+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is it just me?

is it just me?

me and my fiance have been engaged since june and we have not yet to set at date for a wedding. i question him about it sometimes and he just says he is nervous and changes the subject fast. im excited for it to happen and he says he is too. and if we have like an "emotional" moment together he says c'mon lets go get married but we dont. am i moving too fast? what should i say to him?
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.
    nine.twenty-two.oh five

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't really consider people engaged until they have set a date because too many people (particularly males) use phony engagements as a way to keep their girl on the line without actually doing anything.

Do you have a ring?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

yes i have had the ring since the day he asked me and i also bought him a ring to show how much i really meant it when i said yes and he wears it too.
    nine.twenty-two.oh five

Quote Originally Posted by one_love_922 View Post
    me and my fiance have been engaged since june and we have not yet to set at date for a wedding. i question him about it sometimes and he just says he is nervous and changes the subject fast. im excited for it to happen and he says he is too. and if we have like an "emotional" moment together he says c'mon lets go get married but we dont. am i moving too fast? what should i say to him?
    You should say to him, "We're getting married in June. We'll have been engaged for a year by then, and that's plenty of time. June is a lovely month and traditionally one for weddings. You get a tux and the rings, I'll make the other arrangements (yes, you will have to do almost everything), and tell you what day to be there. Don't be late, or I'll hunt you down like tha dog you are and kick you 'till you're dead."

Welcome to the world of marital bliss.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you want him to marry you, then, I suggest you tell him you are giving him until ________ to get it together.

EDIT: Giga's plan is good, too. Less wiggle room.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

we thought about just getting married at the courthouse just something small for sake of lake of money. then like renewing wedding vowels a year or two later. but im not even sure how to act upon that.
    nine.twenty-two.oh five

Just go and get a license. I think you can even write your own vows if you want to, and hopefully, you'll get a nice judge.

Marriage: so easy to get into. So hard to get out of.
    Spammer Spanker

then again everyone i mention to about just going to the courthouse, they say you should atleast have something small. but i dont know how small, what to do, or how much?
    nine.twenty-two.oh five

My brother got married at the courthouse and then had a dinner with 10 guests. it was nice.
    Spammer Spanker

were you there at the courthouse when they got married? if so, can you tell me how it happened? and did they dress up?
    nine.twenty-two.oh five

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Getting married isn't about the wedding. It is about joining two people (and their families) into a single family. I agree with Giga - get married in the way you can afford to do it, and don't stress about it any more. Nothing is stupider than beginning married life in debt, anyway.

King Zarathu Guest
    Yes .

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    were you there at the courthouse when they got married? if so, can you tell me how it happened? and did they dress up?
    People who get married in the courthouse usually dress up a bit - not in a wedding gown necessarily, but in a nice white dress and suit.

Ignore Zarathu. Everyone else does.

im just nervous i dont want to walk in there too dressed up or not enough. i mean dont get me wrong i would love to have a nice little ceremony with just acouple friends and family. but thats probably out of the question. if you guys got any advice on anything with this, please feel free.
    nine.twenty-two.oh five

A nice little ceremony with family and friends is what a wedding is supposed to be. This thing with 300 guests and going twenty grand into debt is something created by our ridiculous materialistic modern American society.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast