+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Quite possibly the best dance routine ever?

Quite possibly the best dance routine ever?

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzeCPV4LAAw[/url]

Thoughts?

I don't know If I liked it. Kind of depressed me.
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

Mmm.. yeah.. don't know if I'm a fan of the words used here.

"Even though it won't be fullfilling. I want you."

Kinda gives the opposite advice usually given on this forum after a break up. I know you're not meant to take the lyrics too seriously, but still. Looks like the translation might be slightly off as well, theres definately something kind of odd about the phrasing. Although, thinking about it the lyrics of a lot of songs are odd, and theres certainly plenty out there that give bad advice.

After a break up the lyrics of many romantic songs can seem to sing out to you. It can be like they're talking to you, like they totally fit how you feel and your situation. Sometimes when you're really lost you can hear a song about heartbreak, someone singing about how they'd do anything to get their loved one back and its like a sign to you, telling you to do anything it takes to get back your ex. Its pretty scary really, like the dark side of the force is trying to seduce you. But at the end of the day they're just songs that someones made up, (often while drunk I should think ) usually with the aim to make money.

Romantic songs, especially those about heart break should come with a warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooky View Post
    Mmm.. yeah.. don't know if I'm a fan of the words used here.

"Even though it won't be fullfilling. I want you."

Kinda gives the opposite advice usually given on this forum after a break up. I know you're not meant to take the lyrics too seriously, but still. Looks like the translation might be slightly off as well, theres definately something kind of odd about the phrasing. Although, thinking about it the lyrics of a lot of songs are odd, and theres certainly plenty out there that give bad advice.

After a break up the lyrics of many romantic songs can seem to sing out to you. It can be like they're talking to you, like they totally fit how you feel and your situation. Sometimes when you're really lost you can hear a song about heartbreak, someone singing about how they'd do anything to get their loved one back and its like a sign to you, telling you to do anything it takes to get back your ex. Its pretty scary really, like the dark side of the force is trying to seduce you. But at the end of the day they're just songs that someones made up, (often while drunk I should think ) usually with the aim to make money.

Romantic songs, especially those about heart break should come with a warning.
    I completely agree. I can't listen to alot of music cause of the memories tied to the music. Some music makes me feel better though.
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

Yeah but the routine was rather good though, imagine the time that must of taken to put together.