+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is She Flirting?

Is She Flirting?

I have a good friend that I have known for 2 years. I met through someone in my old clique. She was dating him at the time. Back then I didn't see her that much then maybe once or twice a week. I really enjoyed the times when I was around her though. We had a lot in common and still do be it movies, music or video games and we share the same group of friends. Our realtionship had always been stricly friends to me she was just one of the guys.

Fast forward a year later. The "friend" she was dating showed his true colors.
    She left him and everyone in the group stuck by her side. So he was out the picture compeletly. My friends and I were trying to set her up with another friend he was a real good guy and she had known him alittle over a year. They hooked up and dated a few times but nothing serious came of it so for the next 6 months she decided to say single.

Over this past summer she finally went out on a date about 3 times a month co workers guys from school. Around this time I realized I was attracted to her. I no longer saw her as just one of the guys. Now back in september I started notice she was acting different around me. I would catch her staring at me and when she saw me she looked away quickly. She asks my opinion for things going on in her personal life. She has been a lot more physical with me in the past 2 months. she will sit right next to me even when there are plenty of other places to sit.

However all this behavior confuses me as she has been going out with a co-worker for a month. Maybe she is more comfortable around me now or
    Is she trying to make me jealous? I pretty sure she doesn't know I'm attracted to her though. I haven't told anyone or done anything to show it.

So is she flirting or do I have an over active imagination?

I think she likes you, or she's noticed that your feelings have changed (this is much harder to hide that you think).

Do you need to be sure it's a go before you make a move? Do you have anything to lose by asking her out, and do you even want to?
    Spammer Spanker

I would like to be sure before I make a move. Plus the bf shes had for a month has put the brakes on flirting with her.

No I think I could handle her saying no to me as long as our friendship remained. Yes I do now more then ever but like I said before her having a bf has gotten me to hold anything off for the moment.

Well, she seems to be in a "casual dating" mode right now, so maybe he won't last long. Then again, maybe you won't either. What do you think about that?
    Spammer Spanker

The sooner he is out of the picture the happier I will be. If she just gives me a chance 1-2 dates I would be ecstatic.

Then at least I could show how I feel and maybe she would rethink the whole casual dating thing.

Quote Originally Posted by FishingMan View Post
    Now back in september I started notice she was acting different around me. I would catch her staring at me and when she saw me she looked away quickly. She asks my opinion for things going on in her personal life. She has been a lot more physical with me in the past 2 months. she will sit right next to me even when there are plenty of other places to sit
    Tell her that you are attracted to her and that you think that she might be as well because you perceive a flirtatious behavior. See how she reacts. (you might need a couple of drinks before to put you at ease because not easy to open up so courageously).

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    NOOO! Never tell a girl you noticed she is flirting unless you want her to stop. It is too forward. Just enjoy her flirting. Not all girls who flirt with you really want you.

If you like her, then tell her you like her and ask her out.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Buy her a couple of drinks too.
    Spammer Spanker

Well I was out with some friends last night and she showed up. She had a new guy with her that was kind of a shocker. I guess the guy she was seeing for the past month broke it off. She introduced everyone to Mike (her new boy toy) he is a nice guy and I talked with him for awhile, but I am competely jealous of him.

Last night was really stressful for me to see her with mike. I tried my best to put on smile and enjoy the night. I found myself drinking more then I normally would.
    While I know Mike is just a rebound it still eats at me seeing him with her.

I'm going to she her Tuesday and it should just the two of us so I can she how acts then. I would buy her some drinks but i'm into the bar/club scene.
    Does anyone think it would be too forward to ask her to go for an evening stroll with me?

Since I know Mike is just a rebound would it be a good time to start flirting with her more?

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by FishingMan View Post
    Well I was out with some friends last night and she showed up. She had a new guy with her that was kind of a shocker. I guess the guy she was seeing for the past month broke it off. She introduced everyone to Mike (her new boy toy) he is a nice guy and I talked with him for awhile, but I am competely jealous of him.

Last night was really stressful for me to see her with mike. I tried my best to put on smile and enjoy the night. I found myself drinking more then I normally would.
    While I know Mike is just a rebound it still eats at me seeing him with her.

I'm going to she her Tuesday and it should just the two of us so I can she how acts then. I would buy her some drinks but i'm into the bar/club scene.
    Does anyone think it would be too forward to ask her to go for an evening stroll with me?

Since I know Mike is just a rebound would it be a good time to start flirting with her more?
    So, she got out of a one month relationship, and is quickly with a new guy?

Yipe.

Yeah, flirt. Why not?

Just don't make yourself another one of her Boy Toys. That'll hurt.
    Spammer Spanker

I think she really2 like you.. let's married hehe
    //stop ads//

She isn't worth it at all. Just notice how quick she jumps from one guy unto another guy... Do you want the same thing to happen with you? Especially now that you "love" her?

I doubt it.