+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did you loose your friends from school ?

Did you loose your friends from school ?

I just wanted to ask you this because it is my last year at school. I'm not talking about situation when everybody goes to a different collage in a different town/country. I live in not so big city (population about 1 million) and this is my last year at school. None of my friends are gonna go abroad or to a different city to collage. We are pretty sure that we are all gonna be living and studying here, but I still whant to know hear your opinion on this. There are 4 of us and we are like best friends, I've known theese guys for 12 years and just don't want to loose these guys. I mean we know everything about eachother. There is a guy I know and he lost allmost all of his friends and he thought that that they are gonna be best friends for ever, they just met more rearly untill they just stopped meeting with each other.

Well of ofcourse I'm gonna make new friends in university, but still It would be a pitty if I would loose all of my best friends that I've known for 12 years.

What about you ? How many of your best friends from school are your best friends still ?

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    From school? Zero.

From the town I grew up in? 3.

I've still got one. She's still my best friend. The others were all a bunch of poisonous bitches anyway, along the lines of Mean Girls or Heathers.
    Spammer Spanker

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm still with most of my same buds from Boy Scouts.

I had almost no friends from my highschool.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I'm still with most of my same buds from Boy Scouts.

I had almost no friends from my highschool.
    Pfft, you're too cool for school anyway.

As for the OP - I still have friends from Primary, does that count?

All of my friends went to different schools, not close to each other (or at least not close to me) so I don't see them except on breaks. On breaks, we have a blast - I have a group of about 20-30 friends who get together to hang out and do stuff whenever we're home.

Over Christmas when I get back from Germany for 2 weeks, we'll have our 7th Annual Christmas party - it started with 9 girls freshman year of high school, now it's a group of about 30 close friends, all from our high school class, all of whom I still consider "friends" that I could feel comfortable hanging out with, and some of whom I've become much closer with since high school.

My best friend and I became best friends at the end of 10th grade and now we are closer than ever.

If it sounds like I'm bragging - rest assured, I am: I don't know anyone else who's stayed as close with their high school friends as our group has, and I treasure those friendships more than anything in the world. It takes work, but it's possible, and it is WONDERFUL to have something to return home for (although I'm lucky enough to have a wonderful family too). I know a lot of people who hate going home because they'll spend their whole break/summer just sitting around or drinking with people they don't like.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I still keep close contact with 3 people that I went to high school with. Its funny though, I don't keep any contact with any of my friends from the same grade as me though.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I have one childhood friend that I talk to about once a year or so, but I may not be typical. I came from a very large family, and my best friends are my sisters.
    Are you sisters as conservative as you are?

What are you? Oldest? Middle? Youngest?

I'm gonna guess oldest or middle...but more on oldest.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, I guess I was almost right.

i am actually a college freshman on his first winter break. I've been having a series of reunions with my better pals from high school, about 3-5 of them. Everyone else, tho, acquaintances or simple friends, I haven't really gotten together with. It just does not seem worth it to me to catch up with people whom I wasn't close to back in high school.

People change alot. I have not kept in contact with my best friend from junior high and partly through high school. I have also not kept in contact with one of my best chill-pals in high school. Although I'll likely party with both of them on new years eve

I mean, it depends too. Everyone got split up after high school, and facebook becomes the only thing to keep in touch with, but hardly anyone uses facebook cause I'm from Canada. I don't use Instant messaging anymore since I just don't have time in college. But I mean, its a different situation for everyone. I didn't make any emotionally-attached friendships in high school, so I don't really feel attached to any group of friends.

Well, I mean, in 20 years time, I expect to keep much more in touch with my college friends than high school friends. But even then this is up in the air considering i'm applying for transfers. In the end, the best advice is that only time will tell

Well, the thing is that I'm still in school... But I'm sure that I'll definitely lose them all after I finish because none of them is mature enough to be kept

I lost some friends, but a core group stuck around. And now I'm moving to be closer to them. You need to keep close people close.

always look on the bright side..

As horirble as this sounds - eventually you will start to grow apart and if you really are such great friends then it won't matter if you speak to someone once a day or once a year. A true friend and the bond you have with that friend will last forever - trust me. I moved countries about two years ago and although i don't see my best mates and hardly get a chance to talk to them - when I do its like time hasn't past and we are 16 again!

Just let things happen because you will meet new people and you will pick up different interests and the last thing you want to do is deter new people becoming close to you.