+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Customs in China

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Showing your inner wrist? WTF? Is that some weird mating ritual in Ireland? No wonder my ancestors ran away.
    It wasn't the food? That's what drove my family off.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    It wasn't the food? That's what drove my family off.

Maybe it was a combination. I dunno. My mom still cooks like she is living over there.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Maybe it was a combination. I dunno. My mom still cooks like she is living over there.

No shit! Mine too. Hate, hate, hate dinner at mom's. My daughter wants to know what's for "backup dinner" when we get home from Grandma's.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My mom's specialty when we were growing up was called "gallon o' goodies". She made it using corkscrew noodles, a bottle of catsup, and a squeeze of mustard. If she wasn't too broke, she would throw in some ground beef. One time I made it for my husband because he claimed it couldn't be *that* bad.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

My mom's specialty when we were growing up was called "gallon o' goodies". She made it using corkscrew noodles, a bottle of catsup, and a squeeze of mustard. If she wasn't too broke, she would throw in some ground beef. One time I made it for my husband because he claimed it couldn't be *that* bad.

OMFG. Okay, did you also have pan-fried cube steak with instant mashed potatoes and canned corn?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    We used to pan-fry round steak and then cover it with water and throw in real potatoes. They were probably cheaper. That was our Sunday night dinner. We ate gallon-o-goodies or meatloaf on the other nights.

All of our vegetables came in cans except the year that my brother and I were punished for something or other and had to plant a garden.

They funniest thing was the canned cranberries. I didn't realize they came any other way until I moved out of the house.

We used to pan-fry round steak and then cover it with water and throw in real potatoes. They were probably cheaper. That was our Sunday night dinner. We ate gallon-o-goodies or meatloaf on the other nights.

All of our vegetables came in cans except the year that my brother and I were punished for something or other and had to plant a garden.

They funniest thing was the canned cranberries. I didn't realize they came any other way until I moved out of the house.

My father ran the kitchen at a fabulous restaurant in town when I was growing up, so I had exposure to great food from the time I was 11. Not eating it. Cooking it.

Then I'd go home to my mother's butchered version of shepherd's pie. If those shepherds found out what she did to that pie, she'd get a crook up her ass for sure.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Shepard's pie? Haha - that was my dad's way of making meatloaf sound "fancy".

I swear, we are truly soul-sisters.

Shepard's pie? Haha - that was my dad's way of making meatloaf sound "fancy".

I swear, we are truly soul-sisters.

Sooooo..... you're going to Vegas for New Year's with me & indi, right?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No, I will be stuck attending that same party I get roped into every year.

Quote Originally Posted by derm View Post
    I seen a documentary on TV on Sunday all about the Himalayas and the people who reside near them. It touched on the customs of people in a region of China. In this area the girls would rub a guys palm after a handshake to signal interest.

It was so simple yet effective............why hasn't this caught on everywhere else around the world!?

I would make life so simple for everyone
    I remeber reading some article about that. Its from some ethnic group in China that does that. This program wasnt with Michael Pavelin was it (you know from Monty Python)?
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    My father ran the kitchen at a fabulous restaurant in town when I was growing up, so I had exposure to great food from the time I was 11. Not eating it. Cooking it.

Then I'd go home to my mother's butchered version of shepherd's pie. If those shepherds found out what she did to that pie, she'd get a crook up her ass for sure.

Whats wrong with these people here!

Your making me hungry!
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Jesus, Henry. You are suffering from culinary neglect.

Ha ha, that sounds like me! My mom once brought home some frozen green beans when I was around 10 and I was like, "WTF, they come frozen?!?!" And my dad once brought home some fresh pears (I was 5) and I wouldn't eat them cuz they were scary looking to me. I remember that I started crying when he tried to feed me some. Pretty freaking sad. As for the meatloaf, my mom never made that. She always made spaghetti. Almost EVERY night. I hate spaghetti now. And hot dogs. She used to make hotdogs sandwiches. They consisted of flimsy white bread, ketchup, and sliced up hot dogs. Meh, it's okay. I made it out alive.

As for that gallon-o-goodies, that sounds soooooo nasty!! I would've starved to death!
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.

Did you guys ever have those Chef Boyardee pizza kits as a very special treat?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast