+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Breaking up to be alone?

Breaking up to be alone?

I know its common to break up with someone to be with someone else, but I'm considering breaking up with a girl just to be alone. But for some reason, that sounds like a bad choice to me.

What do you think?
    [url=http://moeburn.homelinux.com/][/url]

Death is like sex in highschool, because if you knew how many times you missed it, you'd be paralyzed.

King Zarathu Guest
    Why do you feel it's a bad idea? I think it's fine if that's what you really want.

As long as you're happy.

No, it totally makes sense to me.
    Spammer Spanker

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What's wrong with being single, again?

Being single is good, helps you prioritize your life without girls in the way.

m3k
    Last edited by protonjai; 22-11-06 at 12:22 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You are only 17. I think being alone is the best possible thing you could do right now.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    You are only 17. I think being alone is the best possible thing you could do right now.
    Shut up, woman.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
    Shut up, woman.
    You are only 16. You'd be better off staying away from the girls, too. They are trouble at your age.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    You are only 16. You'd be better off staying away from the girls, too. They are trouble at your age.
    Especially the ones with disorders.

Being alone is much, much better than being with someone you don't want to be with or don't have feelings for. Don't feel like you HAVE to be in a relationship.
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

I totally agree. My boyfriend just broke up with me a few weeks ago and I'm certainly not looking to be in a relationship again in a long time. Will probably be single a few years or even longer than that and I don't see why you can't be just single. Life is so much less complicated without relationship issues. You have a lot more time to do other things and you can get back to whats important in life. For me thats probably TV. But it could be anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooky
    I totally agree. My boyfriend just broke up with me a few weeks ago and I'm certainly not looking to be in a relationship again in a long time. Will probably be single a few years or even longer than that and I don't see why you can't be just single.
    I used to talk like that, as recently as six months ago. Now I'm ga-ga. I'm setting my Sooky-timer to see how long it takes you...

Moeburn, what did you do? And this isn't the same girl you were going to buy a ring for, is it?
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I used to talk like that, as recently as six months ago. Now I'm ga-ga. I'm setting my Sooky-timer to see how long it takes you...
    Mmm... I guess it’s within the realms of possibility that I could meet someone within the year. But considering my hermit TV dominated lifestyle its looking particularly dubious. Also I mostly work from home, which doesn't help with the social side of things. I only found the last guy because I went down the online dating route (maybe not the best way ever, but the easiest way for a nerdy loner like me.)

But then again, who knows. I could be taken over by alien mind control and be out partying it up and hooking up with guys next week. Anything’s possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooky View Post
    Mmm... I guess it’s within the realms of possibility that I could meet someone within the year. But considering my hermit TV dominated lifestyle its looking particularly dubious. Also I mostly work from home, which doesn't help with the social side of things. I only found the last guy because I went down the online dating route (maybe not the best way ever, but the easiest way for a nerdy loner like me.)

But then again, who knows. I could be taken over by alien mind control and be out partying it up and hooking up with guys next week. Anything’s possible.
    Yeah I tend to be home alot nowadays. Im trying to find things to do to get me simply out of this damned house.

Sooky- You don't have to look for a new relationship or anything(and i would actually recommend against "looking" for one but never give up hope!

I am tempted to go party like nuts like the rest of the society and especially people my age, but I know I don't like it. I dont like being drunk, nor do I like the idea of casual sex. Sex is something so beautiful to me and I plan on waiting till I find a person with the same view as me. I might be alone forever. Who knows. But no matter, getting out to simply be around people is still a great idea.
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein