+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exercise equipment

Exercise equipment

Is it really bad to put an elliptical machine in your bedroom? I have enough space for it, and i would put it right by my window.

I understand theres a possibility of an odor, and it getting really hot, butttttt if i open the windows, and also have like a de-odorizing spray, will that help? I have a treadmill in the basement, but as lazy as this sounds, I never go to the basement, soooooooo i never use it.

so basically, how bad is it to put an elliptical machine in my room and what would you recommend?

putting an elliptical machine in your bedroom is no different than putting it anywhere else. It just means less room. If you have carpet, you may want to put something on the floor to distribute the weight evenly so you don't get permanent imprints.

i want an eliptical machine. i love them. it's one of the only cardio workouts you can do with your eyes closed.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i want an eliptical machine. i love them. it's one of the only cardio workouts you can do with your eyes closed.
    That's not true. You can run with your eyes closed...into a pole.

Then you would send me the video so I can post about how much of a moron you are on my website.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
    That's not true. You can run with your eyes closed...into a pole.

Then you would send me the video so I can post about how much of a moron you are on my website.
    Your dead website. No update yet neh?

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurasian View Post
    Your dead website. No update yet neh?
    Haha! Well, I need to have something that pisses me off happen. I'm meeting a girl tomorrow who is my twin. Same humor, sarcasm, etc. She's bound to make the People Worth My Time list.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
    Haha! Well, I need to have something that pisses me off happen. I'm meeting a girl tomorrow who is my twin. Same humor, sarcasm, etc. She's bound to make the People Worth My Time list.
    I look forward to it.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have one in my bedroom, and I don't know what you mean about "smell". Mine doesn't smell...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I have one in my bedroom, and I don't know what you mean about "smell". Mine doesn't smell...
    Good morning, dear.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Good morning! Today's the big day!
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Morning? Whats the time, day and date there?

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurasian View Post
    Morning? Whats the time, day and date there?
    For me, it's November 12th, 11:11 AM. For vashti, it's 9:11 AM, October 17th, 1989.

She has a hard time letting go of the past.

Do you really think putting an elliptical machine in your bedroom would inspire you to use it? I bet you said the same thing when you put that treadmill in the basement. You probably thought having equipment in your house would motivate you to use it. I on the other hand don't think it's gonna work out. If you wanted to exercise you would, no matter where the equipment was located.
    So I say spare yourself the trouble and the sweaty gym smell.....Don't put the elliptical machine in your bedroom.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    since you already don't use the treadmill in the basement, i think the eliptical will only take up more space in your room and eventually you'll end up pushing it closer and clsoer to the wall.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by ThatFire1908 View Post
    Do you really think putting an elliptical machine in your bedroom would inspire you to use it? I bet you said the same thing when you put that treadmill in the basement. You probably thought having equipment in your house would motivate you to use it. I on the other hand don't think it's gonna work out. If you wanted to exercise you would, no matter where the equipment was located.
    So I say spare yourself the trouble and the sweaty gym smell.....Don't put the elliptical machine in your bedroom.
    It sounds like you're saying not to get one at all when you say that having it in my house would motivate me at all. I dorm at school and when i go home, i live with my parents. I go to the at gym at school and ONLY use the elliptical machine. I'm not a runner, and i get a lot more tired when im on it than the elliptical.

My question was if it was a bad idea to put it in my room for hygienic purposes? Anyone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast