+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Religious Differences

Religious Differences

hey everyone I have a little problem with this girl I know named Theresa. You see we met about two weeks ago. We really hit it off and I could tell we had a lot in common. Well I asked her out yesterday and she said yes, But the thing is her mom refuses to let us date because Im not religious. Theresa doesn't care that I'm not religious but her mom says she can only date people that are Catholic. I know if her mom would take the time to get to know me should would understand that I'm not a bad guy. However, she won't even meet me. She thinks that it would be a waste of her time. I need to get some advice on how to deal with this whole thing.
    -FL

Her mom's a dumb ****ing bitch. Date the girl anyway... keep it to yourselves. Don't ever let people pull trick shit like this on you. Mom is ****ing stupid, let her be, a real Catholic wouldn't discriminate like this.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

You're dating the girl not her mom. Sneak around it. Either meet her secretly or have her tell your mom that you've started to attend catholic church in order that you may date her daughter that you like so much. Figure something out.

Hi there!

My relationship has a religious difference. I am an atheist and my partner a Protestant.

I would agree with the other posts - ignore her mom. That's easy for you to do.

The problem is that Theresa may not be able to. Parents have a strong influence on their kids, even if they say nothing.

My partner and I have a lot of trouble because of things she worries that her parents might think. We've been together for many, many years and she worries about "living in sin", sleeping together (what would her parents think if they found out) etc.

Things between my partner and me are not good right now. I feel like I'm in a relationship between her and her parents.

My 2 cents: Unless you're sure that she's her own person, forget it. Even if you are sure, be wary.

Originally posted by MVPlaya
    Her mom's a dumb ****ing bitch. Date the girl anyway... keep it to yourselves. Don't ever let people pull trick shit like this on you. Mom is ****ing stupid, let her be, a real Catholic wouldn't discriminate like this.
    I agree whole heartedly with this. These kinda people REALLY make me angry. Catholics tend to be the most ridiculously close minded people in existance. If her mom won't meet you, just go over there and pick her up anyway and act nice to her mom. She's the bad guy here.
    Heit ist mein taug.

I agree too... I am a Roman Catholic... Organized relgion is just a "club" ... let it go.. be good to her Mom, be respectful and all should work itself out. My dad freaked when I started to date. He got over it. We are all individuals and should be treated as so.
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

My 2 cents: Unless you're sure that she's her own person, forget it. Even if you are sure, be wary.
    I am very sure. She doesn't have one doubt her mind that it won't work because I'm not Catholic. Even so, I'll take your word on it and be wary. Thanx
    "Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes."

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    in all honestly, what happens in the future won't really matter because you'll still young and you h ave a lot to learn. this relationship is another way for you to grow and without learning you won't educate yourself. do as you want to because you shouldn't let other's differences in opinions affect your life. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I've seen this so many times in my circle of friends.

Love is between 2 parties. It shouldn't go to external things like religion or race.

Ppl can be educated once you stick your stand to what you want.

Always believe in yourself.

Believe in hope and bless all that r in this suituation.
    Last edited by Zekk_T_Strife; 06-02-04 at 12:11 AM.

Had to edit your post in another thread too. No advertisements.
    Heit ist mein taug.

I would suggest maybe attending church with her. ::shrug:: If you feel she's that important to you, it should be a simple task for you to carry out.
    I am Angie between the eyes! :::head tilt:::™

Sorry bro but move on to the next girl... Your already starting off on the wrong foot. Chance of the relationship crashing before it leaves the runway is good... Spare yourself the heartbreak and teh trouble. I was in a similar relationship with a cambodian girl... We met and hit it off, then we started to date.. for about 2months.. sneaking around and stuff..... she was 21 i was 20, we ended up getting caught by her dad... and he made her choose, and well she chose me and got disowned by her family.. which hurt me a lot because she was hurting. She moved in with me and we had a 3year relationship... and were engaged, her family then brainwashed her with some bs and she ended up leaving me for a 40 year old cambodian guy.. she's only 24 now but... just spare yourself the heartbreak because 9-10 times family has all the influence. YOU WILL GET HURT IN THE LONG RUN!
    Sucks to be single -_-;;