+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: girls and their fathers

girls and their fathers

When it comes to dating and relationships what role does the father play in a young woman's decisions? Is the father usually a standard that a young woman will try and live up to when finding a boyfriend or husband?

What does it mean when a girl tells you that you remind her of her daddy?

Note: this line was proceeded by "Theres not many men out there like you."

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by intrepido View Post
    Good if she liked her father, bad if she didn't.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by intrepido View Post
    When it comes to dating and relationships what role does the father play in a young woman's decisions? Is the father usually a standard that a young woman will try and live up to when finding a boyfriend or husband?

Note: this line was proceeded by "Theres not many men out there like you."
    She'll most typically try to find a man who was like her dad. The whole, "you remind me of my dad" thing happens ALL the time. Actually, I can't think of a relationship I've been in where she HASN'T said that at least once.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If a woman isn't looking for a man like her dad, then there's a good chance she's looking for somebody who she wished her dad would've been like.
    Last edited by Junket; 11-11-06 at 11:45 PM.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    If a woman isn't looking for a woman like her dad, then there's a good chance she's looking for somebody who she wished her dad would've been like.
    Couldn't agree more.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    A father is the first male a girl will ever love, and therefore becomes the standard by which all guys are measured (assuming he isn't a jackass). Just as sons do with their mothers, girls will overlook a lot of their father's imperfections, but she won't overlook yours.

Anyway, if she said you remind her of her dad, I think that is probably good.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    A father is the first male a girl will ever love, and therefore becomes the standard by which all guys are measured (assuming he isn't a jackass). Just as sons do with their mothers, girls will overlook a lot of their father's imperfections, but she won't overlook yours.

I suppose its based on the Freudian concept of Oedipus & Electra????
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post

Oh by the way. whoose your daddy!!!!
    (I just had to say that!
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry123 View Post

Actually it is the other way around. Oedipus and Electra are based on the realities of mother-son/father-daughter relationships.

Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

i was always hoping that my spouse would be nothing like my father but sometimes ironicly i find some of my father coming out within him. good things though. maybe its something that is just suppose to happen.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.
    nine.twenty-two.oh five

Well, in your case, intrepido, it means she has a fantasy man in her head and she thinks you might fit into her construct. Her father wasn't around when she was growing up (you should've mentioned this important detail), so she doesn't even have a real daddy in her head, let alone in her life.

It's flattering. I'm sure you'll measure up.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Well, in your case, intrepido, it means she has a fantasy man in her head and she thinks you might fit into her construct. Her father wasn't around when she was growing up (you should've mentioned this important detail), so she doesn't even have a real daddy in her head, let alone in her life.

It's flattering. I'm sure you'll measure up.
    thanks giga, its good to hear those things while I figure out what to do about this

Her dad didnt abandone her and her mother, her parents just got divorced, when she was three. But she does see her dad, not as much as her mom whom she lives with of course but she does see him. Recently her mother got engaged but this past weekend broke it off after realizing that the guy may not be quite good enough for her, him not being educated, is what her daughter told me. I am infact well educated Ivy League and want to be a doctor, so I guess thats a good thing but in this conversation she said how her mom is horrible at picking men and that the apple doesnt fall far from the tree. Her mom loved me though and Im a good guy, I just have a feeling that jerks usually want to get with her and thats all they want to do, have the physical relationship when she really is so much more than a pretty face and that a typical nice guy doesnt meet her standards in terms of attractiveness, strength or other fetching qualities. I think I do measure up in all regards and that she really doesnt want to screw things up between us, but I know I need to make a move with her and I will soon.

Thanks again!

That whole 'dating someone who reminds them of the parent of the opposing sex' thing always creeped me out
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

i JUST had a girl who dumped me because i wasnt enough like her father.

Quote Originally Posted by TDurden
    That whole 'dating someone who reminds them of the parent of the opposing sex' thing always creeped me out
    Me too, but then my father was a psycho.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast