+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Have Perfect Sex

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Anyway, as I was saying before I was interrupted, for this person to suggest that any type of sex short of the methods above is less than adequate is arrogant and not so different than the ideological "truth" of fundamentalists.

Anyway, as I was saying before I was interrupted, for this person to suggest that any type of sex short of the methods above is less than adequate is arrogant and not so different than the ideological "truth" of fundamentalists.
    By "adequate" I mean, as I said, a shared experience of reality on a completely different, and far superior level to the necessary and contingent commonly experienced time and space known as "the real world". I know of many ways, in sex and love, to experience intense physical, emotional and mental pleasure. I know of no other way to experience time and space dissolving, to blend utterly with another person, and to feel so much pleasure you literally feel like you are dying. Literally - not, I repeat, a metaphor for intense pleasure - literally dying into another dimension, another experience of self. If this all sounds familiar to you, I would expect friendly recognition - with some of your own observations perhaps. If it sounds foreign, I would expect either sincere enquiry or childish sarcasm.

I lead a fairly pure life. Alcohol, television, chatter and other drugs tend to disturb my equilibrium.

I said "chatter" not "talking". Yes, chatter is a type of drug, it is used to excite and forget in the same way as alcohol. Yes, I can be described as strange - but having seen what passes for "normal" this is not a problem. Sorry to hear of your alcohol (drug) problem; although, no doubt like any other alcoholic you'll think of someone who's got it worse and reassure yourself that it's not so bad. In fact reality without any drug - including sex (not love-making), chatter (not talk), stimulation (not art), sentimentality (not affection) and hate (not indignation) - is paradise.

Stimulation, sentimentality and hate are selfish. Art, affection and indignation are selfless.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by damoclesjones View Post
    Stimulation, sentimentality and hate are selfish. Art, affection and indignation are selfless.
    Every act is selfish, no matter how selfless.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Every act is selfish, no matter how selfless.
    Choosing to adopt rather than procreating? I don't see what is selfish about this act.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurasian View Post
    Choosing to adopt rather than procreating? I don't see what is selfish about this act.
    You adopt out of your want to have a child. Regardless of how you got about it. You're attempting to fulfill your desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    You adopt out of your want to have a child. Regardless of how you got about it. You're attempting to fulfill your desire.
    I don't buy into the whole "because I want something it makes me selfish" theory. Here is another example, the want for world hunger to end (altruistic desire). Because the desire is on such a large scale (and because of this, one was unable to do anything about it), does the "desire" of just wanting world hunger to end still make one selfish?
    Last edited by Kiechi; 26-10-06 at 09:14 AM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't buy into the whole "because I want something it makes me selfish" theory. Here is another example, the want for world hunger to end. Assuming the desire was not fulfilled, does the "desire" of wanting world hunger to end still make one selfish?
    Yes, just know that any want of any kind, I can take to the extreme and turn it into selfishness. Only because I feel the starter of this thread is doing similarly. However, it's not the first time that I've thought about these things.

The way I see it, the end justifies the means in many cases. My want to do service, my act of doing service which is often considered selfless, I partially see as selfish because it's something I simply want to do. I gain satisfaction from it. Virtually any choice I make is in my mind however minute, a selfish act because I obviously chose that choice because I felt it best fit me and my wants/needs. Even if that results in me helping others.

When an individual avoids helping another because of fear of having harm caused to themselves, one might suggest they are selfish. They decide not to assist because to some extent, it's the choice most comforting to them.

When an individual puts themself in harms way to help another, one might suggest they are selfless. Which they are, but only because with the moral decision presented to them, the act of doing nothing would potentially cause them feelings of guilt and regret, so they chose to act.

See what I'm saying?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think like this on a normal basis. It's a very cynical point of view, and cyncism is something I should avoid if I want to do my job effectively.
    Last edited by Junket; 26-10-06 at 09:28 AM.

I edited my post shortly after I posted it, which changes the nature of my question.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    does the "desire" of just wanting world hunger to end still make one selfish?
    In this case I will have to say no, it's not selfish, nor would I say it's selfless either as you are not acting upon those thoughts or feelings in anyway, so outside of your head, they do not exist.

Now if you campaign or advocate the ideology or a means to end world hunger, I would say yes, it's selfish because you are acting to fulfill yourself.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think being selfish has been needlessly villianized. Everyone has to be selfish to some extent or they will die.

Naturally, there are limits, though.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    See?! That's why I proposed the definition of selfish above! The point of your argument is specifically addressed with that definition.
    Aegis is right because I agree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by damoclesjones View Post
    What the **** are you talking about?
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast