+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol

Alcohol

Foshizzle on the alcohizzle, my nizzle? Forgizzle izzle!

BOOZE

What do you guys think about the alcohizzle? Foshizzle? Or forgizzle izzle?

Here's my POV.

I do NOT like alcohol. Beer tastes like shit, I need to be drunk before I can down it, and it serves no purpose plus is unhealthy. I never buy beer for myself, although I stack up the HypnotiQ and Hennessy for my parties. Nonetheless, if you want to be able to mack at a club, you should stay off the alcohol because it messes up your skills. Don't give me none of that "it kills the fear" type of BS... because thats what it is... BS. You are not less afraid when you drink a beer or two, in fact, you are more controlled by your emotions than before, unless you down so much that you are controlled by the involuntary contractions of your stomach which leaves a nasty aftertaste in your mouth.

Secondly, do NOT buy women drinks. If you do they'll use you to finance their night. The only exception is if you've talked to her for a long enough time and feel some good vibe. Otherwise, if she asks you for a drink get her a glass of water. It is, however, okay for her to buy YOU a drink, and this should be the only alcohol you ever consume at a club, and even then its in moderation.

MVP has spoken.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

I am also very opposed to beer. It tastes like shit, and I don't understand how people who say its an "aquired taste" get used to it in the first place. I can't even down a single mouthful before I feel like im gonna puke.
    "Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes."

"Even if you don't like beer you'll like this beer." There's a bullshit line, all beer tastes the same, like a rabid monkey asshole. All I ever drink is Vodka and Sake, gotta have my clear liquors. I only drink at parties and I only do so very few and far between. I got drunk on new years and won't be thinking about taking another drink until summer, maybe later. All things are good in moderation. Personally I like getting a little out of it so it breaks the tension (alcohol DOES break down inhibitions, not one or two beers but getting nice and toasty allows for me to easily converse with anyone in the room). As for it being detrimental to skills with ladies, I am not nor shall I ever be a "macker" so it doesn't apply to me. I'm not interested in such things.
    Heit ist mein taug.

I guess its too each its own, but alcohol consumed in large amounts can be detrimental to anyone who wants to "play"

even little amounts. I like to drink now and then, and the hard stuff, well, been there and done that too long ago. Recently tried that shit with gold flakes in it GOLDSHLIGGER whatever its called, holy hell will clear your sinuses in no time flat. I HATE the bed spins and pukingfoam all night. Now I take it real easy IF I drink at all! But it can be fun in the right atmosphere.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Its okay to like to drink alcohol. But never self-medicate, also, when researchers tested whether alcohol kills your fear they gave guys alcohol that was masked with other tastes and lemonade that was masked with the same tastes. Both groups were told that they had consumed alcohol and both groups were equally sexual in their behavior, they were equally uninhibited, and equally fearful//fearless. Its a placebo, alcohol does not kill your fear, but if thats what it takes for you to trick yourself, go ahead. But its nice to not need an object to do it (regardless of your goals).

A more important note, and feel free to chime in:

NEVER BUY WOMEN DRINKS
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

also, when researchers tested whether alcohol kills your fear they gave guys alcohol that was masked with other tastes and lemonade that was masked with the same tastes. Both groups were told that they had consumed alcohol and both groups were equally sexual in their behavior, they were equally uninhibited, and equally fearful//fearless.
    My psych teacher told us about another study like this too. Researchers sponsored two frat parties. One with kegs of non-alcoholic beer, and one with regular beer. The people loosened up and acted the same at both parties. So while yes alcohol does obviously impede your thinking, it's funny how a placebo made people more outgoing too.

I agree. Don't buy a woman drinks. The only time I would buy a woman a drink is if she was MY woman and we're dating. I would never buy a girl a drink in order to get to know her. On the other hand, a funny line like, "Hey, I've been waiting for you to buy me a drink. What gives?" will probably do better in making her remember you and think about you differently than all the men who generously slap down a five dollar bill and say, "It's on me."

As for me personally, I don't drink often. I do drink socially, but whenever I do, it's not beer. My preference is a whiskey sour or straight Captain Morgan's spiced rum. Whiskey sour's my fav. Every now and then I get trashed (meaning like two or three times a year) on special holidays. New Year's, Fourth of July, my birthday (yes, a holiday!), Christmas maybe, etc. Reminds me of a good story which I'll post in a bit . . .

Alexi

this is right up my alley! I love beer .. actually one.. Guinness.. Thats it! But I have to say that WINE is my true passion. I love all kinds of wine.. I love learning about it.. going to wineries ... I think it's my Italian heritage.. it just fits..

BUT! I like Jameson's too.. Irish Whiskey ... yum.
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

If you still use the word "mack", you shouldn't even allowed to drink yet.

Originally posted by MVPlaya
    NEVER BUY WOMEN DRINKS
    I completely agree with this point. But I disagree with your placebo effect of alcohol. I don't doubt that it works with beer but I can garauntee if you give me a placebo in place of my usual 10-15 shots of 80 proof smirnoff, I seriously doubt I'm gonna be as social. As far as acting just as sexual as those not taking the placebo, that's male nature and has nothing to do with alcohol. Men are sluts. I find I don't move for anything sexual drunk or sober. Either way it's a good discussion though. Oh and IceQueen, that was hilarious. Always refreshing to hear from you.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Well, I'd have to give you a point on 10 to 15 shots of Smirnoff, but I've never thought of downing that much to be a little more active. I was thinking of the guy who hits back one battle like he's taking a bullet to the chest and then says "I'm going in" as he stumbles over to some unreceptive girl. Well, I usually don't drink alcohol because I'm less energetic, I don't wanna dance as much, and when talking to girls I'm less of my witty self. Also, I usually drive so that factors in.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

Yeah, I figured you were talking about those kinds of guys. I don't drink all that hard liquor with any intention of meeting new people, but I find that it makes it easier to be able to stand people I normally couldn't.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Can I ask why it is bad for you guys to buy women drinks? Is it because your afraid we'll take advantage or thats its "not cool"?
    Just curious.. guys buy me drink when I go out. I dont think its bad but should I be refusing them? Am I leading them on in some way by taking them?
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Well, the women I hit on at clubs/bars are 8 & up and they are accustomed to men buying them drinks so i don't do it for a couple reasons:

1. I'll be like every other guy + it changes it form a fun flirty convo to a traditional courtship where I buy the drink, then have to ask x y z, then ask for her #. I hate that. I just wanna have a fun convo.

2. Women have games where they try to get guys to finance their nights. I have better thigns to do than be one of those.

3. I don't even know if she's that interesting, why waste money on her?

There's more but I have hangover from last night... (2 girls bought me the drinks)
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

that's cool. When ever a guy bought me a drink, I'd just nod and say thanks, if not interested wouldn't look at him at all. But I dont drink that often, and when I do it's usually for an occasion.

And hey, MVP you dance? HOW COOL IS THAT? Not a lot of guys do, and it's always nice to see a guy out there having just as much fun as we are!! You rock!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

lol.. way to turn the tables... you didnt amswer my question though. I am not trying to have a guy "fiance" my night. I most likely make more money then he does anyway.

Should I be refusing them?
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast