+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever met a guy/girl who later admitted to knowing all along they had an std?

Have you ever met a guy/girl who later admitted to knowing all along they had an std?

I was just sitting here thinking, with all the kinds of people there are in the world, have you ever been friends with someone, then started dating, then things got heavy, and they were like, oh yeah btw I have aids? I saw an all dating network online which was only for people who were hiv positive, that way they weren't risking on spreading the infection and were with somebody that was sharing the same life changing event they were going through. But then it got me thinking, I wonder... if someone is HIV positive or whatever else positive, knows about it, and keeps it from the other party until things are REALLY serious. Then what? Has anybody ever been in that position?

No, but I do know a girl who had herpes and gave them to her new boyfriend because she was too embarassed to tell him about it.

I think she should have had her vagina taken away.
    Spammer Spanker

that is ****ed up.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I always kind of felt it was necessary to talk about that sort of stuff, and kind of open the door for anything that may have to be said. But I was just thinking, WHAT IF that person didn't say anything when that door was open?...

I think it so wrong of a women to not tell her parner if she have hiv or herpes. That really is bad. I can guess it would be embarrassing but come on they deserve to know.

Its one thing openly telling a potential partner that he/she has a STD prior to contact..
    Its a entire different thing when they KNOW they have it but DONT tell their partner.

I believe there has been some cases of people deliberatly spreading an STD. I believe in most places now that person can be arrested as they pose a danger to society. There are LAWS against it.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

there are many of cases actually. that on top of the fact that many people walk around not even knowing they have an std and giving it to many people. it is scary. that's why you have to wrap up or keep it hidden away. people also carry diseases for which there are symptoms only for the partner. when guys carry clamydia (sp) there are no symptoms until a girl calls him and tells him he infected her, which is embarassing and a total romance killer.

you really have to watch out for the ones that there is no cure for and has the potential to make the rest of your life miserable and stressful, like herpes, aids, hepatitis, etc. can you imagine having to tell a new friend that you have one of those diseases, it would suck. there is a lot of it going around, more than people care to realize.

anyway, i've never had to tell a new partner that i have a disease, and i haven't ever been told anything like that. i'm not sure what i would do if somebody told they had aids and i had been dating them. maybe it's selfish but i guess i would feel cheated. like someone i cared about didn't care about themselves enough to protect their health. but then again, a lot of people don't know. i think i'll just consider myself lucky that i've never been put in that position.

[/rant] lol.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey miso - I know a woman whose husband unknowingly gave her the HPV virus. (He was asymtomatic, as are most men.) She has to go in for a bit of surgery now to see if they can save her uterus without giving her a hysterectomy. She is only 38.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

wow. i know this couple that after they had a daughter together he found out he was HIV positive. the little girl is about ten years old and is HIV positive as well.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've heard of that happening, and it was intentional. I think thats almost like an attempted murder charge, mainly when dealing with HIV/AIDs.

How people could do that? I don't know. But they obviously are bitter.

Whats so hard about getting yourself checked and tested?
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Nothing at all, and at this point I think there's a certain amount of social stigma attached to NOT getting tested. Responsible people get tested. That is all.
    Spammer Spanker

I actually asked out of the blue at a routine doctor visit the other day for an hiv/aids/hepatitis test to be done.

Why?

Well I was in there just because I want to keep on top of being healthy and I'm trying to make doctor visits a once a year thing. The more I sat in that chair before the doctor came in, the more I began to realize... I been seeing this girl lately, we're not dating, but we've been spending a lot of 1 on 1 time together and things have that "set future", or at least it feels like it.

Here's the situation I'm running into:

We're going out thursday night, and I planned to talk to her and make things "official."

The catch? I won't have the results until friday. Hmm... I'm nearly positive I'm safe. Why do I say nearly? Well, I never been tested before, who knows! But I've ALWAYS played it safe, so I'm really not worried.

I've thought about talking to her and seeing if we can push the date to friday, since I'd get the results friday morning. But then again, I'm so damn sure I'm okay that I'm just kind of "blah" about it and thinking, get a grip dude, you're fine, ask her on thurs.

Meh.

So tell me folks, how would YOU talk to a potential partner about getting tested? How do you talk to someone you HAVENT had sex with that you think it's wise to get tested? I simply can't jog this out of my mind, because quite frankly I feel like if I talk to a girl about sex and getting tested, it's obviously being responsible and serious... which no matter how much I stress it, STILL gives the vibe that I eventually want sex. I can't help but to think women would get so turned off by that. But in reality, how do you do it? How would you talk to a new girlfriend or new boyfriend about getting tested?

Got the results back. All negative. Just a word of advice to you folks out there, it makes me feel so much better about myself knowing that I'm healthy and now I can be without any worry, even though I really had nothing to worry about in the first place, but that's just how I get with medical things.

I feel so good now knowing that I can say with a confident smile to my future partner "Yes, I have been tested."

If you haven't gotten tested, get it done. It's really simple and makes everything seem better just knowing you have an answer no matter how "sure" you may be.

anachronistic Guest
    if they don't tell you they have stds, isn't that illegal? i believe you can sue them or takethem to court or something...

google for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast