+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What I'd do without Loveforum...?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

What I'd do without Loveforum...?

To tell you the truth, I really don't know what I do without LF at the moment.

I know this sounds sad, and to anybody who doesn't know me, it sounds like I'm an anti-social who needs to get a life. But that aside.

All the time I spend on LF I would prefer I was spending socializing. But I don't even know where to start. So I come home, and run through my routine of websites which always involves LF. Talking a bit with my friends on Teamspeak and playin' this or that game.

But any excitement from those games is so short lived and shallow at best. Last year I felt like I had a social life. I was afterall conveniently surrounded by 8 other very different personalities so there was always somethin' to do and always something, somebody to talk to. And I loved it! I savored every minute of it. And I was afraid this would happen. Comin' back and all. Getting back into my old routine. I try to spice things up by doin' somethin' crazy or goin' somewhere different. But it all feels so short lived.

I come here, and it's the closest thing to what I had before. I'm "surrounded" by all these different personalities and discuss various things. I enjoy it, don't get me wrong, but it's not enough. Where does somebody like me go to socialize? I wouldn't know where to start.

Last year made me realize that I really don't have the mentality of a "loner". I just live as one. I crave human interaction, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Everything I do, every new person I meet, it all feels so empty. Work is the only thing that keeps my mind off of it.

But anyway, thanks guys, all you regs, for bein' here. I appreciate you all, and you deserve to know that. Without you all, I'd be just a little bit crazier.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You should be interacting more with people your age. Where do they congregate? Maybe you can take a class or two at your local community college. If you don't want to actually take the class, you can look in to auditing them. Then you aren't required to do the work and can sit in on lectures, but you won't be graded.

I suggest a film class or an art class.

Oh - We love you, too.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    I think talking to your friends about their friends would be a good start.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
    I think talking to your friends about their friends would be a good start.
    My friends basically consist of Will and Topher anymore...and their friends are...me. Small group I know. We have various acquaintances but...yeah, nobody we'd hang out with.

I wanted to take classes, but AmeriCorps forbids it unless it has relevance to your project. Considering how much I enjoy my work, maybe I could work something out with my boss...thanks for pointing that out Vash.

And I really do mean it when I say I appreciate you guys. Those kind of words I feel are too infrequently expressed. When one of you isn't around to post for a few days, it doesn't go unnoticed by me. I won't deny, I take you guys for granted, afterall, you're only a click away, but I thought I'd put it out there.

See, in a few hours I'm going to go play dodgeball with a bunch of people my age, and I'm going to have a good time. But after that...boredom will set in again, I just feel like I have so little to look forward to. Hell, today I got to participate in a city-wide disaster drill, had fake blood all over my face and everything, was transported to a hospital and diagnosed. That's cool! I try to do things like that to distract myself. I'm constantly searching for ways to add a little spice to my every day life. Sometimes it results in me involving myself in stupid risky behavior. The idea of putting my head through a wall right now is appealing simply because of the drama it would cause in me going to the hospital.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do you like sports, then? My boys go to the sports center in the winter and play pick-up basketball. In the summer, they just go to the park.

I don't know why you shouldn't be allowed to sit in on a class or two. If you are only auditing, you can skip class with no consequence if something turns up with Americorps.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i've been visiting those "looking for love" sites and probably be talking shit there..hahaha

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

What would I do? I'd do my GD job, that's what I'd do.

But no, I prefer you guys.

lilwing89 Guest
    aside from my friends in ohio(who i never get to talk to anymore) i only have my girlfriend my brother and my band. thats 4 people, so dont feel bad fras.

i dont know what to tell you because im only a senior in high school, just do whatever the f*ck you want!

Fras, i am in the exact situation you are in also. except i dont really have any friends at all. I have one, but he doesn't seem to like being around me much at all. other than that I have work where most everyone is just aquaintances.. i try to be find friends but that is actually pretty hard. i used to rely on my gf for all of this but now she left me and i am left with...nobody. i have you guys.. i really appreciate you all. seriously- you are the only people who like to listen to my crap and are there for me- to bad we all didnt live in the same city or something- we could all get together and hang out or have a few drinks you know?! I need real human contact like everyone else and Its just hard right now especially cause I was just dumped! GAH! but i hope it gets better... i need friends badly right now.
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

Oh, im tryin.
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

aw frizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

you're my friend.

Fras, I gotta say, reading your posts here has been one of the weirder experiences I've had recently. I'm in almost the exact same place you and it's really getting to. It's nice to know I'm not the only one. But all that stuff about fun being short lived and the excitement dwindling immediately after and then about only having a small tight knit group of friends, that's exactly how things are for me right now.

I don't actually have any advice or comments beyond that, just though I'd say something
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling