+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ideas. Thoughts. Opinions. Input. Thanks.

Ideas. Thoughts. Opinions. Input. Thanks.

This girl and I are starting to talk more and more. I work with her, though not often since we're both in college (we both commute and live locally). But we swapped emails, eventually numbers, and last night decided to spend a couple hours at the local mall and had a great time.

This week I want to see if she wants to do something. But besides bowling, I have no ideas. It'd be easier if the weather was warm, because she's into hiking and mountain biking, however it's cold as hell and outdoorsy stuff is out. Dinner and movies I don't want to do now, because at the movies we can't really talk, and I want it to be in an environment where we can talk and just joke around. Dinner I'd like to do after we have a few more "dates" and see how that goes.

Skating is kind of a bad idea, because she's not into it and it kills my feet. So besides bowling, I can't really find anything else.

So, any ideas?

I thought about that. But the only place for coffee around here would be to barnes and noble or something... and I'm trying to avoid that, simply because she told me her and her mom did that yesterday. Maybe a bit later on, I'm not ruling it out, but I know there's gotta be other things we can do.

Hey Blue!
    Well, you could just drive...flip a coin at each intersection or major stop light to see if you turn right or left.

Then there's going antiquing...buy a small peice of ugly furniture and restore it together (this may take a few dates) and when you're done give it to her as a gift.

You could take her to wine tasting or something like that.

I wouldn't have any idea where to go for wine tasting. Coffee tasting might be a little more realistic.

Maybe I'll stick to bowling and see what happens. But I'll ask her if she'd be up for hiking, who knows maybe she's pretty hardcore and would deal with 35 degree temps for an afternoon our on the rocks.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How about out to dinner? Find out what kind of places she likes to eat at. Then you can actually have conversation during and afterwards. I would say coffee at Starbucks, but I hear that place is a pickup joint...hehe.<--- (According to one of my male friends.) Are there any other coffee places around there? Also, you could invite her over to watch a movie. Go to a place and rent one together. Bowling works too. That is fun.

Yeah winter kinda limits you to what you can do.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellynn View Post
    I would say coffee at Starbucks, but I hear that place is a pickup joint...hehe.<--- (According to one of my male friends.)
    It's ****ing gold.

Seriously.

I've actually never been to starbucks... I wouldn't think of a place like that to be a pickup joint. Interesting.

I was TRYING to hold off on dinner until later, and just do more casual things for now. I'll ask her if she still hikes and bikes in the cold weather, and if she does then maybe that'll be an idea. We'll see what happens I guess.

Any more ideas?

edit - Inviting her over for a movie would be good, IF my parents would be out of the house. Reason I say that is, upstairs we have a widescreen plasma and surround sound, and that's about it. In my room, all there is is a small TV, a computer chair, and a bed. I wouldn't want to make her feel uncomfortable and watch a movie in my room with that being the only place to sit down. But that's where I'm kind of stuck at.
    Last edited by blue toxin; 05-12-06 at 12:50 AM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Death to Starbucks.

Hooray for Wawa!

edit - Inviting her over for a movie would be good, IF my parents would be out of the house. Reason I say that is, upstairs we have a widescreen plasma and surround sound, and that's about it. In my room, all there is is a small TV, a computer chair, and a bed. I wouldn't want to make her feel uncomfortable and watch a movie in my room with that being the only place to sit down. But that's where I'm kind of stuck at.
    I wouldn't recommend inviting her over. I would never go over at a guys house on a first date. I would immediately start suspecting a guys motives for doing so.

Dinner: Nope. Very uncomfortable setting for the first few dates. Some ideas:

- Go feed the birds in the park. So what if it's cold?
    - Go drink a smoothie.
    - Play bingo
    - Visit a pet store
    - Take dance lessons together
    - Play hide and seek
    - Visit a museum
    - Go do some volunteering together
    - Go watch the stars but make sure the sky is clear and you've brought some hot drinks along with a few blankets to keep you both warm.

GOOD LUCK!!

Taranee, that gave me a great idea. The last thing you said, about watching the stars and whatnot, that's perfectly workable because she told me there's this spot by the river (very close to her house) where she goes to relax when she's stressed out from school. She even said if I'm interested sometime maybe she can show me that place. Maybe we can go there and watch the sunset and possibly stars. Thanks!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I wonder what's cause human's compulsion to run off and find alone time with their potential mates.

During a global sex study this behavior was found virtually across the board.

Hahaha, yeah you must be a city girl. She's lived in this area her whole life, and so have I. Little different for us I would imagine.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I must be a city girl, because the idea of going to a secluded spot by the river at night for a first date is conjuring up images of the movie "Delieverance" for me. Scary.
    No Vash, you've simply forgotten what it's like to have something romantic done for you by a potential mate in pursuit. It's not your fault, you've become jaded with age.

anachronistic Guest
    my gf and i always have alone time together

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Those other suggestions were good ideas!
    But, I have gone to a guys house on the first date. It was nice to just hang out and chill. He also lived on his own or had roommates. It also was easier to tell what he was after. If he was a gentleman the whole time, I didn't get the impression he was out for just sex. But, I can see how some girls would think that. I guess thats my way of telling what the guys motives really are. If he can have me over and we can have a nice time without sex(especially in the beginning) then I know its worth a shot.

But seeing you still live with the 'rents, I probably would not have her over. Try doing something creative, and hopefully it will work out for you.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast