+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet guy

Internet guy

So recently I met this guy on the Internet. Straight up he wanted me to send him my pics. He messaged me and he says he's not after anything. That we have alot in common(so he says) and that he wants to exchange e-mail in order for us to chat regularly to get to know one another and find more things that we have in common. Sounds innocent doesn't it, just a few problems though:

A) The point is though, that I don't like to chat with strangers. I only chat with people who I know personally. I used to chat with strangers a long time ago but something happened and I decided to quit.

B) I don't really feel comfortable sending any of my pictures to him. Or anyone else on the Internet.

C) He says he's not after anything yet he wants to chat with me regularly. WHY? Maybe i'm seeing things here but i want to know what i'm getting myself into BEFORE I'm getting myself into it. Since i'm not an expert when it comes to guys what does he want from me?

D) I'm still trying to get over that guy. I know I'm not in a relationship but it just feels like I'm doing something wrong.

E) Maybe this is irrelevant in this case but he apparantly has a **** buddy he regularly sees. It just makes me think that perhaps that's why he's contacted me. Why else would he want to see pictures of me?

I really am desperate of trying to get over the guy I love so what should I do, should I go for it? Should I just stop overanalyzing and give him my e-mail or not?

The guy sounds creepy.

I wouldn't send him anything if I were you, the whole situation is too suspicious.
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

Thanks TDurden, I thought that perhaps I was having creepy feelings because of my lack in experience with people over the Internet.

sazzya1987 Guest
    I agree with TDurden, the guy sounds creepy!

He sounds like Zarathu. You're being paranoid. People chat on the internet to get to know one another. You don't meet them in person. What's the ****ing point of posting online if you don't want to talk to people?
    Spammer Spanker

I'd agree but they haven't been talking very long at all. It's different if it's someone you know well over the internet. Personally I wouldn't be sending pictures to someone I just started talking to.
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

Some girl threw four pics of herself up in a thread yesterday after being here for one day- that's nuts.

Yeah, I think the pics thing is kinda... unnecessary. Does it really matter what people look like? Really? I have no idea what you look like, Ben, and i don't think it detracts from my knowledge of you.
    Spammer Spanker

Does it really matter what people look like? Really?
    It really depends on what the intentions of the people chatting to each other are. If they are looking to hook up online then I would say yes, but if they just want to be friends then I would say no,

Good point, J.

Taranee, this wasn't on a dating site, was it? If it was a dating site, it's entirely appropriate for him to request pics before giving you the time of day and that's just how that works.

If it was LF, he just needs to settle down.
    Spammer Spanker

People chat on the internet to get to know one another. You don't meet them in person. What's the ****ing point of posting online if you don't want to talk to people?
    There’s nothing wrong with chatting one on one per se. I’ve done it years ago for quite some time on ICQ and Yahoo!. However I quit when I met creeps on several occasions who were looking for cybersex, phonesex etc. I do not have any problems posting on a forum. It’s not like I don’t want to talk to people. I just draw a line somewhere. The truth is there are a lot of sick weirdo’s out there so I’m just trying to protect myself. That’s what I mean with that I have a lack in experience on this matter. I've never shared my pictures or personal information. You don’t know who to trust.

I'd agree but they haven't been talking very long at all.
    I have posted on that forum 2 maybe 3 times. This guy asked me to post my pictures on a “public” forum. He asked me twice in a row! I don’t even know who this guy is. I didn’t have Internet connection for quite a few days so today I read his private messages I’ve been telling about. So how can we possibly have anything in common already!

Taranee, this wasn't on a dating site, was it? If it was a dating site, it's entirely appropriate for him to request pics before giving you the time of day and that's just how that works.

If it was LF, he just needs to settle down.
    Well it seemed like “normal” general forum. General chitchat about Christmas, the news etc. There’s also something I forgot to mention. I posted 1 reply to a topic and he guessed my zodiac sign! Instantly! My profile is empty by the way.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This guy sounds kinda creepy. First of all, he says you have a lot in common. IF your profile is empty, how does he know this? From 2 maybe 3 posts? Weird. Also your zodiac sign could be a coincidence. But still weird.

If your not comfy with posting your pics, then don't. If your not comfy talking with him anymore, then don't.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Ok, so I replied to him. I politely told him I'm not comfortable about sending private information to him. That I have no problem interacting with him on that forum.

I got another reply from him asking once again for my email & photos. I'm just going to ignore this.

Thank you all for your input.

Hey Taranee...I notice you're in the bushes watching my every move...could you send me your pics of me? I have a fetish...and myself and I have alot in common...
    No problem. It is going to cost you though. I don't just around stand around in the bushes without getting paid in full. Do you also want the 5 videotapes I have of you?

We all do. No one has any idea what he looks like.

Usually, I don't even think about this, but I'm really curious about him and Henry123.
    Spammer Spanker

That you're the sexiest?
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast