+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lacking confidence

I feel you, just dont think about it
    [url=http://ufanz.com/teams/tracking.asp?ti=1186&mi=617][/url]

as others have mentioned confidence comes from practice, you might want to take up boxing, beating someone who weighs 20-40 kilos more than you is a definite confidence booster, also you can try a "**** the world" attitude, i have always had that mindsight and people always think i am confident... i am not really i just speak my mind anytime i want

i think ultimately....a toastmasters or a public speaking type class would really help, its just having the balls to go through with that. Presentations in class for example are awkward, you probably hate them, i personally get all sweaty and nervous and can barely breath, but then u do it and you think that wasn't THAT bad.

I give this advice but i haven't followed through on it, I just don't want to put myself in that situation even if it will probably better me in the long run. It just takes too much out of me and i don't wanna put myself in there.

I fear public speaking more then bungee jumping or spiders or whatever is feared by most. My body just completely goes berzerk in the even of presentations.

Public Speaking is the #1 Fear in America... Don't quote me on that though.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've heard death is the number one fear, followed by public speaking.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I've heard death is the number one fear, followed by public speaking.
    i'd much rather die then have to do a public speaking class!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maybe you will die while giving a public speech...

j/k - public speaking is an acquired skill. Just practice *out loud* 10-15 times before actually "performing" and you'll be fine. Oh, and make sure you know what you are talking about. No one wants to listen to an idiot.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Try social lube (AKA alcohol). I believe it has a useful purpose (that is, killing shyness). Unfortunately, many people in the medical profession would probably not agree.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Try social lube (AKA alcohol). I believe it has a useful purpose (that is, killing shyness). Unfortunately, many people in the medical profession would probably not agree.

I've made many speeches in public while using social lube. I don't remember how they were received, though.....
    Spammer Spanker

"Social lube" - Thanks! In all my years, that's a new one for me.. lol
    There are some things you just can't explain with the word... fate. You're just going to have to see it with your own eyes.
    - Taura

Quote Originally Posted by adam_clio View Post
    Hi,

i just feel as though everyone is just looking at me(very self conscious i think??) and i just cant relax or talk to people.

Thanks
    Adam
    Hi Adam,

Yes, too self consciousness makes you think that other people is always looking at you, which make you uneasy.

One way to counter that is NOT to focus your attention on yourself.

Try This: When you are going to talk to a stranger, picture in your mind that he/she is friendly and responding well to your conversation. Picture also that he/she is as nervous as you do and you are there to make him/her feel better. This will boost your self confidence.
    [URL="http://thelawofattractionmoney.com/attraction.html"]Love Yourself First[/URL]

And as far as everyday people go.. small talk is king.
    There are some things you just can't explain with the word... fate. You're just going to have to see it with your own eyes.
    - Taura

Practice and Persistence

I was listening to one of those dating cd's and David D had made a good suggestion. If you really want it, then you will need practice by being a more social person. Easy said then done? Not really. Everyday, try to say something to someone. Heres a suggestion, when paying for your groceries, ask how the clerks day is going, when buying coffee, do the same. If you see someone you would want to meet, notice something about them, there energy, style, books they are reading, or something along those lines. Eventually you will have an easier time talking to people, at random. You will not have to fake it, it will come naturally, because you will start enjoying meeting new people. Believe or not, there are alot of friendly people out there, and you might meet the one that befriends you.
    My Authored Books and Website about Online Dating

Chemistry and Numbers: The Online Dating Guide and Website
    [URL="http://www.chemistryandnumbers.com"]http://www.chemistryandnumbers.com[/URL]

Chemistry and Numbers 2: Sexy, Funny, Horrifying, and Yes, Successful Online Dating Stories from more than 50 Online Daters
    [URL="http://www.chemistryandnumbers.com"]http://www.chemistryandnumbers.com[/URL]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12