+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does this mean, breakup when things seemed so great.

What does this mean, breakup when things seemed so great.

Here is a portion of an email sent to me by my new ex. It was sent to me just a week before I get a break up email. Im wondering what kind of person writes stuff like this and then smashes your heart a week later? yes it was a short relationship, and she was younger than me by 4 years. We seemed to have gotten so far though. We both talked of marrage and kids, which now seems like a bad idea. She fooled me into believing I was doing the right thing with her. Well, the portion of the email is below:

"I’m learning to separate you completely from all males I’ve ever known. Of course being the man I love separates you instantly, but, my hurts are still there. You’re healing them though, with your love, lol I’m not even trying to be mushy, it’s true. You’re taking away all of my fears about being romantic and intimate, spiritually and physically. You’re making everything better by just being you and loving me. It makes me want to cry with happiness and sadness at the same time. Happiness because you love me as much as I love you, and you’re so wonderful, you don’t even realize how wonderful you are to me! If you did know how wonderful you were, you wouldn’t blush or feel unworthy when I tell you that! I hope you just blushed. But sadness because I feel like I can never repay you for vanquishing my fears, doubts, and pains. And sadness, because I feel like I was insufficient in my own self-healing, this was something I couldn’t do for myself. It took me so long to get to the point where I could trust someone else, where I wasn’t crying at night anymore. It took me almost 8 years!

Here’s the great part though, my happiness outweighs my sadness. You swooped into my life, and within 3 months, you’ve healed me more than anyone else ever has. I’m truly close to you. Not a fake closeness I have with my friends that I’ve known for years, I’m close to them through the past. I’m close to you because I trust you, and I love you. And I thank God for you every night, he must have known I needed you, this must have been his plan. I’m in an even greater debt to him.

You are my better half. <3"

I'd like some more information about what happened after that...

She just sent that and a week later, dumped you? I seriously doubt that.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I'd like some more information about what happened after that...

She just sent that and a week later, dumped you? I seriously doubt that.
    Yeah, I can't help but agree with Giga. What the ****? Did you strap her down and shove tampons down her throat or some shit?

Nothing happend after that, things went on as normal and seemingly happy.

Then she owes you an explanation. Tell her she owes me one, too. WTF?

She had told me over and over that she couldnt wait till the future, till we got married and had kids. Yet one of her reasons for breaking up with me was that she didnt want to get married or have kids.

Im such a chump...heh...i knew she may end up changing her mind about some things, but never completely breaking it off with me. She knew I was willing to do anything for her.
    Last edited by Lostplzfindme; 07-11-06 at 01:43 AM.

Uh, maybe you should think of her as a bullet you just dodged. She sounds a little unstable. Don't have kids with someone like that.

Uh, maybe you should think of her as a bullet you just dodged. She sounds a little unstable. Don't have kids with someone like that.
    hehe, right. If she ever matures and she realizes the mistake she made, ill be long over it.

Btw, would it make me an ass to have a rebound fling? I just cant stand to be alone yet. I guess it would make me an ass in my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostplzfindme View Post
    hehe, right. If she ever matures and she realizes the mistake she made, ill be long over it.

Btw, would it make me an ass to have a rebound fling? I just cant stand to be alone yet. I guess it would make me an ass in my own opinion.
    Only if you lie about it. Find someone who is also rebounding and strike a deal.

King Zarathu Guest
    Only if you lie about it. Find someone who is also rebounding and strike a deal.
    That's kickass.

Oh man, i can feel your pain, believe me. We had 4 yr. Relationship and she was doing same thing to me. We were even engaged. I could never understand what's happening in heads of these people.
    ...The key is, being bold and gallant. She is looking for the knight on the big white Charger that she reads
    about in her stupid romance novels. Remember, after she decides to keep you, she will be throwing
    those books in the fireplace, where they belong, while trying to keep you warm!...
    Doc. Love

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Then she owes you an explanation. Tell her she owes me one, too. WTF?
    Nah, same thing that happened to me.

It's part of life, my friend. Questioning it is only going to drive you insane. Just realize that there ARE girls out there who aren't insane like this.

Don't ever give up, and hopefully we all will find the real thing.
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

... We both talked of marrage and kids, which now seems like a bad idea. She fooled me into believing I was doing the right thing with her.
    Who brought up the issue of marriage and kids? That might have triggered it. (when you rush things this can happen. also talking about marriage and kids with someone you never met is jumping the gun. )
    Last edited by Henry123; 19-11-06 at 01:05 AM.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

"I’m learning to separate you completely from all males I’ve ever known. Of course being the man I love separates you instantly, but, my hurts are still there. You’re healing them though, with your love, lol I’m not even trying to be mushy, it’s true. You’re taking away all of my fears about being romantic and intimate, spiritually and physically. You’re making everything better by just being you and loving me. It makes me want to cry with happiness and sadness at the same time. Happiness because you love me as much as I love you, and you’re so wonderful, you don’t even realize how wonderful you are to me! If you did know how wonderful you were, you wouldn’t blush or feel unworthy when I tell you that! I hope you just blushed. But sadness because I feel like I can never repay you for vanquishing my fears, doubts, and pains. And sadness, because I feel like I was insufficient in my own self-healing, this was something I couldn’t do for myself. It took me so long to get to the point where I could trust someone else, where I wasn’t crying at night anymore. It took me almost 8 years!

Here’s the great part though, my happiness outweighs my sadness. You swooped into my life, and within 3 months, you’ve healed me more than anyone else ever has. I’m truly close to you. Not a fake closeness I have with my friends that I’ve known for years, I’m close to them through the past. I’m close to you because I trust you, and I love you. And I thank God for you every night, he must have known I needed you, this must have been his plan. I’m in an even greater debt to him.

You are my better half. <3"
    hymmm? From the sound of it it seems she only sees you as a friend. Not as a person to have a sexual relationship with but more as an emotional dumping ground (aka the emotional tampon).

(presuming this is a distant contact) The thing with long distant relationships is that many of them dont work out. Too much time and energy wasted.
    Just due to distance is a bad omen of things to come.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast