+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Breaking The Ice

Breaking The Ice

Ok ladies... I love you all!! But there's this girl I like... And I really want to get to know her. We go to same church together, we not really friends even, may be say hi sometimes while in a crowd. So... I'd like you ask you our gentle creations... How do I approach her? I'm not a shy guy, i'm just recovering from nasty break up and really don't want to screw anything up, so what would be good thing to do to get her attention and break the ice? How would you like to be approached and what you want guy do/say?? (I know she's single). Please help with advice. Thank You all!!
    ...The key is, being bold and gallant. She is looking for the knight on the big white Charger that she reads
    about in her stupid romance novels. Remember, after she decides to keep you, she will be throwing
    those books in the fireplace, where they belong, while trying to keep you warm!...
    Doc. Love

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Thats the thing about nasty breakups. You tend to lose your confidence.

But, do you know any of the people she hangs out with at church? Are there any church functions you attend that she does?

Its good you at least say "hi". Thats a start. Take it from there and get to know her. Maybe comment about something and make small talk. If shes interested, she will show it.

I know its never easy to break the ice, but bottom line is someone has to do it.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

What you should do is send her signals that tells her you're interested.. keep that up for few days and she'll prolly be interested.

If not, then i know it takes some nutts to do it, but simply walk up to her and start a conversation with her and start sending signals! If she's interested you'll get some signals too, so keep your eyes open and good luck

Oh and btw, I'm a man, so sorry for interupting ^^

Firstly, is it possible that she knows anything about your previous relationship? Do you have a mutual friend you could sound out about this? Does your ex talk trash about you?

I assume your church will be doing a lot of special thinkgs for the holidays, unless you're JW. I can't remember, anyway, if so, you might have more opportunities than usual to get her e nice hot apple cider or something. Do you even know her name?
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Firstly, is it possible that she knows anything about your previous relationship? Do you have a mutual friend you could sound out about this? Does your ex talk trash about you?

I assume your church will be doing a lot of special thinkgs for the holidays, unless you're JW. I can't remember, anyway, if so, you might have more opportunities than usual to get her e nice hot apple cider or something. Do you even know her name?
    Ya I know her name, it's Lilly... well, I'm working for Holidays, I'm in law enforcement, so I'll probably be pretty busy around Holidays, but she's really nice girl, and i want to hook up with her. She doesn't know me as well but I know a little bit about her that's what data base is for right? She a nice cute little thing and I really like her but it seems to me like she's too good to approach her.... So any suggestions??
    Last edited by SONOIL; 29-11-06 at 11:56 AM.
    ...The key is, being bold and gallant. She is looking for the knight on the big white Charger that she reads
    about in her stupid romance novels. Remember, after she decides to keep you, she will be throwing
    those books in the fireplace, where they belong, while trying to keep you warm!...
    Doc. Love

Well, if she's too good, you'll have to grovel and plead, of course.

Were you always so underconfident, or is that just the result of being burned by the Evil One?
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Well, if she's too good, you'll have to grovel and plead, of course.

Were you always so underconfident, or is that just the result of being burned by the Evil One?
    Yes madam, My confidence suffered greately because of that Evel One! I put so much effort and feelings and sacrifised a lot because of her and for her and you know what I got in return, so being rejected isn't first thing on my list now...
    Doc. Love