+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interracial Love-Family Problems

Interracial Love-Family Problems

I am currently dating a black guy and I'm white. I live in Hickville Kentucky so basically we face our fair share of problems being a interracial couple. Most of my family is pretty accomidating to me dating a black guy (They either don't mind or they accept it). My dad on the other hand is psycho about it. He even at one point when I was talking to another black guy, threatened to disown me by talking about taking me out of his life inssuance and health insuurance. I don't live with my dad, he lives 2 hours away and I never see him, so basically I could care less how he feels about it.
    The problem is that my dad is coming down to my grandmothers house for Christmas Dinner on Christmas Eve and my grandmother has invited my boyfriend to the same dinner.
    My dad is the one person who I know who would probably make a scene about this...
    So I don't know what I should do....
    Should I uninvite my boyfriend (I want him to come to this dinner sooooooooo bad) or should I just take him and hope the entire time my dad holds his tounge? There is also the option of calling my dad and telling him my boyfriend is going to be there, but that just might make him more mad.
    I am so torn because I have been so excited ever since my grandmother invited him until earlier today when the thought crossed my mind that my dad is going to be there.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I say call your dad and tell him. See how he reacts. Maybe he'll get so pissed off he'll refuse to come. If nothing else, his response will help you gauge what to expect during dinner. If he's an asshole about it and still insists on coming, maybe it would be best to talk to your boyfriend and explain the situation. If he isn't comfortable he can choose not to come.

Yes, make very sure your boyfriend is aware of what he might be walking into. It sounds like your dad will most assuredly make a big, ugly scene. I like Grib's idea of trying to piss him off so he doesn't come.
    Spammer Spanker

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wow, tough situation. But, since you aren't too concerned about how your dad feels about this relationship, I say show up w/ your bf. (But definately make your bf aware of how your dad feels beforehand.)

Also maybe a heads up to your dad would be good. Maybe he will learn to put his feelings aside for a day and be mature about the whole situation.

Yeah sounds like a long shot, but you deserve to be happy too.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Interacial stuff is always touchy. I agree, call your dad and see what happens. If he is still coming, I would try to do your best and explain to your boyfriend how your father is. Best of luck with the situation though dear, its a tough one.
    "So tonight, when you're wondering what to say, or how you look, or whether or not she likes you, just remember, she is already out with you. That means she said yes when she could have said no. That means she made a plan when she could have just blown you off. So that means it is no longer your job to try to make her like you. It is your job not to mess it up."

-Hitch

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Inter-racial relationships are so last generation.

People need to learn to grow up.

Gay and incest relationships are all the rage these days.

Yup. My brother and I are such a hot couple...

Frasbee, you're silly.
    Spammer Spanker

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So if I bang my male cousin does that make me doubly awesome?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    So if I bang my male cousin does that make me doubly awesome?
    Instant celebrity status.

That was supposed to be a joke...but if such a thing were made public...

I believe that you should talk with your father about this issue he has against you dating black guys.It's time for you to settle this matter,you cannot afford to loose someone you love just because your father has something against his race.
    My Authored Books and Website about Online Dating

Chemistry and Numbers: The Online Dating Guide and Website
    [URL="http://www.chemistryandnumbers.com"]http://www.chemistryandnumbers.com[/URL]

Chemistry and Numbers 2: Sexy, Funny, Horrifying, and Yes, Successful Online Dating Stories from more than 50 Online Daters
    [URL="http://www.chemistryandnumbers.com"]http://www.chemistryandnumbers.com[/URL]

Personally, I think you should break up with your BF. Interacial relationships are inhumane. Filth.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurasian View Post
    Personally, I think you should break up with your BF. Interacial relationships are inhumane. Filth.
    I agree.

They result in the likes of us two.

Do you want spiteful little mutts runnin' around yer house?

Definitely let your father know that your boyfriend will be there. Also let your boyfriend know how your father feels and that he may be there. If you want a future relationship with your father, you need to talk with him at length about his feelings -- find out his concerns and maybe help him work through his fears.

Of course you should. Call your Dad and tell him. Oh and if you have the guts; tell him that he can **** off of the Xmas dinner if he wants to. The interracial couples are, I find, so cute! Like, I think once I had a crush on me who was Caucasian and I'm Asian but it's still all good. Make the right choice. Might also wanna discuss it with your boyfriend. See how he feels but of course don't uninvite him.

~Best of Luck
    Defeat is only bitter if you swallow it

Love is like a mountain,
    hard to climb,
    but once you get to the top
    the view is beautiful.

- Daniel Monroe Tuttle -

<33 Badminton ┐[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[URL=http://www.saiyanisland.com]
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Inter-racial relationships are so last generation.

People need to learn to grow up.

Gay and incest relationships are all the rage these days.
    Dude, I was watching Cheaters the other day and this chick was cheating on her boyfriend with her cousin. The host asks her about it, kindly but still like "what the ****?", and she goes, I shit you not, "Damn, it's the 21st century. Get over it."

Apparently the new millenium requires web-footed children
    Last edited by TDurden; 20-12-06 at 11:29 PM.
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast