+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Romantic Love.

Hmmmmmm...

I find myself wanting to discard the idea of love being a simple chemical reaction in which we are addicted to. Call me a hopeless romantic... but I just can't accept that.

So there are indeed chemicals going nuts in our head but there must be more to it than that. Grr - Im gonna have to think on this one for a while.
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Hmmmmmm...

I find myself wanting to discard the idea of love being a simple chemical reaction in which we are addicted to. Call me a hopeless romantic... but I just can't accept that.

So there are indeed chemicals going nuts in our head but there must be more to it than that. Grr - Im gonna have to think on this one for a while.
    Do you practice any kind of religion?

Nope, although recently I have been pursuing "God". Im seeking him out if he is out there.

Why do you ask exactly?
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Nope, although recently I have been pursuing "God". Im seeking him out if he is out there.

Why do you ask exactly?
    Just curious as to your suggestion that there's "more" to love than the chemicals that seep into our brain juice.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    You've a dradle for an avatar, yet you've no religion? I definitely took you for being Jewish.

And ironically, Fras, what is that avatar of yours?
    It's a modified swastika.

Don't ask, I won't go into it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Real love makes you a better person. No matter what happens, you get to keep that.

It's always worth it.
    Once again, Giga knows it. Love is a wonderful experience, even if its taken away or ends bad. With experiences we learn. We live to experience things, and love is one of (if not the most) amazing learning we can undertake as humans. If you dont want to experience, then you will not learn, and you will only wallow in your own ignorance.
    Be true to yourself, this includes taking a step back and realizing that the best thing isnt always the easiest thing in front of you.

Myspace: [url]http://www.myspace.com/131869944[/url]

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by elNatural View Post
    then you will not learn, and you will only wallow in your own ignorance.
    Ah, but you forget, the ignorant don't wallow...

They smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    Ah, but you forget, the ignorant don't wallow...

They smile.
    Frasbee.
    Spammer Spanker

My avatar looked cool to I picked it... I had no idea what it meant... lol Speaking of ignorance... lawl

Anyways... yeah so I think love is a great thing but.. I don't know. Its an amazing experience but when you lose it you actually can be driven to suicide... It can get that bad.. and it did..

Would I rather be ignorant and be safe from such a terrible possibility or experience it and take that risk...

I suppose its my choice of course... but its becoming tough.

In the end.. Im sure I will love again... I don't think I can exactly stop myself.. lol

Speaking of getting depressed over a breakup, how's Glitterballs doing, Zach?
    Spammer Spanker

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Frasbee.
    ?

Yes?

Well, she was doing fine but I haven't talked to her in a long time. She hasn't been online at all and won't answer her phone (not uncommon). Im gonna try n call her again now actually.

I guess her boyfriend told her now he isnt sure what he wants and might want her back giving her hope and I think its just sad that she is going through all this still.. gah!

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    ?

Yes?

Well, she was doing fine but I haven't talked to her in a long time. She hasn't been online at all and won't answer her phone (not uncommon). Im gonna try n call her again now actually.

I guess her boyfriend told her now he isnt sure what he wants and might want her back giving her hope and I think its just sad that she is going through all this still.. gah!
    Nooooooooooo! That ****er! Can't he just let her make a clean break and get on with her life?
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    All us guys should get together and cry about it.

Then afterwards we can grab a few pizzas, steaks and play some Halo.
    Pizza… steaks… Halo!!! Awesome!!!
    I know I'm not exactly a guy (huh hum), but I’d be honoured if I could join this Halo gang. Just started Halo 2 again. Such an awesome way to kill time and to get over relationship blues. Just blast them into oblivion!

As for romantic love, I'd say it can be worth it, if only for the experience. We all need experience to improve our ability to navigate this cruel world and without experiencing the pains of love loss you can't really appreciate how devastating love loss can be. When we’ve gone through the whole love-loss nightmare, we learn ways to deal with it and are better able to help others in the same situation (in theory at least).

Personally I feel experiencing a break-up was more like a warning to me, kind of like a “red alert time” in my life when I realised just how badly our emotions can torment us. Looking at it logically is kind of a comfort to me. Knowing emotions are essentially just the result of chemical reactions in the brain, and studying these reactions helps me to know my enemy (emotions). Often emotions will win, in fact nearly always emotions will win, but that doesn’t mean we should give up trying to combat them. Emotions use chemicals as a way to distort our view of the world and entice us into relationships.

Of course some times emotions are an ally and make us feel good, confident and happy. But when emotions take over, (eg- when we're incredibly depressed due to break up blues)… we must remember that brain chemicals are the enemy, depression is the enemy and fight back! And the only way to really know depressions' weakness is to experience it. Once you've experienced it you learn ways to fight against it.

Anyway, that’s the lesson I have learnt from experiencing love-loss. If you would like more ramblings on how emotions are the enemy please PM me. Thank you for your time.

PS- Remember Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooky View Post
    Pizza… steaks… Halo!!! Awesome!!!
    I know I'm not exactly a guy (huh hum), but I’d be honoured if I could join this Halo gang. Just started Halo 2 again. Such an awesome way to kill time and to get over relationship blues. Just blast them into oblivion!
    Chica, if you have Xbox LIVE, you gotta gimme your gamertag.

I have yet to game with any of the LF members.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast