+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it too late? Or should I go for it?

Is it too late? Or should I go for it?

There's a girl in my high school that I've known since freshman year, but we've never really talked since we always had very few classes together.

Anyways, I didn't really know her or even liked her in the slightest until this year (we're seniors). We have a ton of classes together and we some how started to become close friends.

By the second month of school, I had become totally entranced and its the strangest thing since I've never had interest before.

My real question is two fold.
    First, I'm not sure if she is having the same feelings that I'm having. (Sometimes it seems like she's just being friendly, but there have been moments where things get tense. For example, there have been multiple times when we've held gazes longer than what feels normal and she also likes to punch me or tickle me).

Second, we'll probably be leaving for different colleges...will a fresh relationship last long distance? (I'm not a big fan of short bs flings).

All these years I've had no idea what knid of person she is or what her friends are like, plus with graduation just months away, I'm not sure if its worth the shot. Should I try to forget about her as a potential girlfriend and just settle for a friendship?
    "There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people"

-Anonymous

Graduation is six months away, you goof! You make it sound like it's next week.

So, yeah, you've posted all kinds of excuses NOT to even get to know her better. Sounds like you're already convinced. Can I hear the other side of the argument, please? What are some reasons to pursue her?
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you are about to enter a very different phase in your life that would probably not be well-served by tying yourself to one girl. Why don't you just date her casually (assuming she is interested) and move on gracefully when you go off to college?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I'm a huge pessemist/cynic, so Im sorry.

As for the reasons why I woul dpursue this relationship...

First off the reason I feel so strongly about her now is because it wasn't her physical attractiveness that enchanted me (like I said, I didnt think much of her in previous years since we didn't really "know" each other as friends)....it was only after I got to know her that I felt this way. She doesn't wear makeup and isnt overly conscience about how she dresses or does her hair, but her mannerisms and the way she carries herself are totally adorable.

We're also both on similar levels intellectually (our academic records are nearly identical) and although I wouldn't describe us as nerds, we find a lot of common ground in terms of our studies, goals and opinions.

Anyways, its only been about 2 months since I've started developing a crush on her, so I'm not too keen on the details of her interests.

My problem lies with which side of the argument is stronger. Like vashti said, high-school to college is tough, but on the other hand, I'd be willing to make an effort if things go well between me and this girl.

-Anonymous

If you're at the point of making this dceision logically, weighing both sides of the issue like a car purchase, I'd say you don't really like her all that much ANYWAY. If you did, you'd be asking how to do it, not whether to do it.
    Spammer Spanker

You're right....I guess I'm just letting emotions get the best of me and not thinking about logic. I just don't want to end up going away to college and ending my senior year on a sad note.

But any further input on whether or not I should go through with it would be appreciated (I'm hoping someone will convince me to go through with it...the rest of year would be agonizing if I had to sit back and pretend I didn't care every time I see her).

-Anonymous

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzLiteBeer View Post
    Like vashti said, high-school to college is tough, but on the other hand, I'd be willing to make an effort if things go well between me and this girl.
    I think you are over-thinking this way too early. You might date her once or twice and find you don't have as much in common as you thought. Maybe you should go with the flow a little.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Thnx again for the advice...I guess I will see how this friendship plays out and decide whether or not to take it further. And yes, I guess there will always be the possibility that I wont like her all that much after a few dates.

-Anonymous