the summer, just wasn't the same. Wasn't as exciting or bubbley as it used to be. Plus, I don't hold ANYBODY to a high standard. If you remember, the ONLY thing that I ever complained about her here was with her and her drinking habits. That's it. Besides that, I took her for who she was. But like I said, when we split, it was just so obvious it was going to happen that it was just like... wow, okay, we're really done. Think of it like a test in school... you forgot about it. You know you failed it. You go in a week later to class and sure enough, you get the results back, and you failed that. Take that, incorporate it into a relationship, and span it over a couple months time. That's where I was. But don't get me wrong, we're still great friends, and my ex suggested that I should get out and meet new people, and that's just what I'm doing.

But the more I think about it the more I'm thinking it's just not what I'm used to. It's what I've ever wanted, just not what I'm used to. My ex would call me once a day if I was lucky. I'd see her once every 3 weeks to take her out to pizza hut or something if I was lucky. And now seeing this girl, talking to her everyday, and seeing her the last couple of nights, just KNOWING she cares enough to devote that time to me when we're not even dating... it's just... it's what I ever wanted. But at first I was like WHOAAAAAA too much, too much. But looking back on it, it's just what I wasn't used to.

Last night she asked me to name one thing about her I don't think highly of about her. And I wasn't mean... I said I know I have a potty mouth sometimes but during casual conversation I don't think highly to hear those kinds of words over and over. I said I used to swear like that and one time I almost let a word slip in front of an instructor that would of gotten me in deeeeeep. She said oh yeah, I've been cutting back on that even before I met you cause that almost happened to me too, but now that you've mentioned that now I've got two good reasons to watch it. Then she smiled.

And as far as her being upset about work, yesterday she was so angry to have to go to work, yet when she came home she talked to me for 30 minutes about how GREAT her day was. Granted, she said she was working with the one manager she really liked, but I think she really took what I said into consideration... where if you just bite your lip, suck it up, and smile/be respectful/obidient to your managers, even if you don't like them you CAN start to build relationships with them, even when you thought you never ever could.

So it's not so much that I set girls to a high standard... you'd be surprised how accepting I am of people. It's just these two minor things I could see being a problem later on if we settled down together. But like I said... she came home yesterday and two things changed- she had a great day, and she didn't say one vulgarity all night.

I'm not trying to be controlling, but constant swearing is one thing that IS a turn off to me. And if her and I got together, I understand she may not like her job, but I hate my job and I just accept it for what it is. So I'm just trying to get her to understand how I dealt with that situation when I first got my job and realized how crappy it can be.

But all in all, I think we'd be a good pair. I just want to wait a little bit longer. And I told her that and she just smiled and was very respectful of it.

Sweet! Good for you for being so clear with her about not being ready to jump into something.

For the record, I still believe that you hold people to a high standard. It's not a bad thing. You want what you want.

Sweet! Good for you for being so clear with her about not being ready to jump into something.

For the record, I still believe that you hold people to a high standard. It's not a bad thing. You want what you want.
    The only high standard I hold women to is, I expect them to be open and honest with me. I like women who I can be joking around with, and the next minute can tone it down and have a serious conversation about life.

And I'm not even dating this girl, yet we've talked about things that even my friends of 5 years haven't talked about. She's just so open and casual with me, which is what drew me into her. But like I said, there were 2 minor things that turned me off about her... but that seems to of changed already.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    Don't bet on that. People don't change overnight.
    Granted. But like I said, when I said that to her she told me she was already trying to change her cussing habits because she almost on accident dropped the F bomb to an instructor. She said once I mentioned something it was an even bigger awakening to her that she's gotta change that. Not so much because I wanted her to, but mostly because she realized that since I took notice to it that it wasn't a good habit to have.

I have a friend who calls her swearing habit "the cockroach". When she catches herself swearing, she envisions a cockroach crawling out of her mouth.

Maybe I should try that. Maybe it would help. I've got a ****in' dirty mouth.

I have a friend who calls her swearing habit "the cockroach". When she catches herself swearing, she envisions a cockroach crawling out of her mouth.

Maybe I should try that. Maybe it would help. I've got a ****in' dirty mouth.
    lololol

Good idea.

King Zarathu Guest
    I've got a ****in' dirty mouth.
    I'll be more than happy to take care of that for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12